• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Confused

Quake Kangaroo

I bought AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD to back up my Blu Ray discs. I have 27 discs I want to back up and 30 Blu-Ray blanks I got at a discount.

I was under the impression that I could do this because AnyDVD said it supports Blu Ray, and AnyDVD and CloneDVD are recommended to be used together and are sold from the same source.

But I cannot figure out how to get CloneDVD to make a backup. It works great for DVD, but I'm not getting anywhere with Blu Ray.

Help!!

I bought AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD to back up my Blu Ray discs. I have 27 discs I want to back up and 30 Blu-Ray blanks I got at a discount.

I was under the impression that I could do this because AnyDVD said it supports Blu Ray, and AnyDVD and CloneDVD are recommended to be used together and are sold from the same source.

But I cannot figure out how to get CloneDVD to make a backup. It works great for DVD, but I'm not getting anywhere with Blu Ray.

Help!!

CloneDVD is recommended for backing up SD DVDs used in conjunction with AnyDVD. CloneDVD does not support HD or BD discs. It has never been advertised as doing so.

AnyDVD HD rips a BD as it should. You can either use a program like CloneCD to rip to an ISO directly or you can rip the BD using the built-in AnyDVD ripper and then create an image from the output using something like ImgBurn.

Last edited:

Help!!

Keep me posted on your struggles as I am on a cheap RE media hunt and plan to start playing with this possibilty soon as I think I may have what I need/not!

Also check this thread at freaks!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/backup-your-blu-ray-movies-guide-backupbluray-208395/

backing up Blu-ray is easy, You can just make a disc to disc copy in Imgburn with AnyDVD HD running in the background as long as your target media is big enough to take it 25GB or 50GB. If it's not then you can try 'shrinking' the movie by making a 'Movie only' Blu-ray and remove all extra's menu's and unwanted subtitle and audio tracks using TSMuxer (this has been gone over so many times on here I'm not gonna go into it)

backing up Blu-ray is easy, You can just make a disc to disc copy in Imgburn with AnyDVD HD running in the background as long as your target media is big enough to take it 25GB or 50GB. If it's not then you can try 'shrinking' the movie by making a 'Movie only' Blu-ray and remove all extra's menu's and unwanted subtitle and audio tracks using TSMuxer (this has been gone over so many times on here I'm not gonna go into it)

OK, I will give it a try! I just did not think it was that simple.

Thanks man,:bowdown::bowdown:

I see/// more software to buy =$28/not= wrong site/sorry. What else do I need to buy for software?//ok was at a redirected site sorry.

Last edited:
if you have Anydvd HD then that will decrypt the the disc for you, then you just use Imgburn (free) to burn the structure back to disc, and if you need to 'shrink' it down by removing extras, menu's etc then you use TSMuxer (free). So the only part you need to pay for is AnyDVD HD. I'd recommend getting some BD-Re's to play around with before committing to BD-r's

if you have Anydvd HD then that will decrypt the the disc for you, then you just use Imgburn (free) to burn the structure back to disc, and if you need to 'shrink' it down by removing extras, menu's etc then you use TSMuxer (free). So the only part you need to pay for is AnyDVD HD. I'd recommend getting some BD-Re's to play around with before committing to BD-r's
Thanks/ I was redirected to the wrong site ARGH!:bang::bang::bang:

RE and IMGBURN today.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Last edited:
ETP, I updated the thread over at CDFreaks with the instructions needed. Although it's not very hard, there are some things to think about when doing a movie only copy. Keeping the certificate dir is critical as some players refuse to play it without that directory. Straight ISO copies are easy, as adbear said. Anyway, I've added a post with all the latest methods we use here.

ETP, I updated the thread over at CDFreaks with the instructions needed. Although it's not very hard, there are some things to think about when doing a movie only copy. Keeping the certificate dir is critical as some players refuse to play it without that directory. Straight ISO copies are easy, as adbear said. Anyway, I've added a post with all the latest methods we use here.
Many thanks everyone! I have been a little busy and out of this stuff for a bit.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::D

After you said that SamuriHL, i thought about my own movie-only backups. I went back and checked a few after mounting them and happy to say that as far as i can tell from exploring the ISOs, that TsMuxeR does create a compliant Blu Ray structure so you should just be able to use ImageBurn to burn the movie only image directly to disk without having to create any other folders so it can play on disk.

Although i don't have a Blu Ray burner, so can't say definitely if it works.

The Certificate folder is not necessary when making a 'Movie only' disc as it has nothing in it. It's only needed if PowerDVD 8 doesn't recognise the structure properly. Stand alone players only need it if it's referenced by the main disc, which when you make it into a Movie only disc doesn't need it any more.

Adbear, while that's likely true, you do realize how many people we've helped that couldn't play their backups in PowerDVD 8 because of that issue, right? :) I'm trying to head off trouble before it starts. And since it's empty, it won't be taking up any space. Having it there obviously won't hurt anything. Not having it there may not, either, but, there's more of a chance of something going wrong without it than with it. :)

And yes, TSMuxer does produce that directory. But a lot of times I've seen people not add it because it's empty and they figure they don't need it. They only add the BDMV folder which contains "stuff". Then they come back to me and say my method is broken because it doesn't work for them.

You guys have to remember I'm trying to work with even the newest of newbies here when I write these guides. Sometimes that forces us to choose an option that those with experience may not choose. ;) I don't know if they're going to be playing their backups on a stand alone or their HTPC using PowerDVD 8. I need to make sure both are covered. That's all.

Back