• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PAL reading as NTSC???

joleca

I have a DVD that I ordered online (came from Poland) as the distribution company that was going to release it here in the US went out of business. The case and the DVD both say Region 2 (no problem here) and both say PAL.

But when I put it in my drive and check the status after AnyDVD has scanned the disc, it says that its NTSC. How is this possible? (not that I'm complaining). :confused: And when I scan the backup I made, it says Region Free (of course) and it also says my backup is NTSC..

just kind of confused here as to what's happening... Both the original and my backup play fine in a stand-alone player (have set to be region "0") but regardless, the player is still NTSC, not PAL.

Any thoughts or ideas???

Thanks

mrr19121970

I know region coding has nothing to do with whether a disc is NTSC or PAL, but the movie I bought says PAL on both the case and the DVD.. beyond that, everything is in Polish and I have no idea what it says... matter of fact, its trial and error to select the correct option from the menu to get the original English instead of the dubbed Polish (and sub-titles)...

But, as I mentioned, both the original and the backup play just fine, so I'm happy... just confused is all.

Presaumably the people you bought the disc from sent you an NTSC copy labelled as PAL.

As you're in the US it makes sense ...

you can simply use clone dvd to extract the main title and english language stream.

Guess you can tell I'm a newbie... Will that allow me to keep the original menu, or will it just start to autoplay the film? (not that I'd mind loosing the "coming attractions" which are all in Polish with no English stream). ;)

Thanks

you can simply use clone dvd to extract the main title and english language stream.

Last edited:
you'd "loose" everything except the main movie.

Back