• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fox BD New Protection

After 2 rip attempts (rip fine, won't play) at AVP2 using AnyDVDHD, I'm trying the method of disabling AnyDVD and using ImgBurn. The steps to do this say not to use ImgBurn 2.4.0.0. The latest version is 2.4.1.0. Is the latest version OK to use? You get the "disc is copy protected" error, but it seems to read any way.

You can turn that warning off in the options. Yes, 2.4.1.0 is fine to use. You can also use CloneCD.

Thanks, all worked well! However 2 rips (2 different discs), and an original, and I can't get it to play. All lock up during the "Hitman" preview. I tried both Nero Showtime and PDVD 3319, both do the same thing. No problems with any other BDs.....guess this one isn't worth the pain.

BTW, the m2ts files play fine, now if I only knew the play order.:bang:

Thanks, all worked well! However 2 rips (2 different discs), and an original, and I can't get it to play. All lock up during the "Hitman" preview. I tried both Nero Showtime and PDVD 3319, both do the same thing. No problems with any other BDs.....guess this one isn't worth the pain.

BTW, the m2ts files play fine, now if I only knew the play order.:bang:

Sounds like a bad disc to me. I'd return it and get a new one.

Sounds like a bad disc to me. I'd return it and get a new one.

Couldn't it be Profile 1.1? 3319 doesn't play those well, or at all. I don't know about Nero or the other one though.

Couldn't it be Profile 1.1? 3319 doesn't play those well, or at all. I don't know about Nero or the other one though.

No, for several reasons. He's not getting to the menu, which means he's not playing the movie that has the BD+ protection. That's for starters. Second, AnyDVD HD removes the BD+ protection, so, that has nothing to do with it anyway. AVPR is BD Live, I believe, so, that could have something to do with it, but, again, locking up in a trailer? Unlikely to be the problem. Still sounds like a bad disc to me.

HEY! Stop changing things while I'm replying! Now my reply sounds stupid. LOL :) It's BD Live, which is profile 2.0, and my answer still applies. He's not getting that far.

Ha, I changed it not 10 seconds after I hit post reply, I just realized that I didn't mean BD+. It must have changed right after you read it but right before you clicked "quote".

He said he tried 2 different discs though.

By the way, I have had just something like that yesterday. I was trying to play A Room with a View on BD and my LG player didn't read the disc, it just seemed like there was no disc. This was the second time it happened with a rental. I am sure I got a different disc, since it was sent before the first one was returned. The first time I was sure it was a bad disc, but after the second one, I don't know. I just took out the HD-DVD version, which worked for me once before. Anyone have trouble with this particular blu-ray?

Well, downloaded PDVD 3.730 patch....and it plays like a champ (using Samuri's method). The version switcher is not working quite right for me, but that will be another day's challenge.

Well, downloaded PDVD 3.730 patch....and it plays like a champ (using Samuri's method). The version switcher is not working quite right for me, but that will be another day's challenge.

Do you need the version switcher though? I just use ISOs now, but I guess if you HAVE to have folders... like if you use tsremux or something like that to slim down the movie.

Do you need the version switcher though? I just use ISOs now, but I guess if you HAVE to have folders... like if you use tsremux or something like that to slim down the movie.

Even then use my folder to ISO script. No need to have folders at all.

I still find it interesting that 3319a locked up in the trailers. Just goes to show that sticking with older versions because they have one feature is not a great approach. By sticking with ISOs you can use the latest versions with no problems.

I have Hitman and AVP2 (both US versions) and they both play back fine from folders on the harddrive using 3319a

Even then use my folder to ISO script. No need to have folders at all.

I still find it interesting that 3319a locked up in the trailers. Just goes to show that sticking with older versions because they have one feature is not a great approach. By sticking with ISOs you can use the latest versions with no problems.

Yes, but that one feature can be pretty important. To Andy's point, PDVD has problems with remuxed ISOs. In my case, Nero plays remuxed ISOs fine, but if one only had PDVD and remuxed movies, 3319a may be the only option for playback.

Yes, but that one feature can be pretty important. To Andy's point, PDVD has problems with remuxed ISOs. In my case, Nero plays remuxed ISOs fine, but if one only had PDVD and remuxed movies, 3319a may be the only option for playback.

I haven't had trouble with remuxed ISO's with PowerDVD 8 but I'm just starting to try them. I like tsMuxeR (using 1.84), as opposed to tsremux, because besides being able to read m2ts playlists, it also preserves the audio and subs languages' titles when right-clicking on PowerDVD to change them (as there is no menu). With tsremux they're all "English." By the way, I don't know why I didn't get into the remux bandwagon before. I've been b1tching about idiotic spoiler-ridden video menus, slow menus, PUO's and the like. I didn't realize it'd already gotten so freaking easy to remux a movie DVDShrink-style.

I have no problems at all with any of the ISO's I've remuxed in PowerDVD 7 or 8.

