• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Upgrade vista 32 to 64

thedatman

I started messing with BD rebuilder and I see I need to upgrade my processor.I also should be running Vista 64. Do I have to buy an upgrade from microsoft or is there a way to use my same licence at no cost?

I'm not sure about that... I thought you just had to request the 64-bit install media from Microsoft. Unless you have Vista Ultimate, of course; that comes with both 32- and 64-bit DVDs in the case.

I've used my 32bit Vista Business key on a 64 bit install, you just need to get hold of a 64 bit install disc

CNET Download used to have a FREE download of the 64-bit ... just search it.

BTW ... the 64-bit download has the complete version ... so just go for the Ultimate.

Be careful to BACK-UP all of your Important Data ...since the Upgrade will write over everything ... completely a NEW Install!

G!:)

I thought you just had to request the 64-bit install media from Microsoft. .

That's what I thought but I have not been able to find and links from MS. Unless I missed it MS wants you to buy an upgade copy of vista. :confused: Perhaps it is not widely posted so someone ignorant will just buy a new copy

Ah... I think there may be different rules for OEM. You may, in fact, need to purchase an Upgrade (rip-off, if you ask me).

you can just buy the cheapest x64 to get the disk with sp1 already incorporated and use your x32 key to have the version that you have previously bought.

or I buy another oem this time 64 bit and install vista on 2 computers

you can just buy the cheapest x64 to get the disk with sp1 already incorporated and use your x32 key to have the version that you have previously bought.

I don't think an OEM product key will work on a retail disc... the alternate media ordering page on the Microsoft site explicity say "retailed, packaged product".

I had Home Premium x32 preinstalled (so I guess OEM) in German, and I wanted x64 in English. so I bought the OEM home basic disk SP1 which contains all version (incl. Ultimate which you can trial for 120 days)

Back