• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray playback is stuttering

rancher

I've created an ISO and mounted it (imgburn & daemon), I can view the movie now but the problem is that it plays in slow motion in places and it is jumpy and freezes in other places. It is not playing smoothly from either WinDVD, powerDVD 7 or Windows MC. If I use the bluray drive the original play fine My spec is:-

AMD PhenomTM X4 9500 Quad-Core Processor, 3 GB DDR 2 RAM, NVIDIA® GeForce® 9500 GT 256 MB graphics, Windows Vista® Home Premium incl. SP1, 500 GB S-ATA hard drive (8 MB Cache 7200 rpm ).

Normal DVD's (non bluray) are ok from HDD, although I am not playing them from an ISO file.

I have plenty of memory and the only things working are Anydvd, Deamon and the usual antivirus software. I have nothng else installed. The machine is vritual as new.

Any help will be appreciated. :bowdown:

Thanks in advance

Which movie were you using and also have you upgraded to the latest version of PDVD7 Ultra?

Hi - the movie is Apocolyto, I have now managed to get it to run on powerdvd7 and windows media centre but not windvd9. Also, both pdvd7 and WMC seem to only pass through stereo sound via hdmi even though the track is in 5.1. Normal dvd's work fine.

I have also tried Virtual clone drive but it does not seem to work with vista home premium. I do not get the "mount file" option when I right click on the icon.

Now I'm really confused.
Any advice would be apreciatted. :bang:

Thanks

What version of Daemon-Tools are you using? In order to use VCD, you simply double-click the ISO, which VCD will then mount for you. The interface is completely different than DT.

What version of Daemon-Tools are you using? In order to use VCD, you simply double-click the ISO, which VCD will then mount for you. The interface is completely different than DT.

Where do you get VCD? I'd like to try it.

Also, which database software are you using?

Last edited:
Where do you get VCD? I'd like to try it.

Also, which database software are you using?

roog, you seriously don't know where to download Virtual CloneDrive?? :D I bet if you think hard enough, you can figure it out. ;)

roog, you seriously don't know where to download Virtual CloneDrive?? :D I bet if you think hard enough, you can figure it out. ;)

You got me! Massive BF. I did a search and thought it was a mySQL program. Still waiting for Vista 64 VCD so I haven't been using it.

Last edited:
You got me? Massive BF. I did a search and thought it was a mySQL program. Still waiting 64-bit VCD so I haven't been using it.

64 bit should be out soon according to James and crew. But yea, I was a bit confused when I saw you post where to get VCD. :D No biggie. :)

I was a bit confused when I saw you post where to get VCD.)

The software I found is called VCD-DB, and by coincidence it's used for managing media libraries including movies.

The software I found is called VCD-DB, and by coincidence it's used for managing media libraries including movies.

Neat. Never heard of it before. I try to keep my system simple...ISOs, VCD, and PowerDVD. Don't need anything more than that.

I also have issues with stuttering playback. I follow the guides, and I seem to get this constantly. I think it's either an issue with PowerDVD or Daemon Tools.

When I runt he bad disc guide, everything works flawlessly, however when I go back to rip the movie only, I get stutering playback once it's all said and done.

Has anyone had issues with this in the past that has found a fix that works?

Should I downgrade to PowerDVD7? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

The issue can also be caused by significant disk fragmentation. I have a server upstairs that I stream BD/HD-DVD ISO's and WMV's to my HTPC downstairs. I had it working flawlessly, until my RAID5 disk became seriously fragmented. Defraggler is a free tool that you can use to defrag your disks. It doesn't support automatic defrag nor symlinked disks. But, it does work quite nicely. Of course, you could spend the money on Diskeeper, which is the best on the market, but also the most expensive.

Also nice to know

The issue can also be caused by significant disk fragmentation. I have a server upstairs that I stream BD/HD-DVD ISO's and WMV's to my HTPC downstairs. I had it working flawlessly, until my RAID5 disk became seriously fragmented. Defraggler is a free tool that you can use to defrag your disks. It doesn't support automatic defrag nor symlinked disks. But, it does work quite nicely. Of course, you could spend the money on Diskeeper, which is the best on the market, but also the most expensive.

That's good info. Especially with such large chunks of data this frag thing can be a big factor. I think Diskeeper was offering Version 7 for free but the newest one has a 30 day free trial

http://www.brothersoft.com/diskeeper-download-20767.html

http://consumer.diskeeper.com/downloads/Downloads.aspx?RId=1&SId=1&CId=1&Aeid=0&Apid=0

Last edited:
Absolutely. If you figure that most VC-1 or H.264/AVC encoded movies have video bit streams in excess of 30Mbps (which is variable BTW,) fragmentation can play a huge part in playback stuttering. I would *not* recommend one installing to competing defrag utilities. They all employ different algorithms, and do not move data in the same way. Test out one and see how it performs. Personally, I like either Diskeeper or Defraggler. Defraggler is free, and is still in beta. IF you want a great defag tool, and are willing to spend the money, buy Diskeeper.

I'll vouch for Diskeeper. It's what I use and have never had a problem. I do NOT let it do "smart" defragging, however. I set it to defrag late at night when I'm not likely to be using the machine.

I'm using Daemon 4.11.2. I find that with VCD, I can easily choose "open with" to get the ISO mounted, whereas Daemon will not. However, when I double click an ISO, all it does is give me "error in command line" and opens Daemon.

I'm using Daemon 4.11.2. I find that with VCD, I can easily choose "open with" to get the ISO mounted, whereas Daemon will not. However, when I double click an ISO, all it does is give me "error in command line" and opens Daemon.

Yes, you unfortunately can't just double-click on the ISO to mount it with Daemon Tools directly. I use awxDTools which lets me select the MDS file associated with an ISO, right-click, and mount an ISO with Daemon Tools via the Windows Explorer context menu.

Absolutely. If you figure that most VC-1 or H.264/AVC encoded movies have video bit streams in excess of 30Mbps (which is variable BTW,) fragmentation can play a huge part in playback stuttering. I would *not* recommend one installing to competing defrag utilities. They all employ different algorithms, and do not move data in the same way. Test out one and see how it performs. Personally, I like either Diskeeper or Defraggler. Defraggler is free, and is still in beta. IF you want a great defag tool, and are willing to spend the money, buy Diskeeper.

It is still stuttering after I defragged the hard drive, and updated my drivers. Could this be an issue with daemon tools?

Back