• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Too Frequent Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Love all the upgrades

I just wanted to say that I love all the updates and upgrades that you put out. That is one reason why I have chosen to stick with this software. It also shows that you care about your customers. Thank you and keep them comin.

I must say that I'm puzzled by the vociferous nature of the responses of some people to this. I find the frequency of updates annoying, and I've been using Slysoft software, and before that Elby's CloneCD, for five years or so now, and I've paid for all of it - including having to re-purchase CloneCD over again fromSlysoft. Just because I find the frequency of updates to be more than I need, I object to suggestions that I must be a pirate.

However, unlike those people, I'm prepared to consider other people's POVs, and I can understand the value of the frequency of updates to them. What I would suggest (and I've noticed that Slysoft _are_ working on automatic updates - not that those will be much use to me unless they can run in non-administrative accounts) is that Slysoft a) grade the importance of their updates, say, on a scale of 1 to 5, and b) let people set the level of notification according to this. This would seem to me to be a pretty reasonable solution, not difficult to implement, and should work for those who want every update they can get, and those who don't want them so frequently.

Quite honestly, although I find AnyDVD extremely useful, I find myself asked to update more frequently than I have a need to copy DVDs, and just for the region defeating capability, I could use DVD Region Killer quite happily - and do on other machines - although I must admit that, living in Europe, the region defeating capability, whatever software provides it, is absolutely essential.

I can't understand all of the moaning...you don't have to update just because you are prompted to. I only ever update when I run into a problem that requires an update. If Slysoft rarely offered updates all of you paying subscribers would be shouting that "they don't care about their customers, what a ripoff!" And then everyone who was having problems with Saw 3 and all of the other problems movies in the past would be left out in the cold, looking for another way to make your backups. The updates are essential to keep these programs working the way that they are supposed to.

My two cents.

Hi.

Although AnyDVD has to be most updated app on my PC I've got no problem with the frequency of the updates. For me, seconds to download and install, 30 secs to reboot and back to business.

This has got to be the first time I've ever heard ppl complaining about a product being kept up-to-date. Usually the complaints are to how infrequently products are updated.

Guess you can't please everyone!

With movies being released each Tuesday, I am sure they could only post updates once a week, but why?

What does it hurt to have them offer updates more often?

Just because they offer the updates, that does not mean you have to take time out of your busy day to download the program and install it.

Let's face it, some people just don't have the 45 seconds to do so.

We understand.

If some SlySoft AnyDVD users don’t like the frequent releases of update improvements to the AnyDVD software program these individuals can chose not to install these releases. No one is forcing anyone to use the update improvements releases.

If these individuals would bother to take a close review the Change Logs of these releases they would see that SlySoft isn’t just Willy Nilly releasing update improvements to the AnyDVD software program. There are valid well-documented reasons for these update improvements releases.

These short sighted individuals instead of complaining about the frequent update improvements releases should be taking the effort to thank the SlySoft Technical Staff for their outstanding efforts in keeping the SlySoft software products at the cutting edge of the quickly and ever changing technology.

I for one warmly welcome the update improvements releases that SlySoft provides to their customers.

SlySoft thanks for the outstanding efforts in keeping your software products at the cutting edge of technology. Please keep up with good work!

Coaster

I realize that many members/users delight in three upgrades a week, but I do not. I have many other things to do, and the excess upgrades just get in the way or get postponed because I am busy with other things. Could you please cut the number of upgrades down to no more than one per week?

For me, I love the frequent updates. Especially with the issues that we had with Saw III in the 6.1.0.7 version. The newest version solves this problem. Keep up the great work SlySoft.

....ahh, music to my ears, James. :clap: now, if we could just afford one of those new expensive HD burners. BTW, I appreciate "all the Options available" with Any Dvd. As long as there are "options", one can chose when & how to do whatever they wish with your upgrades & features. Good Job !!!:bowdown:
Burner? What for? Just get the XBOX360 HD-DVD drive and a biiiig harddisk!:D
Seriously, AnyDVD HD is a *must have* if you want to watch HD DVDs on PCs.
At least it will save a lot people buying a new monitor and a new graphic card - with AnyDVD HD no HDMI/HDCP capable cards / monitors are required.

