• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD Rip playable on a MediaLounge?

Jrexi

Hi All,

I just connected an XBOX HD Drive to my PC, downloaded the drivers, upgraded to AnyDVDHD and am ready to go. Now my issue is how do I rip the HD DVD to my hard drive so I can stream it through my DSM-520 MediaLounge which is HD capable?

The 520 can play the following HD formats: MPEG4 and WMV9. I just dont know how to get the HD DVD in one of those formats. Using the King Kong HD DVD as an example, I'm assuming that the FEATURE_1.EVO and FEATURE_2.EVO files are the actual movie. I'm going to rip those files and see if they will play natively in the 520...my gut says no, but I'll try anyway.

Can anyone offer any insight? Do I need to wait for a software package that will recode an HD DVD into an MPEG4 format?

Thanks in advance.

Jrexi

I have the same question. I have done quite a bit of research on this, and I have not found any media streamer out there that can play VC-1 content at this point. The newest D-link product (DSM-750) is supposed to, but it hasn't come out yet.

I have the same question. I have done quite a bit of research on this, and I have not found any media streamer out there that can play VC-1 content at this point. The newest D-link product (DSM-750) is supposed to, but it hasn't come out yet.

Hey Mick, is the .evo extention a VC-1 file? Or would we still need to convert that file as well.

Sorry if this is noob question :cool:

evo is just a container, like avi. The actual video and audio codecs used are defined on a per stream basis inside the file. Some (All?) discs will tell you the codecs being used in the XPL file, which is handy since that's plain text.

Most HDDVD discs are VC-1.

From what I have been reading you don't want to convert the file because then you will be degrading the video quality. I have heard of some converters out there, but I don't remember what they were.

Back