• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tiny Bug: Image creation remaining time shows in seconds.

rajdude

I searched but could not find another thread for this little issue.

When I create a ISO image using AnyDVD it shows how much time to go before the image is done. That is very useful information.

The problem is that it says xx.xx secs but (I guess) in reality it means minutes.

(pl see attached image)

Simple fix?

Attachments

• seconds.jpg
    seconds.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 25
I believe your seeing MIN:SEC to go. Your image looked like 82 minutes and 08 seconds to go.

I searched but could not find another thread for this little issue.

When I create a ISO image using AnyDVD it shows how much time to go before the image is done. That is very useful information.

The problem is that it says xx.xx secs but (I guess) in reality it means minutes.

(pl see attached image)

Simple fix?

so your only problem is that you think it should say minutes instead of seconds is that correct

Well yes..... but even my "problem" of putting "mins" there is wrong :)

I googled it.....if you want to be 100% correct that display should look like :

xx:xx:xx (nothing here)

hh:mm:ss [no need for a sec or hr or min here.]

This is according to my understanding of : International Standard ISO 8601
It specifies numeric representations of date and time:

Excerpt:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

The international standard notation for the time of day is

hh:mm:ss

where hh is the number of complete hours that have passed since midnight (00-24), mm is the number of complete minutes that have passed since the start of the hour (00-59), and ss is the number of complete seconds since the start of the minute (00-60). If the hour value is 24, then the minute and second values must be zero.

so your only problem is that you think it should say minutes instead of seconds is that correct

There's nothing to be fixed, it's very obvious that it means minutes:seconds

This post will be seen if it hasn't already. I'm sure if they feel it should be changed then they will do so.

it's standardized. the unit you put after a time designation always refers to the leftmost number. so e.g. 6:37 h means 6 hours and 37 minutes, in contrast 6:37 min means 6 minutes and 37 seconds, that's it. besides the unit is "min", not "mins".

Last edited:
hmmmm....so in continuation of your hr and minute explanation........

82:08 secs should mean 82 seconds and 08 milliseconds (or micro seconds?)..........NOT 82 minutes and 08 seconds right?

:confused:

So that would be wrong, right ?8)

it's standardized. the unit you put after a time designation always refers to the leftmost number. so e.g. 6:37 h means 6 hours and 37 minutes, in contrast 6:37 min means 6 minutes and 37 seconds, that's it. besides the unit is "min", not "mins".

"xx min yy sec" would make it clear, just needs a cosmetic fix.

nope, xx:yy s is not allowed. after seconds there are only decimal places like 82.08 s which ordinaryly means 82 seconds and 8 hundredths.

in general the valid time format is hh:mm:ss.ffffff unit. the unit has to be the name of the highest shown part of the time or left out if it's already clear by content.

i would recommend the windows built-in formatting feature for region-dependent informations with the format "m:ss min" so everybody would get the right formatting of his culture as ":" is the placeholder for the user's time separator characters, "m" the variable-length designation of the minutes and "ss" the fixed-length designation of the seconds.

Last edited:
Back