• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The best DVD Burner in the market IMHO

O

odd_function

Has anyone run into burn errors on BenQ DVD Burner drives?
20/20 discs burned with no trouble...no burn error yet...so BenQ are some damngood burners, better then SONY in my opinion :)

The first DVDRW I purchased was a BenQ and it was a piece of junk. I don't know who made them then or who makes them now so perhaps they have improved their quality. I stay with Lite-On.
Anything is better than Sony. :D

...and there was I thinking that many of the Sony drives were simply re-badged LiteOn units ...

...and there was I thinking that many of the Sony drives were simply re-badged LiteOn units ...

.... and so are the newer BenQs

Lite-On merged BenQ

His Sony have may also been a re-badged Samsung ( depends on Model# )

My BenQ 1655 was an excellent burner - In it's time .... maybe still
The Newer BenQ offerings don't seem to be as promising

I'll be sticking to my Samsung ( reader ) > LG ( burner ) Combo ...

;)

Last edited:
Best Burner?

I vote for LG Drives. I have 2 burners that each have over 1000 read/writes without issue. They still work like new ones. Never even a hiccup on either.:rock:

omg i got 2 LG burners. the first was total crap, didn't even work with nero or winoncd (somebody remembers this? :D), and produced many, many junk blanks. the second is a little better, works with nero and everything but is still very picky with blanks. imho matshita drives are the best though they are only laptop drives. never had a junk blank with the one in my laptop, it's even much better than my current LG drive...

ps LG drives don't even support the full functionallity of optical drives: no reading speed control.

imho matshita drives are the best though they are only laptop drives.

Matshita (Panasonic oem) burners should really be avoided. They are cheap junk (which is probably why some laptop companies love these drives), die easily, and also suffer from region coding issues. Click this

I vote for LG Drives. I have 2 burners that each have over 1000 read/writes without issue. They still work like new ones. Never even a hiccup on either.:rock:

I'll put my 2cents worth in here, I've got a Samsung SH-S203D :), I've had it about 6 months to replace an NEC 3530A which died :( Very pleased with the Sammy a bit noisy though. I will get an LG to fill in the hole where the NEC was. Then I'll have the best of both. :)

For what it is worth, I have two Pioneer drives that have 500 + burns or reads, depending on which drive I choose...and never a bad burn or read yet. I have a Pioneer 215D, and a Pioneer 115D installed. I am happy. :rock:

Back