• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HDCP still in effect

It is in his AnyDVD log:

PowerDVD Ver: 7.3.3730a.0

He claims he updated since then. But maybe that's the highest update for the OEM version of Powerdvd 7 Ultra? I can't remember.

I updated everything i can think of video drivers, audio drivers, power dvd, still no go, just cant' figur out why it is not working. thanks for all your help thouse guys if anyone can think of anything else to do let me know, for the UDF 2.5 were can i get a link to install that at google it but can 't seem to find a download for it

Hello guys first time poster here. I can't telll you all how much i like any dvd I was just introduced to it this month and been getting rid of my dvds via cold storage. But the main reason I got the program is the reason i am posting this thread. I bought this program because I knew I would be upgrading to a LG gcc-h20l dvd/burner drive and that my monitor wasn't HDCP compliant. I was sold on any dvd hd when i found out that you can have NON hdcp monitor and i have a Dell 2405fpw monitor. I bought and install it, but when i poped my first Blu ray disc in, HP order of phoenix to watch... NOthing happen, in fact my drive started to display as a reg cd rom drive then. Any help would be nice, running windows XP pro SP2, LG GCC-h20L, 4gig ram, trying to use power dvd ultra soft that came with drive.

Recap. The HDCP bypass feature of AnyDVD-HD not working
Just upgraded to AnyDVD HD and checked all the boxes in the program and it worked fine. I have the same monitor and even bought a new video card before I realized it was the stupid monitor. I think we need a 28" new monitor for fathers day. LOL

Also I updated my 7.3 with the latest download for 7.3.
Also had to reboot!

Last edited:
Just upgraded to AnyDVD HD and checked all the boxes in the program and it worked fine. I have the same monitor and even bought a new video card before I realized it was the stupid monitor. I think we need a 28" new monitor for fathers day. LOL

So the 2405fpw might not work with any dvd-hd, it is supose according to the sells pitch they are giving for ithttp://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html I hope that isnt' the case because the only reason i got it was because it said it could do the what is mention in the sales pitch about working even if NON HDCP card or monitor

So the 2405fpw might not work with any dvd-hd, it is supose according to the sells pitch they are giving for ithttp://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html I hope that isnt' the case because the only reason i got it was because it said it could do the what is mention in the sales pitch about working even if NON HDCP card or monitor
Mine did not work at first until I checked all the boxes for Blue Ray in the ANY DVD menu. Just the top ones and the one bottom box with auto fill in.
I was pissed at first but after reset and reboot it all worked.

BTW the HANNSPREE 28.5 at BB is awesome

Mine did not work at first until I checked all the boxes for Blue Ray in the ANY DVD menu. Just the top ones and the one bottom box with auto fill in.
I was pissed at first but after reset and reboot it all worked.

thanks for the info ETP unfortinatily didnt work have everything checked. and still no go

All I have is the cheap OEM power DVD 7.0 DX power DVD disk with the auto upgrade online. XP 32 home SP3. New stinking video card I did not need. ATI 3650 1GB all on the 9200 box//

The software came with an auto checker for your hardware. Let me find the link.

Stupid question, did you update your FW for your drive?

As we have said to you MULTIPLE times now, this is NOT an AnyDVD problem. As I showed you in my previous post, AnyDVD *has removed the requirement for HDCP*. IOW, it did its job. Something else on your system is screwed up. It is not the fault of AnyDVD. MANY other people have no problem at all playing BD's and HD DVD's on their non-HDCP equipment.

I think this may be due to the dual graphics card set up, I've seen other people having problems with PowerDVD and 2 graphics cards. As a test you could try removing one of the graphics cards out of your system and see if you still get the same message

That's a very good suggestion. PowerDVD does not play well with dual monitor configurations, so, it's possible it doesn't like the dual graphics cards. I think that would be a good test. (And yes, you're not alone if you absolutely HATE this ridiculous limitation of PowerDVD)

My advice:

As Samuri has said, AnyDVD is doing its job. Something else is messed up. Shut off AnyDVD and see if you can get PowerDVD to start playing. I would also start by removing one of your video cards. As soon as your non-HDCP monitor is the only thing standing in the way, PowerDVD will play for a few seconds, then complain because it is unable to initialize HDCP. Once you can get this far, turn AnyDVD HD back on again, and it should work fine.

I feel your pain. HD playback is not always easy to get working, thanks to all the silly limitations and restrictions they came up with.

Must have missed he had dual video cards.:confused:

I could not a FW for your drive anywhere at my usual hunting grounds

how about not trying your "hunting grounds" and how about using the lg web site instead? though i only found it on the german page but with english description it is there...

Attachments

• GGC-H20L_1.02(EW).zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
or you could just use the utility that normally come with the LG drives that checks online for a newer firmware

use vista

hi,
had nearly the same problem. purchased a LG-GGC-h20L drive, tried to play an hd-dvd with powerdvd 7.3 installed under windows xp, and got a black screen.powerdvd closed. tried with anydvd running. same problem.next i tried under windows vista, same version of powerdvd, and it worked perfectly. without anydvd installed. my TFT (Acer AL2216W) is NOT hdcp compliant, but it worked. dont know why, but i think this hdcp thing will first take effect in 2010.
or maybe that works only with hd-dvd´s, not blu-ray`s? doesnt matter, try it under windows vista, helped me out! hope i could help you...

hm, just checked my equipment with the cyberlink hd-advisor. it tells me, my monitor is hdcp compliant. acer support told me its definetly not compliant.not bad...so forget about this 2010 thing.

Last edited:
how about not trying your "hunting grounds" and how about using the lg web site instead? though i only found it on the german page but with english description it is there...

nice find Tox!

Back