I agree with Coaster. The fact that we are given updates at such a fast rate speaks well of Any DVD. As fast as they put new security on a dvd Any DVD breaks their code. What can be wrong with that? Several people I know have "shrink" are constantly having problems recording newer dvd's.

Updates

In reading the e-mails the far majority are in favor of the updates to keep the program working. We paid good money to have such a program as AnyDVD and it would be a disservice to us all if it only worked for a short time. Better for the inconvience of having to reboot the computer than not to be able to use the program at all in a short period of time due to the studios who keep changing the rules. Why did you buy the program in the first place if you did not intend SlySoft to keep us up with current updates. There are thousands of people out there with different movies to copy so it is a necessary evil to update the program for what it does.

Burner? What for? Just get the XBOX360 HD-DVD drive and a biiiig harddisk!:D
Seriously, AnyDVD HD is a *must have* if you want to watch HD DVDs on PCs.
At least it will save a lot people buying a new monitor and a new graphic card - with AnyDVD HD no HDMI/HDCP capable cards / monitors are required.

Wow! Ok James, I'm starting to drool already... :bowdown:

Hi All,
I believe, as do others, that the frequent upgrades really do show commitment from SlySoft. It is great to see that our investment into software as useful as AnyDVD is constantly updated with new features and encryption defeating methods.

I must say that what makes upgrades "a pain" as others have referred to is that updates come in the form of a full install pack. I for one would love to see an auto update mechanism, similar to that of Window Update. Sometimes when we download the install pack to upgrade our installs we dont even have to reboot because perhaps the patch was minor. I would love to see a feature like this to update all SlySoft products, I really think it would compliment them. What do you all think?

Charlie

Hi All,
I believe, as do others, that the frequent upgrades really do show commitment from SlySoft. It is great to see that our investment into software as useful as AnyDVD is constantly updated with new features and encryption defeating methods.

I must say that what makes upgrades "a pain" as others have referred to is that updates come in the form of a full install pack. I for one would love to see an auto update mechanism, similar to that of Window Update. Sometimes when we download the install pack to upgrade our installs we dont even have to reboot because perhaps the patch was minor. I would love to see a feature like this to update all SlySoft products, I really think it would compliment them. What do you all think?

Charlie
This would be a very nice feature as you have said but implementing it is another story. When updates are needed we try to get them to you as soon as possible. We even e-mail you and have an auto announcement feature when you boot your computer to tell you of an update. With all the new protections being released we are doing the best we can to keep you informed and happy. I hope you understand. Thanks for your interest and input.:clap:

I've never seen such commitment to customers like I'm seeing with SlySoft. Good work guys and gals and keep the updates coming.

Hi SlyFox 1,

And may I say I (and most of us) really appreciate these frequent updates! I can imagine what it would take to implement such an auto update feature, perhaps this could be considered for a future major release?

Charlie

I'm glad Slysoft has this forum, great idea!

I've been an AnyDVD/CloneDVD user for awhile now and I couldn't be happier with the products. The best DVD backup program available and easiest to use IMO (and in many other people's opinions from what I can see).

I'm glad these guys keep updating on new encryption schemes to often, without that I wouldn't be able to backup the new movies I have since Sony and the production studios like to come out with new protections schemes on almost every new movie released nowadays.

Keep up the great work, couldn't ask for a better product!

Slysoft > All :bowdown:

Perhaps then if the update poster would indicate what problem the update is intended to solve, so that we users could pick and choose which updates to install more readily?

If you want to pick and choose that takes time also, as you are a very busy person why not backup your DVD collection monthly, that way you only backup once a month. ;)

I rather have too frequent of updates than barely ever having updates at all. It's not like you have to get the newest update the same day it comes out.

I don't know of even one other software vendor out there that offers as much support and as many updates for its registered users. Their updates are quick and easy to install and, while not having to re-boot every time might be nice, I think it's a VERY MINOR inconvenience to have to do so. Especially, when we consider how great their software is and the amount of effort that must go into getting the updates posted as quickly as they do. Keep up the great work!

upgrades

if you dont want to install upgrades as they come out just ignore them until you need to use any dvd then load the latest version and it will include all the updates that you failed to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back