• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone HD-DVD

wow this got of topic, but i would love to get CloneDVD-HD. Hopefully if they do in fact decide to develop it; it will also carry that upgrade option!

I guarantee that it will most likely be an upgrade on clonedvd2 hd. It'll be worth it though I think.

Features - WMV HD

The biggest thing to include is conversion to WMV HD format for the main title. This would allow you to watch the video directly from Vista Media Center and stream it to XBOX 360 MC Extenders! You could have your whole video library archived off to a storage server and stream videos from you Media Center Extender as desired. Very cool. :agree:

this would reduce the movie to somewhere around 7.5 GBs, with no loss in quality

I am also anxiously awaiting a Clone HD and hope a decision is there to produce one (is there already that I am not aware of?) I however think that anytime we do convert (digital or not) to another format and reduce the size, we are probably also reducing the quality.. Then again, if we can notice - I have not an idea!

Transcoding speed

The biggest thing to include is conversion to WMV HD format for the main title. This would allow you to watch the video directly from Vista Media Center and stream it to XBOX 360 MC Extenders! You could have your whole video library archived off to a storage server and stream videos from you Media Center Extender as desired. Very cool. :agree:

It's a nice thought but with my Pentium D 820 it would take about 30 hours to transcode a 2 hour 1080p video. Even with a QX6700 processor it would take about 8 hours. The day will come that processors make a QX6700 look slow but until then it just takes too long to transcode HD.

A rip and burn solution would take about 2 hours with BR.

I like the HDD storage idea better but can't deal with the current transcode time.

The major problem with converting HD-dvd to blu-ray is the audio, you'd have to rip out the core dts or ac3 as the full hd sound is not compatible between the 2 versions. Also you'd have to have a program that some how rewrites the menu system and structure from one format to the other as these are also not compatible. If you want to just strip out the HD-dvd film and then put that onto a blu-ray disc with the ac3/dts sound that will play back on a settop player then that is possible to do as I've done many myself

Tell us how please.

Another option is to recode the mt2 HD-DVD file to a BD file with Nero Recode and use a 25gb flash drive to use it with the PS3... except I don't have one.

Also it takes about 1 week to transcode with my P4 3.2...

Netflix is quicker.

Back