• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use AnyDVD 6.5.1.0 beta] Problem with bangkok dangerous (Disc 1 of 2 disc S.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, if you disable the A.I. Scanner then re-enable it when you are done. That goes without saying but I'm now saying it just in case some people don't figure that out on their own. :)

Ok I am using ANYDVD 6.5.0.8 and trying to rip Bangkok It only gets to 2% then stops

Um, okay... We know there is a problem. I'm really not sure what posting log files from Rendition using AnyDVD 6.1.3.5 will be helpful for... :confused: Did you accidentally post the wrong logs?

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-109 1.00 05/03/14PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2005600 sectors (3917 MBytes)
Total size: 3921243 sectors (7658 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: RENDITION
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

<snip>

AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 with AI disabled.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.5.0.8)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-16H5S LPVC 2005/08/16 01:03

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Bangkok_Dangerous
Media is CSS protected!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I cannot open your attached ZIP file. It appears corrupted. James has at least one set of log files already. If you could please try posting them again it'll give him another set of logs.

Last edited:
I can't scan or create a log file for Righteous Kill or Bangkok Dangerous. They both play fine in my home players. I can't create a back up either. Copy protection?

Was a fix for V for Vendetta read error ever created?

Any HD DVD 6.5.0.7
Clone DVD2 2.9.2.0

My apologies. I'm not sure why it became corrupted.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    783.8 KB · Views: 5
I can't scan or create a log file for Righteous Kill or Bangkok Dangerous. They both play fine in my home players. I can't create a back up either. Copy protection?

Was a fix for V for Vendetta read error ever created?

Any HD DVD 6.5.0.7
Clone DVD2 2.9.2.0

1. There is no known problem with The Righteous Kill. I can personally attest to the fact that there are no issues with the Region 1 widescreen release and creating logs is also trouble-free.
  2. As I've already stated to create log files for the problematic widescreen-only release you must disable the A.I. Scanner before you will be able to create logs. We know there is a problem with this specific version of the Bangkok Dangerous release. Re-enable the A.I. Scanner when done creating logs.
  3. I'm unaware of a problem with V For Vendetta. You'll need to post logs and explain further. A problem can't be fixed if no one knows it exists. If the disc isn't on the list of unsupported discs then a problem isn't known. Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13253.

Last edited:
Problems with Bangkok Dangerous

I've had the same problems with the above title. Pineapple Express, Righteous Kill & Babylon A.D. converted just fine. If I try to select everything from Bangkok Dangerous, it gets to 45% on the quality percentage, then Hangs up. I updated to anydvd 6.5.0.8 beta to get it to get that far. On the earlier version of anydvd it would not even finish scanning dvd. Just got hung up and I let it go for 20 minutes before stopping it. After updating to 6.5.0.8 it would finish the scan and then then after opening Clonedvd if I left everything selected it would only get to 45% on the Audio and Subtitle Settings. If I pulled out Title 20 it would finish the compression on Audio and Subtitle Settings, and would show the compression rate of 80%. Then at Creating DVD Video Files at 2% it quits processing at titles in vts_01_1.vob 008087. Then I get a Processing error: Z:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB:read error. In Details it read "File 1 Z:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader"

Full Backup Success

OK, I was finally able to get an entire disk copy, with special features. I used Anydvd 6492 and Clonedvd 2920 on my Toshiba laptop running windows XP, the drive on the laptop wouldn't read it but I have a Plextor PX-800A in an external enclosure hooked up to it. I even tried to use the same drive connected to my desktop running Vista but Anydvd wouldn't read it. and it will read it everytime on the laptop now, strange. I also included the screen shots of the Titles in Clonedvd from the original and the backup, to show that Titles 2,3,4 and 5 are there, these are the special features. But I am still unable to create a log file. And this is a BB rental, disk 1, 1 sided disk.

Attachments

• bang.jpg
    bang.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Bang 2.jpg
    Bang 2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
I've had the same problems with the above title. Pineapple Express, Righteous Kill & Babylon A.D. converted just fine. If I try to select everything from Bangkok Dangerous, it gets to 45% on the quality percentage, then Hangs up. I updated to anydvd 6.5.0.8 beta to get it to get that far. On the earlier version of anydvd it would not even finish scanning dvd. Just got hung up and I let it go for 20 minutes before stopping it. After updating to 6.5.0.8 it would finish the scan and then then after opening Clonedvd if I left everything selected it would only get to 45% on the Audio and Subtitle Settings. If I pulled out Title 20 it would finish the compression on Audio and Subtitle Settings, and would show the compression rate of 80%. Then at Creating DVD Video Files at 2% it quits processing at titles in vts_01_1.vob 008087. Then I get a Processing error: Z:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB:read error. In Details it read "File 1 Z:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader"

It's being looked into.

