• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with 6.4.5.6

jpmccusa

Just so you know, I've had all SORTS of problems with the latest update. I've rebooted 6 times, and done two system restores to solve the problems...I've downloaded it twice and gone back to 6.4.5.5 via system restore. My email was completely screwed up, and I couldn't access it at all through the home page of my ISP provider. Many icons were blocked from my system tray, and some startup items were also blocked. My dialup connection wouldn't stop trying to connect to the web even when the web was haltingly accessible. These problems occured twice, upon downloading and installing 6.4.5.6, and they disappeared at once and completely when I did the system restores.

As I say, just so you know...

Might have helped if you had had the decency to tell us what operating system you are running!?!

For the record, no problems at all here (XP Home SP2)

Sure --- it's

XP Home SP2, on an HP Pavillion.

Vista 33 bit

Just for the record,no problems with update on Vista Ultimate 32 bit SP1.

XP Pro SP2, no issues. Do you have automatic installs enabled, one of the last updates caused issues on my machine. i thought the same thing since i downloaded and installed this latest patch the same time it was installing the windows updates. whoda thunk that M$oft would cause a problem. as long as you downloaded it from slysoft you should have no issues.

XP Home SP3 and no problem with the update.

We really need to know more about your set up.

Auto updates is off

and I last did Miscrosoft updates on 8th July. I never do HP updates. The only other downloads I've gotten were updates to my Avast antivirus DB and to Spybot Search & Destroy DB. Again, I downloaded 6.4.5.6. twice from the Slysoft site, and both times the problems immediately occured. They immediately UNoccured when I did a system restore back to 6.4.5.5 .

how about you disable one or both of those (AVirus and Spybot) and try again. If you are having a problem just downloading then it would not be sly, do you open or save then you download?

Make sure if you don't have TeaTimer running when you update/install AnyDVD.

Here's what worked...

I deleted the Miscrosoft updates for July and things seem to be working much better now. If you don't mind me saying so, I haven't really had a satisfaction level with Microsoft of 100% over the years...

Teatimer wasn't activated/working/whatever.

Back