• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a problem i have powerdvd 8 on 2 computers i added the "regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax" in the cmd and it worked just fine i then tried it on the other computer and its telling me theres an error and to make sure its in the right location what am i doning wrong im using vista on both stations

i got a problem i have powerdvd 8 on 2 computers i added the "regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax" in the cmd and it worked just fine i then tried it on the other computer and its telling me theres an error and to make sure its in the right location what am i doning wrong im using vista on both stations

I mean, forgive the obvious but:

On both computers, PDVD8 is in the C:/program files/Cyberlink folder correct? And the NavFilter folder path is c:/program files/cyberlink/PowerDVD8/NavFilter?

And you put the HDDVDNav.ax file in the NavFilter folder on both computers correct?

If so, assuming you are registering from the cmd prompt and not from within the folder as some have suggested how to here in the forums, you are typing from a cmd window:

cd C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\NavFilter and then press enter

Then type regsvr32 HDDDVDNav.ax then press enter

Make sure also since you are using Vista that you run the cmd window as an administrator if UAC is set up.

Double check all those steps and if still not working, let us know.

yup tryed them all again and still no luck

Try copying the regsvr32 file from Windows\ststem32 folder to the C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\NavFilter folder

Then run cmd and type

Also make sure PowerDVD 8 installed in a folder structure like that because for some reason people have reported there install had a double PowerDVD8 folders like this C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PowerDVD8\NavFilter.

what i got!

I simply got PowerDVD 8, i did have the PowerDVD 7 installed but i Uninstalled it cause i knew i didnt need to use it anymore cause 8 was a bit better.

i got a C2D system with Geforce 6600 256MB card.

It still does it and im confused yet when i play H.264 normallyon my computer its all fine?

Try copying the regsvr32 file from Windows\ststem32 folder to the C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\NavFilter folder

Then run cmd and type

Also make sure PowerDVD 8 installed in a folder structure like that because for some reason people have reported there install had a double PowerDVD8 folders like this C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PowerDVD8\NavFilter.

ok i have followed everyones steps but im still getting the same problem nothing happening
its says the module "hddvdnav.ax failed to load the specific module could not be found??

Thank you I got this working perfectly for me and all my HD DVD's.

Also spdif mising finally works correctly in PowerDVD 8 a feature I have been waiting for for a long time.

ok i got it working i just unistalled powerdvd8 and installed it again anstarted from scratch i dont know what the hell i did wrong in the first place

Have a bit of a confession - I have got HD-DVD playback working fine, I realised I had edited the xpl file and not changed the track of the main title to 1... which does cause PowerDVD to crash :eek:

The only thing is it's now telling me that the bit rate for DD+ audio is 256kbps when its over 1,500kbps on PDVD7.3... is it just a readout mistake, or is it actually outputting it at just that :confused:

We believe the display is messed up. I did a comparison with 7.3 and 8 on the same clips of the same movie and they sound identical, so, it's decoding correctly, just not showing it right.

It looks like somebody already made a HDDVD addon package for PDVD8. Pretty slick setup, just copy a few files and click a couple of buttons and voila!. Just google HD DVD Playback Addon for PowerDVD 8 Ultra.

Last edited:
Well it kind of can but its not the "most" ideal (well have to wait until brian at MM integrates it into the next release).

The bottom line is that you can not run VMC in full screen (so Vitsa autoplay can take over once MM launches Daemon Tools).

Reset the HDDVD/Blu Ray integration in the collection management so MM is set to not manage HDDVD/BR. However, make sure it is set to launch Daemon Tools when an ISO is found.

When you click on a movie in MM, it will launch PDVD8. VMC will not minimize but PDVD will open on top of it. If you exit PDVD, VMC will still be there open. MM is not "in control" of PDVD and VMC but it doesnt have to be in this case.

Again not ideal but since I only use VMC for Movies and Music, running it at 95% (as opposed to FS) will work fine for me for the next 30-60 days until v8 is integrated.

Well it kind of can but its not the "most" ideal (well have to wait until brian at MM integrates it into the next release).

The bottom line is that you can not run VMC in full screen (so Vitsa autoplay can take over once MM launches Daemon Tools).

Reset the HDDVD/Blu Ray integration in the collection management so MM is set to not manage HDDVD/BR. However, make sure it is set to launch Daemon Tools when an ISO is found.

