• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VOB passthrough + de-interlace?

stallen

I have a bunch of music video DVDs (interlaced). I'd like to compile a library of all of these. My plan is to do VOB passthrough. Use "extension renamer" to batch rename the extension name to ".mpg" so I can take them into "tag and rename" and properly tag them (with album art included). They should play nicely with WMP, VLC, and Winamp. I want to retain the 704x480 aspect and full sound quality. Storage space is not an issue. I want to retain as much quality as possible however, I want it to be de-interlaced.

Is it possible to use the VOB passthrough option only ADD de-interlace as well? Can the devices.ini be tweaked to do that. Or, is there a better option to achieve my goal?

Thanks!

Passthrough does not modify video or audio. Therefore deinterlacing is not possible.

You have to create a new profile.

OK, thanks. That's what I figured. Anyone have the "knowhow"? The profiles in the devices.ini look like they are probably fairly simple to come up with if you know what you are doing. However, I don't. Can someone help me out?

Back