• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wanted dvd

texasrattler

I went and got Wanted since I wasn't allowed to talk about borrowed versions. My bad about that.
I am still having issues with coping Wanted. I open anydvd(using 6.4.9.0) let it scan for protection then use rip to hard drive. It does everything fine. When I put in my copy into my Samsung 1080p dvd player, it starts freezing really bad near the end of the movie. You can at times see like green blocks appear on the screen.
Have not had this problem till Wanted and the X Files came out. I have seen it before but nothing recently. I have used different discs. Sony D21 and Tayo Yuden labeled as Sony. My drive is a brand new Sony DVD RW dru-v200a. It has latest firmware.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_WANTED.zip
    63.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
When a disk starts acting up near the end,, It's 99% of the time a blank dsik quality issue.
This means the "outer rim" is not getting burt properly.

AnyDVD has nothing to do with Burning.

-W

What burning software are you using? Maybe we can get an answer that will help you.

What burning software are you using? Maybe we can get an answer that will help you.

I use DVD Shrink 3.2.1 and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0. Using AnyDVD 6.4.9.0. I use rip to hard drive,then Shrink then Decrypter.

Sounds like the outer rim of the disk issue. Instead of Shrinking the main Movie to 4.35g try Shrinking to 4.2g - that keeps the burn off the outer edge. Many poorly made blanks have dye issues at the outer rim of the disk. A DVD burns from the middle out.
I like to leave 1/8 inch unburned.

-W

It seems that I may have been burning to high. The Sony D21 are capable of 18x but don't seem to burn well above 12x. The Taiyo Yuden burn at 8x on the package but Decrypter reads it is capable of 16x. I burned at 12x with no problems. But I believe on of my other burns went above 12x and it had the same problem as the D21's. I just could have been burning out of specs and that caused bad quality discs. So far that seems to be the case as I have had 2 successful copies of Wanted on Sony D21 and Sony Taiyo Yuden discs burned at 12x.

I limit by burn speed to 8X max, and stay off the rim. Never a problem here.

-W

How do I stay off the rim exactly? When I use Shrink, I just have the main movie and keep AC3 5.1 or AC3 2.1 if it is available. Everything else is unchecked. No subtitles or commentary, no extras.

Set the compression to "custom ratio" and then Shrink it to 4.2g instrad of the default 4.35. There is also a way in the settings to make that a permanent default - I think.

-W

texasrattler
In Shrink: Go to Edit> Preferences> Under Target DVD size Change the box to Custom(in blue) then to the right of that put 4350.

That 4350 will keep you far enough from the outer rim

Back