When you click on a movie in MM, it will launch PDVD8. VMC will not minimize but PDVD will open on top of it. If you exit PDVD, VMC will still be there open. MM is not "in control" of PDVD and VMC but it doesnt have to be in this case.

Again not ideal but since I only use VMC for Movies and Music, running it at 95% (as opposed to FS) will work fine for me for the next 30-60 days until v8 is integrated.

dharris,

Can u elaborate what do u mean by "The bottom line is that you can not run VMC in full screen"?

I don't usually use VMC -> MM -> play BD using Daemon tools via PDVD. I am similar like you when I watched Recorded TV and movie, I will use VMC. When I listen to music I will use iTune. When I watch BD, I will use PDVD. But I don't see any different if I use VMC -> MM -> play BD using Daemon tools vs PDVD. the pictures looks exactly the same to me.

dharris,

Can u elaborate what do u mean by "The bottom line is that you can not run VMC in full screen"?

I don't usually use VMC -> MM -> play BD using Daemon tools via PDVD. I am similar like you when I watched Recorded TV and movie, I will use VMC. When I listen to music I will use iTune. When I watch BD, I will use PDVD. But I don't see any different if I use VMC -> MM -> play BD using Daemon tools vs PDVD. the pictures looks exactly the same to me.

Sorry unclear post. I mean that if you are using the mymovies application to manage, scroll through, and ultimately launch both SD movies and HDDVD/BR movies (by clicking on the Watch button from within MyMovies), in order for PDVD8 to launch the HDDVD/BR movie, you cannot be running VMC in full screen mode (maximized). This is because MM sends a command to Daemon tools to launch the HDDVD/BR ISO file. After this occurs, you need Vista's autoplay feature to then take over and launch PDVD8. However, this will not occur if VMC is in full screen mode - but if you enlarge the window you can get it to like 95% of the screen. Whats nice is that if you close out of VMC and reopen it, it will remember the size and position.

Again, this works properly with PDVD7 because the MM author built functionality into the app to handle minimizing VMC and launching PDVD7. He will update the app to handle PDVD8 but like i said, this may be 30-60 days.

Make more sense?

ok i got it working i just unistalled powerdvd8 and installed it again anstarted from scratch i dont know what the hell i did wrong in the first place

Glad to hear you got it working, and uninstalling and reinstalling would have been my suggestion.

Sorry unclear post. I mean that if you are using the mymovies application to manage, scroll through, and ultimately launch both SD movies and HDDVD/BR movies (by clicking on the Watch button from within MyMovies), in order for PDVD8 to launch the HDDVD/BR movie, you cannot be running VMC in full screen mode (maximized). This is because MM sends a command to Daemon tools to launch the HDDVD/BR ISO file. After this occurs, you need Vista's autoplay feature to then take over and launch PDVD8. However, this will not occur if VMC is in full screen mode - but if you enlarge the window you can get it to like 95% of the screen. Whats nice is that if you close out of VMC and reopen it, it will remember the size and position.

Again, this works properly with PDVD7 because the MM author built functionality into the app to handle minimizing VMC and launching PDVD7. He will update the app to handle PDVD8 but like i said, this may be 30-60 days.

Make more sense?

Absolutely now. I was under the impression that anything before PDVD8 and PDVD8 will behave the same. I am still using 3319a and planning to upgrade 8 in the near future. That's why when I use 3319a via MM, I don't experience what you described... I guess it might give me a small reason sit on the side line until Brian update the next MM build to do full screen on PDVD8 ;) But I rarely use VMC -> MM -> PDVD, I usually close VMC and launch PDVD and have nothing but PDVD playing my BD. Thanks again for your clarification.

coldhand (and anyone else having trouble getting HDDVDs to play using my workaround), copy js32.dll from th 7.3 folder into the PDVD8 folder and it should allow HDDVD playback.

Side note:

Like someone stated before if you add the CLHDSPDecoder.dll from 7.3 to PDVD 8 you can get subtitles.

However if you have imports that force subtitles when you select english tracks like I do and you don't add the CLHDSPDecoder.dll you will no longer get the forced stuff so there is a benefit to leaving that one out of the mix.

Sometimes the "forced" subs are useful though. For instance in "Black Rain", where two short instances of forced English subs appear magically to help you with the Japanese dialogue ;)

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back