• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

High Def and BlueRay...

In responce to James #20

Ok well I am a C++/C# programmer and have been working on my own decrypter program for HD and Blu-Ray. I made a key finder extension that uses the unpatched version of the dump file. It is quite proficient at grabbing volume keys and title keys when run. Then stores them in a *.DLL file so I have them on hand... That's why I asked these Questions...

Some newer disks Have some issues but nothing I haven't found a way to patch. I know that there is a Java decrypter for HD disks But you have to do the looking your own self to get the keys...

By the way dose anybody know if there is a encoder that can handle EVO files yet??? This is one field I have no experience in is encoding algorithm's...

Last edited:
I agree

I just bought a Toshiba Hd dvd player & you can really see the difference & hear the difference & it plays on my Sony Hd 42" xbr LCD-using the hdmi connections it is wonderful &&&&&& it will upconvert regular dvds that now look great too---I wasn't going to go for the hd player either but found it for a really low low price so succombed to the temptation and do not regret it. I hope HD DVD wins-so far all the articles that I have read are calling it the winner for now.

I hope HD DVD wins-so far all the articles that I have read are calling it the winner for now.
This really depends on what articles you read. :)
For us the decision to support HD DVD with AnyDVD HD was simple:

1.) No region code. Makes my job easy.
2.) Less DRM. Again, makes my job easier.
3.) XBOX360 HD DVD drive. Cheap solution to read HD DVD discs on a PC. Works fine under Windows XP & Vista. Available now for everyone.
4.) Consumer friendly. You can write HD DVD structures on normal DVDs, and HD DVD player will (well, should) play it.

Maybe I have to support Blu-ray in the future, but if I am lucky, Blu-ray will die first. :D

This really depends on what articles you read. :)
For us the decision to support HD DVD with AnyDVD HD was simple:

3.) XBOX360 HD DVD drive. Cheap solution to read HD DVD discs on a PC. Works fine under Windows XP & Vista. Available now for everyone.
4.) Consumer friendly. You can write HD DVD structures on normal DVDs, and HD DVD player will (well, should) play it.

Maybe I have to support Blu-ray in the future, but if I am lucky, Blu-ray will die first. :D

We can only hope:bowdown:

Yeah Lets face it Blu-ray sucks crap! Sony should keep it for there own PS3 Games Nothing More... The High capacity of them makes them perfect for PS3 games and graphics nothing more...

I wouldn't count Sony out. They remember losing to VHS and I doubt they plan on it happening again. Like it or not, Sony is the 800lb gorilla in this game.

Well I think M$ has a couple of trix up their sleeve...

I also can't wait to see this version.

James, just out of interest, have you been following the developments on Doom9?

I also can't wait to see this version.

James, just out of interest, have you been following the developments on Doom9?
Only a little bit. I was a little disappointed that someone else was faster in releasing a backup tool. But this is in a way a great motivation. :D

This sounds great^^:D
Just upgrade my pc(buy new VGA card-HDCP and new LCD-HDCP)
Hope can see AnyHD-DVD soon

This sounds great^^:D
Just upgrade my pc(buy new VGA card-HDCP and new LCD-HDCP)
Hope can see AnyHD-DVD soon

Save the money for the HDCP monitor. Buy AnyDVD HD instead. :D

@James - do you have a beta test program at SlySoft? If you need anyone to help beta test the HD variant of AnyDVD in some demanding real-life scenarios as you develop it, I'm more than happy to help out. Drop me a PM if you want to check out my credentials; I have quite bit of experience in testing environments and I'll sign non-disclosure etc. if you want. Just an offer, no problem if you don't want to take me up on it. Good luck anyway.

PS hope this post doesn't trigger a flood of 'me too'. Also, sorry if there is a specific area for beta-testing, I didn't see one.

@James - do you have a beta test program at SlySoft? If you need anyone to help beta test the HD variant of AnyDVD in some demanding real-life scenarios as you develop it, I'm more than happy to help out. Drop me a PM if you want to check out my credentials; I have quite bit of experience in testing environments and I'll sign non-disclosure etc. if you want. Just an offer, no problem if you don't want to take me up on it. Good luck anyway.

PS hope this post doesn't trigger a flood of 'me too'. Also, sorry if there is a specific area for beta-testing, I didn't see one.
We don't have a beta test program yet, but we want to utilize this forum for this purpose (with a closed beta test group).
But this isn't my department, so I don't know when this will happen. We opened the forum just yesterday so we need some time to get things running smoothly before thinking about the beta program.

I would love to participate in a beta as well. I have all the neccessary equipment to provide feedback for a beta.

Beta tester

We don't have a beta test program yet, but we want to utilize this forum for this purpose (with a closed beta test group).
But this isn't my department, so I don't know when this will happen. We opened the forum just yesterday so we need some time to get things running smoothly before thinking about the beta program.

Please put me down as a possable Beta tester. I'm a PC tech hence have tons of Hardware and experience. Also a registered user of both AnyDVD and Clone.

** scratches head and tries to figure out how AnyDVD is going to figure out the decryption part **

So no need for a memory dump.. Hmm, so all I need is the XBOX360 HD DVD player and "magically" the program figures out how to get the decrypted content from the disc.

So, is AnyDVD "tricking" the player to just spit out the decrypted packets? Does that mean that I will be able to Copy/Paste the disc contents to my HDD and watch the movie later without the need for decryption? And maybe later burn to a disc to be played back on an HD DVD player?

Can I also be put on the list for the beta test?

We are currently working AnyDVD HD, and it will be an awsome product!:D
I have an early Alpha Version, and it decrypts any HD DVD disc I have tried. Even better, the first version will probably have a working "Remove annoying trailers..." function. Adios, FBI warning. And the 20 second Universal "HD-DVD is great" logo which you cannot skip is now gone for good. :D
Your product has sold millions of dvd burners. If you can support the upcoming HD DVD burners you will make that format the winner in the HD DVD vs Blue Ray war. I have a Toshiba HD DVD player and HD DVD is much better then an up-converted DVD.

Back