• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 2.9.1.9

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
Version 2.9.1.9 2008 06 12
- New: Added option to switch back to Windows filesystem for reading
from a Video DVD
- Fix: Detection of DVD-R DL discs with some DVD writer models
- Fix: NavigationPack Error 18 with some DVDs
- Some minor changes and improvements

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

error message

I got an error message on the following filename when I tried this update and aborted the installation. "c:\windows\system32\ElbyCDIO.dll"
I got something similar when I did the anyDVD update as well. Is this a problem with my machine only?
Thanks.

I got an error message on the following filename when I tried this update and aborted the installation. "c:\windows\system32\ElbyCDIO.dll"
I got something similar when I did the anyDVD update as well. Is this a problem with my machine only?
Thanks.

I didn't have any issues installing either program.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651 and follow the steps

Why the DVD clone is not able to copy blu-ray discs?

Hello,

Why the DVD clone cannot copy blu-ray/HD-DVD discs at all?
I would also expect a functionality of copying HD-DVD to a blu-ray disk.

Is this planned at all?

it wasn't designed for copying hi definition dvd's.
these hi def formats weren't even around when clonedvd was released.

i'm sure there will be a similar product released in the future that can deal with the new formats too.

i can see the future:
NEW! from Elaborate Bytes,the makers CloneDVD2.
Elaborate Bytes presents CloneHD-DVD!!

I was the one who reported that the previous version of CloneDVD2 would not write to dvd-r DL media. It keeps reporting that the media is single layer.

Fix: Detection of DVD-R DL discs with some DVD writer models

I tried the latest version 2.9.1.9 and have to report that this version is still unable to write to the dvd-r DL media. It still thinks the media is single layer.

There is nothing wrong with the media or the drive as I can use other software to write full to the same dvd-r dl media without a problem.

Input needed

I was the one who reported that the previous version of CloneDVD2 would not write to dvd-r DL media. It keeps reporting that the media is single layer.

Fix: Detection of DVD-R DL discs with some DVD writer models

I tried the latest version 2.9.1.9 and have to report that this version is still unable to write to the dvd-r DL media. It still thinks the media is single layer.

There is nothing wrong with the media or the drive as I can use other software to write full to the same dvd-r dl media without a problem.

Hi

We'd like to know the exact name and model of the DVD drive you have this trouble with. We had this scenario some months ago and it was assumed to have been resolved. What is happening (likely) is the drive is returning the wrong initial status when CloneDVD queries it.:(

Hi

We'd like to know the exact name and model of the DVD drive you have this trouble with. We had this scenario some months ago and it was assumed to have been resolved. What is happening (likely) is the drive is returning the wrong initial status when CloneDVD queries it.:(

Sorry if I am piggybacking on this but Clone will not burn DL's on the last version or this one. When it starts to write it shows that is trying to erase the disk then locks up.

I am running Win XP SP2. Burner is a Sony DRU 820a (Firmware 1b).
I have no problems burning with any other program and this burner.

For now I just create the ISO and burn it with something esle but would rather do it in one shot.

clonedvd2 will not burn on my sony dru 820a burner too. but it will burn a dvd-r media fine. all my other burners work fine using clonedvd2 dl media. i think it is a anydvd problem, because clone cd will not work with this sony burner.

clonedvd2 will not burn on my sony dru 820a burner too. but it will burn a dvd-r media fine. all my other burners work fine using clonedvd2 dl media. i think it is a anydvd problem, because clone cd will not work with this sony burner.
What model is your Sony burner, and what D/L media are you using, what speeds are you trying to burn these unknown media types at? CloneDVD2 and CloneCD will burn just fine, maybe the media codes are not in the firmware of your Sony writer.

CloneDVD and CloneCD both burn and both make use of some shared files so it is conceivable that if there is a problem that it could impact both programs.

AnyDVD has nothing to do with burning and isn't the cause of the problem.

Answer SlyFox 1's questions. :)

Hello,

I would also expect a functionality of copying HD-DVD to a blu-ray disk.