I haven't had trouble with remuxed ISO's with PowerDVD 8 but I'm just starting to try them. I like tsMuxeR (using 1.84), as opposed to tsremux, because besides being able to read m2ts playlists, it also preserves the audio and subs languages' titles when right-clicking on PowerDVD to change them (as there is no menu). With tsremux they're all "English." By the way, I don't know why I didn't get into the remux bandwagon before. I've been b1tching about idiotic spoiler-ridden video menus, slow menus, PUO's and the like. I didn't realize it'd already gotten so freaking easy to remux a movie DVDShrink-style.

HAHAHA, yea, and TSMuxer makes it SOOO nice. There's also an issue with TSRemux where you lose the time codes the first time around so you have to remux it twice. TSMuxer is the way to go. EACTo supposedly can now detect which playlist the main movie's in, so, we're hopeful that will get ported over to TSMuxer at some point. THAT would rock! Yea, I wasn't all that keen on the remuxing bandwagon, either, until recently. Now that I'm starting to run out of room, it's looking like a better idea. Plus some of my BD's have both True HD AND LPCM tracks which is idiotic to keep both for us. (True HD is an optional sound format on BD, so, that's why another audio track is required. But LPCM? Good Lord we can save a ton of space!) So yea, I'm SLOWLY coming around to the remuxing bandwagon. I *REALLY* TRULY wish we could get some software that can selectively remove crap from our BD's while retaining menus and special features. Imagine removing trailers and useless audio tracks and then having it output a compliant ISO right from the disc. I could get into that. BIG TIME.

I second that, but I guess for me it's not as important. I almost never watch any extras, and menus just annoy me. I absolutely love Warner's philosophy of just gettin' into the movie without any main menus, while I absolutely loathe Universal's and many others' video menus. Have you seen the menu of the HD-DVD of Bourne Supremacy? It's simply friggin stupid with the spoiler(s).

So, I guess the ideal thing for me is still just the movie. I only care for some extras like the Ratatouille "documentary" about rats. It's just hilarious, but it could also be saved as its own m2ts file I guess.

Oh come on, the UFO thing is pretty funny, too. :D But yes, I get the point about menus. Although some of them I enjoy like the Pirates movies. Those were kinda neat. So, I FINALLY got a chance to try something on seamless branching discs. This ROCKS!

Eac3To 2.45, tsmuxer 1.86, um, that's it ;)

-Stick movie in drive, let AnyDVD scan it and keep AnyDVD enabled
-From command line, type "eac3to d:" where d: is the mounted disc
That shows all the biggest playlists and the length of them. Pick the playlist you want.
-TSmuxer, add the playlist discovered in last step
-Deselect unnecessary crap
-Remux to a new folder on your hard drive
-Run makeISO on the new folder to create a compliant ISO

Giddyup! Seriously, we've gotten to a point where it's finally pretty darn easy to remux your discs to a main movie only with 1 audio and 1 sub title track if that's your thing. I'm quite pleased. :)

Oh come on, the UFO thing is pretty funny, too. :D But yes, I get the point about menus. Although some of them I enjoy like the Pirates movies. Those were kinda neat. So, I FINALLY got a chance to try something on seamless branching discs. This ROCKS!

Eac3To 2.45, tsmuxer 1.86, um, that's it ;)

-Stick movie in drive, let AnyDVD scan it and keep AnyDVD enabled
-From command line, type "eac3to d:" where d: is the mounted disc
That shows all the biggest playlists and the length of them. Pick the playlist you want.
-TSmuxer, add the playlist discovered in last step
-Deselect unnecessary crap
-Remux to a new folder on your hard drive
-Run makeISO on the new folder to create a compliant ISO

Giddyup! Seriously, we've gotten to a point where it's finally pretty darn easy to remux your discs to a main movie only with 1 audio and 1 sub title track if that's your thing. I'm quite pleased. :)

I think the UFO is not really a "Ratatouille" extra, more like a Pixar short that's also available on its own bluray release, isn't it? But anyway, same thing. I just love Pixar's movies. I can go on a rant on how much I love them and why, and why I hate all copycats like Shrek and Ice Age and such. They're not even similar. I always shake my head when people compare them.

Anyway...

"tsmuxer 1.86"? Typo? Thanks for the eac3to tip by the way.

Yea, 1.84, not 1.86. It was previously 1.76. You get the point. "LATEST VERSION" ;)

Yea, 1.84, not 1.86. It was previously 1.76. You get the point. "LATEST VERSION" ;)

heres a newbie question for ya. if i want to use tsmuxer on my movies ripped to ISO do i need to remount them and re-rip the file again to the hard rive or can i use it with the ISO already ripped?

heres a newbie question for ya. if i want to use tsmuxer on my movies ripped to ISO do i need to remount them and re-rip the file again to the hard rive or can i use it with the ISO already ripped?

I've had issues trying to do that. You can TRY it. If you get a bunch of sync errors in the audio streams, then rerip it to the hard drive using the AnyDVD Ripper and the errors will go away.

Back