• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

20% off Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre

I gave up on it a a while ago as it's just to unstable to use, PDVD can be crappy but at least it doesn't just reboot systems when you double click on the ICON. (And yes I do have 'reboot on Blue-screen' switched off)

The patch will be live shortly through the auto update system but for those who prefer a direct download of the ENGLISH patch:

http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/di...mediatheatre_2.1.6.105_2.1.6.128_update_e.exe
EDIT: I'm leaving it off the auto update system until I can clarify the 24hz issue. But I'm not taking down the file, so feel free to do some BETA testing of this probably-but-maybe-not final release of 128 if you like. :p

Okay, this beta fixed my crashing issues. Previously, I'd get a crash when transitioning from trailers or warning screen to the main movie menu with certain discs.

I gave up on it a a while ago as it's just to unstable to use, PDVD can be crappy but at least it doesn't just reboot systems when you double click on the ICON. (And yes I do have 'reboot on Blue-screen' switched off)

Did you do this?

1. "disable the arcsoft connect service in your services control panel. Then check your startup items and remove the arcsoft daemon."

2. Also update Java

3. Try the new beta

Last edited:
Okay, this beta fixed my crashing issues. Previously, I'd get a crash when transitioning from trailers or warning screen to the main movie menu with certain discs.

So I think TMT is now my software player of choice (under Vista 64 anyway) since

1. Powerdvd 8 downsamples audio over HDMI,

2. Powerdvd 8 requires hacks to play HD-DVDs, and

3. Powerdvd 8 won't playback files on the hard drive

Last edited:
1. SamuriHL says, "You want to disable the arcsoft connect service in your services control panel. Then check your startup items and remove the arcsoft daemon. It will make your life better."

2. SamuriHL also says, "update Java".

3. Try the new beta (or the latest update if the latest update is newer):
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=155914&postcount=19

Following these three steps has eliminated my TMT crashing issues.

Did you do this?

1. "disable the arcsoft connect service in your services control panel. Then check your startup items and remove the arcsoft daemon."

2. Also update Java

3. Try the new beta

1 Yes

2 Yes

3 No as I've given up on it, it's never worked on my systems either causing them to lock up or just reboot. I'm sticking with PDVD as it plays every Blu-ray I throw at it

1 Yes

2 Yes

3 No as I've given up on it, it's never worked on my systems either causing them to lock up or just reboot. I'm sticking with PDVD as it plays every Blu-ray I throw at it

Those steps should work with Intel x38/x48/x58 systems using Ati 48xx graphic cards over hdmi with Catalyst 8.12 (with Vista 64 SP1 at least; I haven't tested under XP 32 bit pro SP3 yet)

Seems like this .128 is not final based on what they say on the forums. I think i will wait.

I've tried it with asus and intel boards, using 3650's, 3850's 4670's and a few nvidia cards using drivers ranging from 8.4 to 8.12 clean install of Vista 32 and XP 32. I build the systems for customers and can't recommend software that's so flakey otherwise we'll be the ones having to do the support. I also have to install editing software onto these systems which also makes it very unstable

I've tried it with asus and intel boards, using 3650's, 3850's 4670's and a few nvidia cards using drivers ranging from 8.4 to 8.12 clean install of Vista 32 and XP 32. I build the systems for customers and can't recommend software that's so flakey otherwise we'll be the ones having to do the support. I also have to install editing software onto these systems which also makes it very unstable

Very strange. I am testing on an Asus X48 based board currently without any issues, but I haven't tested under a 32 bit OS yet. I'm about to shortly, since I need to update Nero 9, which I hate . . .

I'm using an ASUS x48-based board and ever since TMT 2.1.6.125 under Vista x64 SP1 all my issues with it not playing went away. My vanishing audio that I still haven't discovered the cause for vanished with 2.1.6.126. I've had no issues with whichever ATI Catalyst drivers were available at the time using my ATI Radeon HD 4870

Last edited:
its ben a while since ive been on here so i have been out of the loop. for the most part i havent missed to much. my main concern is the switch most people are doing by going to arcsoft. i have been using powerdvd 7 this whole time. i do have v8 but there were to many problems before and i didnt want to deal with updating the HDDVD hack so i stuck with it. i have updated a few times and im not having any problems with it at all. is there something i might be missing that i dont know about?

its ben a while since ive been on here so i have been out of the loop. for the most part i havent missed to much. my main concern is the switch most people are doing by going to arcsoft. i have been using powerdvd 7 this whole time. i do have v8 but there were to many problems before and i didnt want to deal with updating the HDDVD hack so i stuck with it. i have updated a few times and im not having any problems with it at all. is there something i might be missing that i dont know about?

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=156052&postcount=25

are thse three the only reasons if so thats not a problem since im using v7 at the moment and i dont have folders on the HDD, i have ISOs that im mounting and if thats the only case then its no big deal for me

Has anyone successfully run TMT in Parallels on a Mac? I've got AnyDVD HD running fine on my MacPro. I've been able to use the procedures described elsewhere in these forums to get a Blu Ray with just the main movie and one soundtrack, but I'm having a terrible time actually playing any blu rays. My LG drive came with PowerDVD and I set that up and can't get it to play at all. Gives some invalid format error no matter how I tried to do it. I saw that some people are switching to TMT so I bought that and have followed the suggestions here to disable the arcsoft service and startup daemon as well as installed the .128 beta. It does play, but sound and video are choppy/stuttering. Also the movie comes up upside down sometimes unless I go to full screen and then back. I'm using the latest Parallels which supports DirectX 9.0c. It is emulating a 256MB video card with hardware acceleration. I'm running it on a quad core 2.66 MacPro. The Virtual Machine has 2 GB of RAM. I'm only assigning one core to the VM. I guess I'll try two and see if that helps.
If anybody else has some experience with this I would appreciate some advice.

Please don't tell me to get a PC because I've got one sitting right next to my Mac. That would certainly be the simpler way to do things, but I'd like to get this working on the Mac if I can.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:
Here is some follow up on the question above:

Using 2 cores for the VM makes a huge difference. Sound is fine, Video breaks up in a few places occ (just small areas of the screen when more movement is happening) but is much better. The movie still shows upside down in Coherence mode, but if I switch to Parallels to a window or full screen mode it plays correctly.

If anyone has any other tips I would appreciate them.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Actually I can't play BD discs or .iso's now. I get an error that says video overlay is not working correctly. It is just working with .mts files.

Last edited:
Back