• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are talking about the configuration tab in the setup window where you also can configure audio, video, etc. then the tab is there as long as you are watching a HD-DVD. It's only not there when you don't play an HD-DVD, try it!

Regards

You guys have recognised my/this post from me?
:)

Alternatively, you can copy the "=CLSID_HDTR_CLAUD" line from the 8.0 CLDShowX.ini to the 7.3 ini (replace or comment the existing one) and enable full HD Audio in 7.3

Alternatively, you can copy the "=CLSID_HDTR_CLAUD" line from the 8.0 CLDShowX.ini to the 7.3 ini (replace or comment the existing one) and enable full HD Audio in 7.3

Do you think that there is a possibility to circumvent the 16/48 downsampling of PDVD8 through such a registry tweak? It would be great to have a real full 24/96 signal from your sound card!?

Fascinating info guys. Well done. I'll have to play around with this more when I get home from work. Gotta love it. :)

If you have PowerDVD 7.3 with HD DVD support, you have everything necessary to enable HD DVD support in PowerDVD 8.

1. Download and run Graphedit
  2. Graph -> Insert Filters
  3. Expand "DirectShow Filters"
  4. Expand "CyberLink HDDVD Navigator"
  5. The first line is the display name which will look something like this:
    Code:
    DisplayName: @device:sw:{083863F1-70DE-11D0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\{AC5CFDA8-F3B3-4E8F-A31C-E8120193EF8E}
  6. Make note of the last bracketed entry (this one is from 3730a): AC5CFDA8-F3B3-4E8F-A31C-E8120193EF8E
  7. Browse to your PowerDVD 8 install folder and open CLDShowX.ini
  8. You will see the following line:
    Code:
    997E77E6-664D-4987-B461-AF789BFBB51F=CLSID_CLHDDVDNAV         ;HDDVDNav.ax
  9. Change the CLSID to match the one you found in step 5/6. You can comment the original with a semicolon:
    Code:
    AC5CFDA8-F3B3-4E8F-A31C-E8120193EF8E=CLSID_CLHDDVDNAV         ;HDDVDNav.ax
    ;997E77E6-664D-4987-B461-AF789BFBB51F=CLSID_CLHDDVDNAV         ;HDDVDNav.ax
  10. Save the file.
  11. Start PowerDVD 8 and enjoy your HD DVDs

Nothing to download. You don't even need to copy the files from your 7.3 folder.

For those who have already enabled HD DVD, the Nav filter you are using is actually an older build than the latest 7.3 build so you may want to do this as well.

Edit: My mistake, you still need the HDDVD_X.IMP file for PowerDVD 8.

tested by don't work :(
powerdvd 8 launch and shutdown immediatly

Side note:

Like someone stated before if you add the CLHDSPDecoder.dll from 7.3 to PDVD 8 you can get subtitles.

However if you have imports that force subtitles when you select english tracks like I do and you don't add the CLHDSPDecoder.dll you will no longer get the forced stuff so there is a benefit to leaving that one out of the mix.

It is because you need the 8.01513 HDDVD_X.IMP the 7.3 version will just crash it.

i have the HDDVD_X.IMP ^^

and this :
seems dont work too :(
informations OSD do not show DTS-HD MA when a play a BD (ex : Die Hard)

Problem: AVC or H.264 Encoded Discs won't show

I installed the latest Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 and for some strange reason, any H.264 or AVC encoded disc, whether it be Blu-Ray or HD-DVD it only shows the movie in a green screen and nothing else, the other types of encoded movies are fine (VC1 and MPEG-2).

I don't know whats going on? it was working before i installed Cyberlink?

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

Do you think that there is a possibility to circumvent the 16/48 downsampling of PDVD8 through such a registry tweak? It would be great to have a real full 24/96 signal from your sound card!?

Don't think so, I would bet it is hardwired in to the audio.dll's or ax files, however if some genius ever figures out how to it will be a huge plus for watching HD DVD/BR from a PC/HTPC.

I have Vista 64 and it worked for me: I added the files in the navfilter folder (this folder contains four files: clhdspdecoder.dll, hddvdadvnav.dll, hddvdnav.ax, and hddvdnavi.dll) to c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd8\navfilter. The other files (deskband32.dll, hddvd_x.imp, and js32.dll) were placed in c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd8.

Then I went to all programs\accessories, right clicked command prompt, run as administrator. At the command prompt I typed cd.. then hit enter key, then cd.., hit enter key again, then I typed cd program files (x86), hit enter, cd cyberlink, hit enter, cd powerdvd8, hit enter again ; each time showing me the folder I am in. I then typed regsvr32 hddnav.ax, hit enter, confirmation came up and voila, done.

You should now be able to play hddvds, the funny thing is (and this is one of the reasons why I have yet to buy a blue ray disc) that Ultimate Avengers blue ray does not play with powerdvd8, but it does with powerdvd7.

Hope this helps.

ps. I got mine from alt.binaries.hdtv (I have a subscription to easynews, can't stand the p2p crap), searched powerdvd, and found it, it's 5.11 megs.

Thanks for the help:D

I too got mine from the same place, and followed the same instructions exactly (though your final instruction for regsvr32 hddnav.ax, should be regsvr32 hddvdnav.ax and its in the navfilter folder)... I still however have not got this to work:( PowerDVD still dies:confused:

and this :
seems dont work too :(
informations OSD do not show DTS-HD MA when a play a BD (ex : Die Hard)
Saw IV shows "Audio: DTS-HD 7.1 6632kbps" when playing the DTS MA track. I made the change and it worked for me. I will uninstall both players and start from scratch tonight to make sure. I've been messing with this thing a lot so there may have been something else I did that affected it.

I'm still trying to figure our how to tell that it is 16/48. I know it is because Cyberlink has confirmed it, but I can't tell on my system so I wouldn't know if I defeated it or not.

Thanks for the help:D

I too got mine from the same place, and followed the same instructions exactly (though your final instruction for regsvr32 hddnav.ax, should be regsvr32 hddvdnav.ax and its in the navfilter folder)... I still however have not got this to work:( PowerDVD still dies:confused:

I had to copy the regsvr32 file from windows\system32 to the navfilter folder then do the "regsvr32 hddnav.ax" part of the instructions to get that .ax to register .

I installed the latest Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 and for some strange reason, any H.264 or AVC encoded disc, whether it be Blu-Ray or HD-DVD it only shows the movie in a green screen and nothing else, the other types of encoded movies are fine (VC1 and MPEG-2).

I don't know whats going on? it was working before i installed Cyberlink?

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

What were you using before you installed cyberlink? Just to eliminate the obvious, i assume you uninstalled any previous versions (and settings) and then reinstalled PDVD8?

Assuming you did this, what is your current set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back