Is this planned at all?
Personally I would be much more interested in converting from HD/Bluray to normal DVD than HD to Bluray. I have one TV and one computer with HD/Bluray drives but 3 other TV's, 2 laptop, 2 desktops, and a portable player in my house with only standard DVD. Everytime I buy a movie I have to decide if I am going to want to watch it elsewhere. It would be so nice to be able to make a downsampled copy that I could use in my other devices.

it is a sony dvd dru 840a sso1. the media is matrix dvd-r dl 8x. this media has never gave me trouble, and i burn at 4x. the drive worked a few weeks ago, before a couple of software updates. the other burner is hp dvd writer 1040d eh25. this one burns the media just fine. both burners are new in april. like i said both burners worked fine with the media i use, and now the sony is the one that is giving me bad discs.

i the media is matrix dvd-r dl 8x. this media has never gave me trouble

1. All burners die over time. One of the first features to typically die is the capacity to burn DL media properly

2. Don't use -R DL. It's a useless format

3. Matrix blank media is junk blank media. If you use junk blank media you should expect problems. Use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x only.

4. Update your burner's firmware

1. All burners die over time. One of the first features to typically die is the capacity to burn DL media properly

2. Don't use -R DL. It's a useless format

3. Matrix blank media is junk blank media. If you use junk blank media you should expect problems. Use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x only.

4. Update your burner's firmware

Webslinger,

I know you were replying to gj6743 but in my case it's not really getting to the write cycle since the disk is still usable after I reboot the system. For some reason it looks like it thinks the drive has an RW disk and the message in the display is that it is trying to erase the disk before writing to it and that is where it locks up not just the program but everything and a hard power down is the only way to get out of it which I don't like having to do.

This drive is not that old and I have always used Verbatim +R DL's 8x for my DL burns (and Verbatim Digital movie 4.7 for all others) and so far they have been made in Singapore. But unless all my other compters have bad drives in them the problem is in the software since I have the same problem in each and all have different drives. Two drives are only a few months old. One is a LG Gh20LS10 and a Pioneer DVR 213LS. Both are also SATA drives. Then I also have a Sony 730. With all getting the same error message I kinda doubt its the drives that are the problem. Also this seemed to have been a problem before according to an earlier post.

I can get around it by creating the image with Clone and just burn the image with something else. I would like not to have to do that all the time though.
Hopefully they will find an answer just wish it was sooner rather then later.

Webslinger,

I know you were replying to gj6743 but in my case it's not really getting to the write cycle since the disk is still usable after I reboot the system. For some reason it looks like it thinks the drive has an RW disk and the message in the display is that it is trying to erase the disk before writing to it and that is where it locks up not just the program but everything and a hard power down is the only way to get out of it which I don't like having to do.

This drive is not that old and I have always used Verbatim +R DL's 8x for my DL burns (and Verbatim Digital movie 4.7 for all others) and so far they have been made in Singapore. But unless all my other compters have bad drives in them the problem is in the software since I have the same problem in each and all have different drives. Two drives are only a few months old. One is a LG Gh20LS10 and a Pioneer DVR 213LS. Both are also SATA drives. Then I also have a Sony 730. With all getting the same error message I kinda doubt its the drives that are the problem. Also this seemed to have been a problem before according to an earlier post.

I can get around it by creating the image with Clone and just burn the image with something else. I would like not to have to do that all the time though.
Hopefully they will find an answer just wish it was sooner rather then later.

gj6743's situation doesn't apply to yours. The cause may be completely unrelated.

1)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put anoriginal movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

2) Ensure you're using the latest nvidia chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Last edited:
Folks, if you're going to report problems, post anydvd log .zip files.

CloneDVD question

I saw an entry from last year in the forum that stated that the LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray Writer was not supported by CloneDVD. I now have version 2.9.1.9. Does this version support my Blu-Ray Writer, or if not, does anyone know when it will be supported?

Thanks,
Joseph

Back