• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

C&C Tiberium Wars: this application is not compatible with the installed OS

Kilgore87

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
Release v3.1.0.4 - beta
2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Windows XP Pro SP3
3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite), and possibly Anydvd. These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.
no virtual drives active or used
4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)
only nero 8 suite has been used
5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.
i'm unable to properly use the Protection ID software though i will say that i was able to use gamejackal with this game before the month of june
6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?
C&C 3 Tiberium Wars Kane Edition
7. What is the version of the game?
1.09 (latest patch)
8. Is it cd or dvd version?
PC DVD
9. What region or country is the original disc from?
United Kingdom
10. What cpu are you running?
Intel QX6600 2.4 GHZ Quad Core
11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?
Liteon DVD-RW DL
12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.
Avira antivirus Personal (the free edition)
13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
i was using gamejackal to create a profile for C&C tiberium wars, upon inserting the cd for it to be captured the "this application is not compatible with the installed operating system" is displayed, Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better. i am unable to open tiberium wars from within gamejackal, though everything works fine if i use the original .exe

i reverted back to Gamejackal version 3.0.1.6a, the problem remedied itself when i changed the protection mode to automatic, the problem i faced could be due to the instability of the new beta, long story short, anyone who has experienced this problem know that this worked out for me.

i reverted back to Gamejackal version 3.0.1.6a, the problem remedied itself when i changed the protection mode to automatic, the problem i faced could be due to the instability of the new beta, long story short, anyone who has experienced this problem know that this worked out for me.

Unless you provide summary log files, resolving that issue is going to be difficult in later releases.

please find the summary.txt attached to this post. hope this helps.

it didn't upload, it says the summary file is 45kb over the forum's upload limits. i've compressed it in an attachment in this post

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 2
it didn't upload, it says the summary file is 45kb over the forum's upload limits. i've compressed it in an attachment in this post

Yeah, in step 14j from the link I mention that the .txt file may need to be zipped. In a lot of cases it has to be, actually, for these forums.

I meant that you should provide the summary log file with 3.1.0.4 when Game Jackal was failing for you. That information may help matthew.

Last edited:
ok, so i reinstalled the beta version of gamejackal, attached you will find the compressed version of the summary .txt. interestingly enough, tiberium wars which worked fine in version 3.0.1.6, stops working in the beta.

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    1 KB · Views: 2
really hope this gets fixed as Tiberium wars has been sitting on my shelf for the past year and only now have i decided to get up and play it.

Well... i'm at a loss. I have no idea why this message would appear. The fact that is worked in 3.0.1.6 is even more confusing, as i'm not aware of any changes with the launching code of GJ. Can you tey the following.

1) Edit the profile and uncheck "Auto start".
2) Start the profile (you'll note the game no longer starts).
3) Start the game for the Windows start menu.

Let me know if this works.

i don't think i mentioned this before, but, the message outlined in this post occurs when i'm attempting to make a profile for tiberium wars. this eventually proves unsuccessful for a number of reasons (one of which is a splash message that describes the game detecting an emulation software).

i tried the method which you described in your last post and it allowed me access to the game, though once i exited, gamejackal was either unable to analyze the data (it was going through a repeating loop which meant i had to close the program using task manager).

through some research i found that C&C 3 uses securom as it's protection, using the performance wizard doesn't help either. i seriously hope i'm the only one experiencing this problem.

i would like to but whenever i use protection ID the program hangs even though it says the scan completes. this makes me think there's something wrong with the installation. i will uninstall and try from scratch, then i'll get back to you with the result.

hi, i uninstalled Tiberium Wars and reinstalled it only to find it had no effect whatsoever on the gamejackal's inability to profile it. attached i have screenshots of the warning and of protection ID's unsuccessful detection of the protection software used on the game.

protection ID gives me no indication of what protection is used when make it scan the game's .exe as well as the DVD used to play. am i missing anything?

Attachments

• Unknown DVD.jpg
    Unknown DVD.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 6
  • WINDOWSos.jpg
    WINDOWSos.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 5
even stranger, i reverted back to version 3.0.1.6a, the verison which i previously said worked with tiberium wars, no longer does. this is with C&C tiberium wars v1.09 (the latest version).

good news, after this long ordeal, i discovered that a full reinstall of gamejackal fixed the problem (i saved my profile library), i guess some of the program files for gamejackal were some how corrupted.

i am now working off the beta and am now profiling C&C 3 tiberium wars as i write this, i can only hope that it works after the compilation is completed.

Yes... that is the oddest message I think I have seen to date. Maybe a corrupted GJ file or something???

Anyways glad you go it sorted :clap:

note: the protection id you used is 5.2c which is VERY old, you're best using the 6.0 beta, which has a considerably better sector scan... also, if you find nothing on a sector scan you're advised to do a scan of the folder you installed the game into, then you'll see what protection is used...

Back