• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD running in background?

sonic

I cant figure out how to get anyDVD to NOT start up when i turn on my laptop.
I have Vista.
I tried going to "search" & looking at the list of things running in the background & did not see anyDVD Anywhere?
:confused:
I know its something simple i am overlooking...any ideas?

I have Vista.
I tried going to "search" & looking at the list of things running in the background & did not see anyDVD Anywhere?

It is strongly recommended that you let it start when you boot your system but if you don't want it to then why not change the setting within AnyDVD?

Look at the image below. Uncheck the box next to the setting that I highlighted with the red rectangle.

gx28yWhS.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks....done.

why would you recomend i let it start up when im not using it? it just slows down my laptop. :confused:

Thanks....done.

why would you recomend i let it start up when im not using it? it just slows down my laptop. :confused:

Well, it makes life easier than having remember to start it each time I pop in a disc. I've never experienced any slowdowns on a system when AnyDVD was running.

He might be like me.
After a basic Windows install, I'm in complete controll of all processes that run on my machine. No one gets to autostart except my printer drivers and Nvidia drivers. If I want to use something, I start it. Some of that mentality comes from gaming with older boxes that struggle with resources.

-W

Thanks....done.

If Anydvd is slowing down your laptop then either something is likely wrong with your laptop or with the software configured on it. Anydvd enabled at startup helps block junk on discs from autostarting (the Sony rootkit, for example) when dvds containing it are inserted. Anydvd blocks the sony rootkit junk from autostarting, and by having "Pc-Friendly" enabled in Anydvd it also blocks the alpha-disc protection rootkit from autostarting when a disc in inserted. Anydvd's footprint is tiny; the benefits for me far outway the small, insignificant disadvantages (and I'm aware of them; memory and cpu usage are important to PC gamers, but Anydvd barely uses resources).

You can, of course, disable autoplay via other means, but given Anydvd's tiny footprint, I really don't see any significant advantage to having it disabled (but I do concede the matter may depend a little on your system specs).

Last edited:
lol

I have Vista.

I think they overlooked the point of your message "VISTA"
HE'S RUNNING VISTA ON A LAPTOP...EVEN YOUR MOUSE SLOWS IT DOWN...LOL

I think they overlooked the point of your message "VISTA"
HE'S RUNNING VISTA ON A LAPTOP...EVEN YOUR MOUSE SLOWS IT DOWN...LOL

I know a number of people running Vista on a laptop with no problems. I didn't overlook the mention of Vista. *shrug*

:agree:

yeah, im NOT a fan of vista...it takes 2 minutes to start up the laptop & its NEW.
My old desktop takes less than half that time ..i sure miss WinXP.
Even my son hates it & he works with computers. :mad:

Are there any tutorials out there yet on how to strip craplets and BS services out of a Vista PC to "streamline" the operation??

-W

Correct if I am wrong on this but if you disable auto start but open AnyDVD before you put in the movie, isn't that the same thing? I do not have AnyDVD starting when I turn on my computer. I personally don't having any programs running on startup. It has nothing to do with any programs or problems, just like loading up as fast as possible.

Back