Same problems. Here's a zip file maybe (LOL).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    770.2 KB · Views: 0
OK, I was finally able to get an entire disk copy, with special features. I used Anydvd 6492 and Clonedvd 2920 on my Toshiba laptop running windows XP, the drive on the laptop wouldn't read it but I have a Plextor PX-800A in an external enclosure hooked up to it. I even tried to use the same drive connected to my desktop running Vista but Anydvd wouldn't read it. and it will read it everytime on the laptop now, strange. I also included the screen shots of the Titles in Clonedvd from the original and the backup, to show that Titles 2,3,4 and 5 are there, these are the special features. But I am still unable to create a log file. And this is a BB rental, disk 1, 1 sided disk.

Very interesting.

ditto: exchanged disc twice, four separate dvd burners, still nada.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    770.2 KB · Views: 7
What version of the movie did you have? It is easy to tell. One version that seems to be working fine for everyone is a double sided DVD. The other is a single sided DVD which no one can get to work.

i have 1 SIDED:)

The people claiming to get part of the way with CloneDVD and the single-disc double-layer widescreen-only release are more than a bit confusing since AnyDVD will never complete scanning the disc. So, are you changing the default settings? What exactly are you people doing?

No Claim,.,,, Just Fact..... I did have the same problem with AnyDVD lingering but I did a reinstall / reboot and anydvd worked fine and selecting Title 1 only did the trick for me. Backing up the single disc dual layer widescreen version. (I believe this is the same version Blockbuster is distributing)

Last edited:
No Claim,.,,, Just Fact..... I did have the same problem with AnyDVD lingering but I did a reinstall / reboot and anydvd worked fine and selecting Title 1 only did the trick for me. Backing up the single disc dual layer widescreen version. (I believe this is the same version Blockbuster is distributing)

So you uninstalled and then installed AnyDVD again and then restarted? Which version of AnyDVD did you reinstall? By dual layer you mean like a DVD9(8.5gb) or do you mean double sided? If you meant dual layer does the disc say Disc 1 Feature Film or something to that effect on it.

The people claiming to get part of the way with CloneDVD and the single-disc double-layer widescreen-only release are more than a bit confusing since AnyDVD will never complete scanning the disc. So, are you changing the default settings? What exactly are you people doing?

Normally, I would agree with you as yesterday I was unsuccessful getting AnyDVD to scan the disc but today...different story (and I didn't change anything on AnyDVD or reboot) Yeah I know weird!!:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.5.0.7)
SONY DVD RW DRU-500A 2.0H DEC19 ,2003

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Bangkok_Dangerous
Media is CSS protected!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This is from the 1-Sided Version that has Disc 1 Feature Film (the one everyone is having a problem with). CloneDVD does show 4 chapters that "could" have been the movie but after reading here, I selected titles 1-19, 21 & 22 and CloneDVD completed 100%. I will see if there is a glitch at the start of chapter 21 (Read that on another forum) and let you know.

Also, first post for me so if I left something out, I apologize now :)

Last edited:
So you uninstalled and then installed AnyDVD again and then restarted? Which version of AnyDVD did you reinstall? By dual layer you mean like a DVD9(8.5gb) or do you mean double sided? If you meant dual layer does the disc say Disc 1 Feature Film or something to that effect on it.

Went back this morning and did a second successful burn adding more titles.
Here's the specs.

Original Media: Single Disc, Dual Layer Widescreen, 7.95Gb, Region 1-8, It does appear that this dvd is split from a set as it says "Disc 1 Feature Film"

AnyDVD v6.5.0.7

CloneDVD 2.9.2.0

Titles Selected 1-18 + 21

Attachments

• VSO1.jpg
    VSO1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 7
  • anydvd1.jpg
    anydvd1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 5
  • bang2.jpg
    bang2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5
  • bang3.jpg
    bang3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6
  • bang_finished.jpg
    bang_finished.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 6
Is there an update for anydvd? Having trouble with bangkock dangerous, region 1.

No, there is no update. Read the 5 pages in the thread that I have now merged your post into.

Please look at the other topics in the forum when posting a new thread to see if your problem has already been discussed like this one most definitely has.

Region 1-8

This would be region free if it's Regions 1 through 8... The problematic release and only version we have seen so far that people have specified a problem with is Region 1. Are you having a problem with a release from a region other than Region 1?

Btw, it is very important for people to specify what version of AnyDVD is being used since AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 does not get stuck in an endless scanning loop like AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back