• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot play Spiderman 3

mulox

Attempting to play Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray, the original disc, using:
LG GGW-H20L with the latest firmware update
ATI x1950 Pro video card with latest Catalyst 8.9 installed
AnyDVD 6.4.6.9
Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 with the latest patches installed

I get to the main menu, and the Play button is highlighted, but pressing it (or any other button) does nothing, and the menu animation just keeps looping. I have read the FAQ and searched the forum and didn't see anything that would help me.

Hit the keyboard enter instead of using the mouse to click on play. It is Java menu should be the same issue I faced previously.

Attempting to play Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray, the original disc, using:
LG GGW-H20L with the latest firmware update
ATI x1950 Pro video card with latest Catalyst 8.9 installed
AnyDVD 6.4.6.9
Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 with the latest patches installed

I get to the main menu, and the Play button is highlighted, but pressing it (or any other button) does nothing, and the menu animation just keeps looping. I have read the FAQ and searched the forum and didn't see anything that would help me.

I had tried that already, but this time instead of pressing the main enter key, I tried pressing enter on my num key pad and oddly enough that worked, so thanks! No idea why the main enter key doesn't.

I also tried "Rip Video DVD to hard disk" and it keeps failing around 50%. I forget the error message. Anyone have this same problem?

with powerdvd and a bluray disc the mouse is disabled the only way to get it to play is to use the keyboard or using a media center or powerdvd remote which is pritty handy to have on an HTPC

Thanks for all of the info on PowerDVD, although the last thing I want is yet another remote. Maybe I will check out WinDVDs solution.

As for the rip, I followed Webslinger's instructions and downloaded imgburn 2.4.2 and it stopped again, half-way through. The thread says to not use 2.4.0, so I assumed I am ok with a later version, but do I need to hunt for 2.3.9 or dig further in my system and post log files?

I did search my pc for packet writing software and found Cyberlink's instaburn, so I just uninstalled it for good measure, but I have a feeling I need a different version of imgburn.... ?

Thanks for all of the info on PowerDVD, although the last thing I want is yet another remote. Maybe I will check out WinDVDs solution.

As for the rip, I followed Webslinger's instructions and downloaded imgburn 2.4.2 and it stopped again, half-way through. The thread says to not use 2.4.0, so I assumed I am ok with a later version, but do I need to hunt for 2.3.9 or dig further in my system and post log files?

I did search my pc for packet writing software and found Cyberlink's instaburn, so I just uninstalled it for good measure, but I have a feeling I need a different version of imgburn.... ?

No. The latest version is fine.

You should post the Anydvd .zip log file as requested.

Ok, I went ahead and downloaded/installed AnyDVD 6.4.7.4 for good measure, and reinstalled imgburn 2.4.2. My log files are attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I went ahead and downloaded/installed AnyDVD 6.4.7.4 for good measure, and reinstalled imgburn 2.4.2. My log files are attached.

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program in my opinion)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

2. After rebooting check to ensure clbstor is gone (check using imgburn again)

If the rip still fails afterward, then . . .

Here are your options (in order of likelihood):

A. The original disc is bad even if it plays fine. Exchange it.

B. The disc is dirty. Clean it.

C. Your drive is slowly dying. Try a different drive.

D. The cable on the back of your drive is bad. Exchange it.

clbstor was definitely the issue. Once I removed it I was able to rip successfully and also mount the iso and view it. Thank you Webslinger!:clap:

However, unfortunately I am still experiencing some stutter, and I know it's either the fact that I am playing the iso from my NAS drive (but using gigabit) or it could be my desktop is just too old. I have a Intel P4 3.4Ghz with 2gb ram. I experienced the stutter playing the original disc in the LG as well...

I would upgrade.

I agree, you should be able to get a decent 3650 in either PCI or AGP which will offload onto the GPU then you shouldn't get any stuttering. I've used the AGP 3650 on a single core 3.2 P4 and they played back fine when played as a full disc in PowerDVD

Back