• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use AnyDVD 6.5.1.0 beta] Problem with bangkok dangerous (Disc 1 of 2 disc S.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I did miss the entire thread. I do apologize. As for the disc I'm using. It is the single disc version, not the S.E. 2 disc set.

I have tried repeatedly to create a log file with no luck. I'm going to try backing this title up on my laptop, which is also Vista 64 bit Ultimate, but uses an HD DVD-ROM drive instead of Blu-Ray. I will post back and let you know if I have any better luck on that.

No problem. I was trying to figure out why it wouldn't copy, either, but I unfortunately have the S.E. edition, so I am stuck with just the original. But the Digital Copy is nice, since I can use it on my laptop.

But like DrinkLyeAndDie has stated, if you have the "flip" disc, you should not have any issues. If you have a copy that says "Disc 1", then you might have the S.E. version.

The single-disc retail version that is sold is a flip-disc that has the full screen release on one side and widescreen on the other. I do not believe it has any bonus features at all. This is the only retail single-disc release of the movie.

The single-disc widescreen release with bonus features is actually Disc 1 from the two-disc Special Edition release and rental places are using this as their rental discs because it is what they were sent to use. They rent this disc out but sell the flip-disc version. The same goes for the Special Edition full screen release. Some rental places may be renting out a full screen single-disc release.

In short, if you have a single-disc one-sided double-layer widescreen-only or full screen-only release with bonus features then it should not have been sold. It's a rental disc and if you rented it...

My brother in law gave me this disc to backup. It turns out he did rent it and it is not a purchased disc. There lies my problem, and my solution.

there is a whole thread devoted to Bangkok Dangerous - read it.

There's a known issue - nothing to do with 0.7

-W

I went through the same thing! I just unselected everything other than this {1:39:08 25AC3/6 EN. AC3/2EN} and everything went smooth. It's a real bummer though, because I like watching some special features like out-takes, bloopers, bios, etc...

My brother in law gave me this disc to backup. It turns out he did rent it and it is not a purchased disc. There lies my problem, and my solution.

In your case, yes. In my case I ended up with a disc that was never meant to be sold yet was by mistake. I've resolved the issue by returning the disc for the version they were supposed to sell.

bangkok dangerous

I tried, to removed the ones that wasn't good sectors, I still got and error saying is it a master disc. I'm going to exchange it for another one...wish me luck..

I tried, to removed the ones that wasn't good sectors, I still got and error saying is it a master disc. I'm going to exchange it for another one...wish me luck..

What release of this disc are you using and what software? Are you using AnyDVD?

Bangkok Dangerous stops scanning at 45%

This is the error message I get:

File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_20_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

This is the 2nd Bangkok Dangerous DVD I have tried with the same results. I have also tried to just Rip it and I have also tried DVD Decrypter with the same results. Any help?

This is the error message I get:

File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_20_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

This is the 2nd Bangkok Dangerous DVD I have tried with the same results. I have also tried to just Rip it and I have also tried DVD Decrypter with the same results. Any help?

What version of the disc is this? The single-disc that is two-sided or is this the special edition two-disc release?

Bad Disc update Bangkok Dangerous (US REMAKE VERSION)

The US Remake of Bangkok Dangerous (with Nic Cage)
R:1 Club/Discount (and rental at most places)
R:1 2 Disc Special Edition

Film disc/disc 1 is a bad pressing. Many tries, many bad discs, gave up. :bang:

The US Remake of Bangkok Dangerous (with Nic Cage)
R:1 2 Disc Special Edition

Film disc/disc 1 is a bad pressing. Many tries, many bad discs, gave up. :bang:

Have you read the forums? The issue with the special edition is not a bad pressing issue. I believe all rental stores are renting out disc 1 from the special edition which has a different protection than the protection on the single-disc flip-disc widescreen/full screeen release.

No one with the flip-disc has reported an issue that I have seen.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24448

I'm using anydvd6.5.07

What release of the movie do you have? The double-sided flip-disc with both the widescreen and full screen versions? The single-disc one-sided double-layer widescreen version? The single-disc one-sided double-layer full screen version? The two-disc Special Edition release?

Have you read the forums? The issue with the special edition is not a bad pressing issue. I believe all rental stores are renting out disc 1 from the special edition which has a different protection than the protection on the single-disc flip-disc widescreen/full screeen release.

No one with the flip-disc has reported an issue that I have seen.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24448

And I didn't report an issue with the flipper...

Flipper (from Fry's) works fine.

AGAIN!
SINGLE DISC SINGLE SIDED DL REGION ONE DVD

ALSO

R:1 DISC 1 of the 2 DISC "SPECIAL EDITION"

The club version of this title is the first disc out of the two disc special edition.

Now this seems to be a weird title set.

I couldn't copy with CloneDVD. Got errors 45% of the way thru. Couldn't rip it to HD with AnyDVD.... VSO inspector viewed the disc as bad so I took it back to the store and exchanged.. Same problem with replacement movie.

Went back to CloneDVD and reviewd the titles. Thev 1st 5 titles total over 8 hours and 4 of them are bogus. The 3rd title set is the keeper ( 01 1:39:08 25AC3/6 EN. AC3/2EN. I selected just this title and got a good backup.

Anyone else experience this?

Which version of the disc are you using? The same question applies as I posted in the previous post in this thread.

The single-disc two-sided release?
The single-disc one-sided release?
The special edition release?

And I didn't report an issue with the flipper...

Flipper (from Fry's) works fine.

AGAIN!
SINGLE DISC SINGLE SIDED DL REGION ONE DVD

ALSO

R:1 DISC 1 of the 2 DISC "SPECIAL EDITION"

The club version of this title is the first disc out of the two disc special edition.

Have you actually read the thread I referenced to?

These are not bad discs. The discs are protected. The rental disc is the single-sided double-layer disc that is also from the Special Edition release of this movie. The problem is the protection. Everyone with these discs is having problems. It's not a bad pressing issue.

Had you read the thread that I pointed you to you'd have seen this without me having to type this reply. We already know the flip-discs work fine.

Last edited:
The single-disc one-sided release

This is a rental disc. This is the same disc that is sold in the special edition two-disc release. This disc that you have is not for retail sale as a single-disc release. Currently there is a known issue with this disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back