• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie: ATI Radion 1950 Pro 256 DDR3 doesn't seem to be HDCP compliant

focuspuller

i have an LG H20L, a HD samsung monitior, and a ATI 1950 Pro 256MB DDR3.

All of it is supposed to be HDCP complaint. By trying a different graghic card (an ATI RADEON HD 4670 1GB DDR3 which does work) I may have confirm that the problem lies with my 1950, and thus it's not complaint even thought it is supposed to be.

I would rather not have to buy a new graphic card at this time. Please Help!

My Setup:
ATI 1950 Pro 256MB DDR3
LG GGW-H20L blue-ray burner/hd dvd player
Powerdvd hidef suit (powerdvd 7 LG-OEM)
Powerdvd 8 Ultra

Last edited:
Please Help!

i have an LG H20L, a HD samsung monitior, and a ATI 1950 Pro 256MB DDR3.

All of it is supposed to be HDCP complaint. By trying a different graghic card (an ATI RADEON HD 4670 1GB DDR3 which does work) I may have confirm that the problem lies with my 1950, and thus it's not complaint even thought it is supposed to be.

I would rather not have to buy a new graphic card at this time. Please help!
Using AnyDVD HD would solve this problem.

i'm having the same problem.

I have a Samsung Monitor. And ATI 1950 redion graphic card. I have comfrimed that even though the graphic card is supposed to be HDCP compiant, it can't get it to work properly. Help Please!

It may be a Catalyst driver issue and/or an issue with PowerDVD accepting it as HDCP.

i've was using the software that came with my LG GGW-H20L which is PowerDVD 7 I believe (upgraded to 7.3). I am now using PowerDVD 8.

CyberLink has had a history of changing the minimum system requirements after the release of PowerDVD8. They may have also done this with PowerDVD7. Regardless, according to the website your X1950 should be supported.

What version of the ATI Catalyst drivers are you using? They say the 8.44 driver or newer is needed but that doesn't say which release of the Catalyst drivers. I believe any Catalyst release after v8.6 should fall within the minimum requirements. Currently the 8.12 Catalysts are available.

CyberLink has had a history of changing the minimum system requirements after the release of PowerDVD8. They may have also done this with PowerDVD7. Regardless, according to the website your X1950 should be supported.

What version of the ATI Catalyst drivers are you using? They say the 8.44 driver or newer is needed but that doesn't say which release of the Catalyst drivers. I believe any Catalyst release after v8.6 should fall within the minimum requirements. Currently the 8.12 Catalysts are available.

I'm using the newest, which is currently Catalyst 8.12. The currect driver within that is apperently 8.561.0.000 (I just downloaded the installer and went through the first few steps to check).

Last edited:

Still can't get it to work. What program could I use to play Blu-ray discs other then PowerDVD? Maybe that would work?

Last edited:
Still can't get it to work. What program could I use to play Blu-ray discs other then PowerDVD? Maybe that would work?

The other two big players are Corel WinDVD and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre. Arcsoft doesn't offer a trial version and I would never recommend buying that without first trying. It simply won't work on some systems. I believe WinDVD offers a trial but I'm not sure if it allows BluRay playback. WinDVD does have a BluRay advisor tool similar to CyberLink. Download and install it from here: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1193332030582. Once installed then run it and see what it says.

Back