• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Useless

I can only echo the same comment posted by the majority of Members who have posted in this thread. The AnyDVD-CloneDVD software combination works as advertised. As being a user of AnyDVD since its first released over 4 years ago I can attest that AnyDVD works. Either flexibilis problem is user error or a software conflict error problem.

Coaster

Hi and Welcome to the forum everyone, I am here to answer all of your question so please lets take one thing at a time and we will solve them all, thanks.

I have to echo "Coaster's comments....
The combination of (the latest versions) AnyDVD-CloneDVD software combination works very well and as promised.
Over the past several years I've tried several packages including DVDShrink, 1Click DVD Copy, DVDFab as well as MacThe Ripper and DVD2One (the latter two being for Mac OS X).
I'll stick with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2; the best overall track record and best perfomance.

I too have never ever had a problem with shink and any dvd but sometimes you might have to uninstall shrink and then re-install it it will fix mysterious problems sometimes also do you have enough system memory or something else not pulling all memory down

Having used Any DVD and Clone DVD along with Clone CDfor the past three years I can say it has worked 100% of the time..

Anydvd is simply the best

Its disturbing to read a post where someone says that anydvd is useless,as anyone with any knowledge who uses it,knows its the best program for what it does,period. It was equally annoying to hear all the folks who were dissing anydvd when it took them a couple of days to release the full update, which they were obviously waiting to get it as near perfect as it could be.
My hat goes off to all the folks at Slysoft for such a great product!

I've had a couple of problems in the past with AnyDVD, but I, unlike most people, will readily admit they were due to "cockpit errors". :D :D :D

I must say that I find AnyDVD completely useless. There was only 1 DVD that I could copy with AnyDVD, which Shrink DVD had problems with. This was the reason I bought AnyDVD. But since then, there was NOTa single DVD that AnyDVD could handle which also Shrink DVD wasn't able to.
Usually a read error is reported at approx. 30%, and when clicking Yes to ignore read errors, it's always the end of the story: the transfer rate drops to 0.0 and that's it. However, the original DVDs play perfectly fine in both the PC and a standalone player. And AnyDVD reports no problems whatsoever, when browsing the DVD at the beginning.
So I'd find these frequent updates nice, if they were of any help, but they proved to be just annoying to me.
Any comment?
:mad:
i have never encountered a dvd i couldn't rip with anydvd installed. Been using it for a while , must be a problem with pc or your download

Pebkec

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

:agree:

AnyDVD 100 Percent Success!!

I am using AnyDVD with 1ClickDVD and have had no problems whatsoever.

I must say that I find AnyDVD completely useless. There was only 1 DVD that I could copy with AnyDVD, which Shrink DVD had problems with. This was the reason I bought AnyDVD. But since then, there was NOTa single DVD that AnyDVD could handle which also Shrink DVD wasn't able to.
Usually a read error is reported at approx. 30%, and when clicking Yes to ignore read errors, it's always the end of the story: the transfer rate drops to 0.0 and that's it. However, the original DVDs play perfectly fine in both the PC and a standalone player. And AnyDVD reports no problems whatsoever, when browsing the DVD at the beginning.
So I'd find these frequent updates nice, if they were of any help, but they proved to be just annoying to me.
Any comment?
:mad:

AnyDVD should not be used as the ripper. It should be left on in the background to do it job, killing the copy protection. With AnyDVD on you can copy with DVD Shrink, Nero, CloneDVD2, or anything else that works.

Thank you all for your comments. Well, I was suspecting that something is wrong with my environment because there is so much praise about AnyDVD. But I wanted to stir up an uproar to see whether my suspicion was correct.

The issue is, though, that I usually don't have any problems ripping with Shrink DVD, but when I do, AnyDVD throws the towel as well. But the original DVD plays perfectly well, so it's not a problem of bad media and neither of the DVD burner!
My environment is:
- Windows XP Pro
- 2 GB memory
- 80 GB free disk space
- PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701

So what can be the cause of the problem?

Response to AnyDVD

I'm really surprised that you are having so much trouble. I have only had Clone DVD and Any DVD for a couple of months and have never had a problem. I've recommended it to several of friends and they also have had no problems. I agree with several of the posts that maybe you need to update your hardware!

Thank you all for your comments. Well, I was suspecting that something is wrong with my environment because there is so much praise about AnyDVD. But I wanted to stir up an uproar to see whether my suspicion was correct.

The issue is, though, that I usually don't have any problems ripping with Shrink DVD, but when I do, AnyDVD throws the towel as well. But the original DVD plays perfectly well, so it's not a problem of bad media and neither of the DVD burner!
My environment is:
- Windows XP Pro
- 2 GB memory
- 80 GB free disk space
- PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701

So what can be the cause of the problem?
I already answered you: Check AnyDVD safe mode setting. Check IDE drivers.

I must also add to the praises of the Slysoft products....I have used them for quite some time...both AnyDVD and CLONEDVD... and have only encountered a few problems, which I attribute to bad media. I don't mean to be presumptious, but you DO understand that when one says BAD MEDIA, they are referring to the media that you use to copy your movie to...not the original media that the movie is recorded on? I, too think it might be a problem related to your computer. I hope you are able to solve it soon...there is no joy like popping a movie in the drive, cranking up CLONEDVD, with AnyDVD in the background and doing other things till your movie is read and then putting in your own media and pulling out a perfect copy when the programs are all finished! I simply cannot praise the Slysoft company enough!!!:agree:

I like many here have rarely had a problem with AnyDvd, and when there are problems they are quickly resolved by SlySoft......best investment ever.
But the original DVD plays perfectly well, so it's not a problem of bad media and neither of the DVD burner!
Just because the original disc plays perfectly does not mean anything, outside the fact that it can be played without read errors, of course it is going to play correctly, the copy protection is not meant to stop it from playing, but rather to prevent ripping.

I think when people are talking about media, they are talking about the brand name of discs you are using to burn, but you are obviously are not getting to the burning phase.

Is you firmware on your burner up to date.....someone gave you a link to find out, did you bother to look?

Best of luck.

Your problem is without doubt hardware. Never found a DVD that did not burn and burn properly w/ anydvd+clone dvd.
Try a different burner and if it continues to be a problem look a other hardware. There are not issues w/these great programs.

I already answered you: Check AnyDVD safe mode setting. Check IDE drivers.
James, I just tried again using Safe Mode and Logging: same results, Shrink DVD reports a CRC error.
AnyDVD reports this about the disk:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.3)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 5D24 MY0M97537015957L081F
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1977552 sectors (3862 MBytes)
Total size: 3008464 sectors (5875 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NEU_SCN
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2

I use any dvd, clone dvd, Apollo dvd, DVD Shrink, DVD 95 pro, and have never had any problems using any DVD as the start mechanism. Used correctly and updated eliminates any problems to date. You should update your any DVD, and Clone DVD often to insure compatibility with the newer protection schemes. Any DVD is the best program on the market along with DVD clone. Good copying for all. Thanks a million.

Back