• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anti Virus software

bobe

Hi
After some great advise from the forum I am moving to Clone DVD with my Any DVD. My question is can I leave my AVG anti-virus software running in the back ground while burning a disc. Thank you all.

Hi
After some great advise from the forum I am moving to Clone DVD with my Any DVD. My question is can I leave my AVG anti-virus software running in the back ground while burning a disc. Thank you all.

Yes, you can.

I have never had or heard of any issues with any AV or firewall software. I would say it is O.K to leave on.

bobe

I have AVG running in the background during ripping/burning with no issues what so ever:agree:

I have Symantec AV, and Zonealarm Pro running in the background with no issues or slowdowns at all burning any movies.

Zone Alarm Internet Security suite 7 doesn't complain at all either ...

I have EZ Antivirus running in the background without any issues.

I have Norton Internet Security, Spy Sweeper and System Mechanic 7 running and dont have any issues.

Hi

Only if your burner supports burnproof

Last edited:
Yeah and if your burning A virus to a disk lol... Fly By Knight my master piece...

No issues but I add the DVD file extensions (e.g., VOB) to my AV exception list. I'm willing to loosen security a bit for performance...

Should not be a problem.

I am running Norton Internet Security on a 2.8GHZ Pentium D machine with 1.5GB RAM and never have had a problem duplicating my DVDs with AnyDVD / CloneDVD. I always suggest to folks that lots of memory covers a host of other shortcomings; as in, one can never have too much memory. :)

No rules without a few exceptions.

as in, one can never have too much memory. :)

Small comment on that:

There are different limits to the amount of physical memory you can have if you are running on a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating system.

Since most of us are running a 32-bit operating system:
The absolute physical limitation of a 32-bit machine is 4 GB (2*32-1 = 4 GB), which should be shared by your physical devices and applications. So in XP 32-bit your total memory is shown as 3 GB total.

Back