• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.3

If you are talking about the two so called boxes at the bottom of the AnyDVD HD ripper app then you don't install or enter anything, these are the progress bars.

Try It

well here is a stupid question, after you purchase the HD-DVD upgrade and install it, etc.

When you open the source directory for the HD-DVD: their is a couple of empty boxes stating: 1. this tool copies Hd-DVD files
2. .... to your harddisk!

What am I suppose to install in those boxes??????

Those aren't fill-in boxes. They are status bars! Once you begin a rip they will indicate file and overall status of the rip.

Ok, when I load a Hd-DVD and start ripping an error occurs and states that anyDVD is not active on the Drive that the DVD is in??????

Ok, when I load a Hd-DVD and start ripping an error occurs and states that anyDVD is not active on the Drive that the DVD is in??????

What does the status window show?

Nothing, now the error states that the drive is not ready.:mad:

Nothing, now the error states that the drive is not ready.:mad:

What does the status window show? (in AnyDVD settings. Close the ripper, look there).

If I am looking in the right place, it is completly blank?

Just re did it (boot), in the even't that I had not done it previously. Must be doing something simple and stupid, thanks for your patience.

Noticed that under ANYDVD that my drives are disabled???? Used to copy on Any DVD.........

Last edited:
Beginner questions please:

1) If I buy the upgrade (anticipating getting a HD-DVD player for my PC), and get the new unlock code, will AnyDVD still work with my current standard DVD RW drive? Or does changing it to the AnyDVD HD version no longer have the "AnyDVD" part of the software work with my current DVD RW? I just want to make sure I don't disable the ability I have now.

2) Assuming this AnyDVD-HD only works with DVD-HD (not BR...yet), could you guys let me know what are the best performing/price hardware for me to watch a DVD-HD ? I only have heard about the XBox, but don't know how it would hook into my PC....hopefully via USB...and hopefully it then just shows up as another drive in WinXP Pro SP-2.

3) I have a pretty high quality 22" CRT monitor hooked into an ATI X-800 XT PE video card, but not a LCD with HDMI connection. Just want to see if that will work once I rip to Hard Drive.

4) I'm using an older version of PowerDVD 5, which I think I also would need to upgrade?

Thanks for all your help....and thanks Slysoft for your years of support.

Any DVD HD Clone DVD HD Dual Layer

It will be worth it to pay an upgrade fee when Any DVD HD is accompanied by Clone DVD HD Dual Layer. If anyone will remember Any DVD was a viable product after DVD Shrink was available. This is a great program if you can re-compress and back up to a cheap media.

I bought anydvd the january 15 2007, less than 1 month before the anydvd goes out I will have to pay a second time in 30 days :mad: :mad: :mad:

Math skills and anydvd users don't seem to be the best fit.. :confused:
Not sure what anyone would be worked up about here. Buy anydvd and it is 49. Buy anydvd hd and it is 79. Already own anydvd and you get the benefit of having a 30 upgrade path to rip an entirely new generation of media for less than you paid for anydvd.. 49+30=79. Not really seeing who is getting ripped off on that one. Anyone who's panities are getting in a not over this has obviously not bothered to go see that you will have to pay $100 for the software to play this back and a minimum of $200 for a player let alone 20-35 a disk. Lordy..

What I'd be more concered with is if HD-DVD is able to close the loophole that is allowing the keys to be read, will full or at least partial refunds will be given. I think that this is a great release and for even for a limited time it is worth something but as AACS hasn't been cracked there is no assurance that this will continue to work as anydvd will.

Hi I just bought the anyDVD HD 6.1.2.3
but I have problems when I try to use it
when I open anyDVD Ripper
in Source Directory box, I choose "G" G is my HD DVD Drive
then I press "Copy DVD" it shows Directory G:\VIDEO_TS does not exits!!
Did anyone have the same problem? is anyone can help me? thanks

I'm a new user of the HD version. Basicaly I'm searching for a way to play my rightly bought HDDVDs on my TV set through DVI. I've tried the latest version and this doesn't work with PowerDVD Ultra 7.2. It works fine when PDVD is on my CRT monitor but if I move the window to my DVI TV set and start the movie it just lock PDVD.
It works fine with ripped movies but I don't care about that, playing form disk is the point of AnyDVD for me.
Any idea?

Update : I discovered something, if I move PDVD from my CRT monitor to my DVI TV while the movie play the FBI warning logo (ie: not a video but a picture) PDVD dosen't crash and play the movie. I can even go back to the menu etc...
It's like if PDVD is checking for something that hasn't benn spoofed by AnyDVD while videos are playing. It's annoying and won't makes me buy AnyDVD by any mean if that matters...

Last edited:
Only way...

I am already a licensed user! you mean to tell me i have to pay again??

It's the only way for slysoft to continue development of this new platform...you'll be happy to pay when Clone HD DVD comes out....

cannot read a file

having problems with new anydvd update Itried reading a movie 98 percent done an error came up and said cannot read a file tried dvd 43 and it worked HELP does any body have the last version of anydvd

Ummm...I Think I'll Pass For Now

For one thing, there's not enough HD DVDs to make it worth bothering with and there aren't enough HD TV's yet with enough of the market share to go that route. Given that I don't watch movies on my PC, it's simply not worth shelling out the money for the upgrade. Plus from what I'm seeing here, it seems a bit glitchy and a hassle.

Like many others, I downloaded AnyDVD via Element 5 (if I'm not mistaken). I don't remember what credit card was used or if I even have that card anymore.

I do have a question though. I see this upgrade envolves added decrption for ArCoss and fixing glitches in multi angl flicks...SO my question is, if you aren't upgrading to AnyDvdHD are you still gonna get those fixes for your standard Anydvd?

I tried to do just the upgrade price but it is wanting me to pay 79.00 USD? Am I missung something here?

Back