• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD doesn't work on Arccos protected DVDs

Cakemaster

Hi
I am using AnyDVD to backup my DVDs.
But each time I wanna backup an Arccos-protected DVD, it don't works.I've got enabled all remove-options and i am using the lastest stable bersion of anydvd.
so when i put a dvd in my drives, which is protected with the arccos protection, anydvd scans the disc and after few seconds it is finished and says that everything is removed. And that some bad sectors are found and removed (this are the bad sectors from the arccos protection).
BUT when i open the first VOB (in most cases: VTS_01.vob), it is soundless.
there's no audio track to choose... all other VOBs are working perfectly...
all movies i rip are backed up in avi format.. (encoded with xvid)...
so i tried ripping the disc with dvd decrypter (while anydvd is enabled).
after that i demuxed video an daudio with dgindex.
(dgindex is splitting the vobs into a dv2 file for video encoding and into the ac3 files...)
so usually the ac3 file have a delay of 0ms sometimes the have got a delay of 30ms or something like that...
but with arccos protected dvds i've got a delay of 33569ms.
so when i encode the movie with this delay the audio is totally asynchronous.

How can this be?
AnyDVD is such an good and reliable tool and it always worked perfectly for me, but now i am disappointed.
The Arccos protection is now 3 years old and anydvd should remove it...

Here's some information about all:

My PC:
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3,6GHZ
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
4GB Special Ops Edition DDR2-800 OCZ
XFX GeForce 8800GT
500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA2
Plextor-PX130A DVD-ROM
Plextor-PX716A DVD-Burner
(also tried: Samsung DVD-ROM)

I am using:
AnyDVD v6.4.5.6

and the dvds i tried are:
Into the Blue
The Exorcism of Emily Rose

both dvds had the same error after unlocking with anydvd... no audiotrack on the first vob of the main movie...

What can i do to unlock Arccos protected DVDs correctly???

put the problematic dvd(s) in the dvd drive.let anydvd do it's thing (recognise the dvd).
then,in the notification area,right click the red fox>create logfile.
attatch it to your next post.

I gather you are encoding to XviD? If so, the such protections, even with AnyDVD, reallyh mess up conversions to XviD.....AnyDVD does not solve the audio sync issues with Arccos....So many messed up cells. You will need to use virtualdub to fix on your own. Non-Arccos always convert ok, but Arccos always mean some of your own fix up later when converting to XviD or DivX, even if you use AutoGK....blame the makers of Arccoss

Never play .vobs. That's not what anyone should be doing. Either select the video_ts folder for playback or the video_ts.ifo file

The Arccos protection is now 3 years old and anydvd should remove it...

It does.

1) 1. Use Anydvd 6.4.5.9: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6459.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Put an original commerical dvd in an optical drive.

4. Select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

5. Either select the video_ts folder for playback or the video_ts.ifo file for playback. Don't be selecting .vobs

Any trouble you are experiencing thereafter is a problem on your end.

Last edited:
IMO, your just doing it wrong. Listen to Webslinger.

I have not had any issues with Arrcos using AnyDVD. I have yet to find anything that AnyDVD could not unprotect. No matter the encryption, AnyDVD from my experience can crack it or whatever you want to call unprotecting. Heck, Slysoft were the first to crack B++(blu ray encryption), you know there team is good. The funny thing is, that was Sony's 2nd attempt at making their encryption better/harder.

Have to agree, either he is doing something wrong or his computer has something running that is preventing AnyDVD from functioning correctly.

Notice this forum isn't full of posts from other people having the same trouble ...

i have always be able to back up in the last 3 years arccos protected title sets
I have and LG reader and and another LG burner

Sony entertainment is always protected with arccos and i like to see anydvd fighting too xD

you are doing something wrong

the original poster is talking about backing up to XviD....AnyDVD will rip Arccos (SP?) fine, but if he uses AutoGK and others to encode there WILL be a problem with audio delay...always has been. Playing DVD is fine, but I have never been able to encode to XviD a Arccos DVD without audio delay...I think that is his issue. Easy fix in VirtualDub. Non-Arccos DVDs are fine, but the cell replacement causes problems for XviD.

the original poster is talking about backing up to XviD.

The explanation given here isn't:

"anydvd scans the disc and after few seconds it is finished and says that everything is removed. And that some bad sectors are found and removed (this are the bad sectors from the arccos protection).
there's no audio track to choose... all other VOBs are working perfectly..."

If this disc is ripped using anydvd ripper, there should not be sound issues after properly selecting the video_ts folder or the video_ts.ifo file as the source. This is before using any third party products. Again, .vobs should not be selected for playback.

Last edited:
I guess it is the OP's poor writing then...but I guess it is moot anyway as he/she has not posted again.

Back