• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the trick is to get PowerDVD8 to start when MyMovies loads an ISO. It doesn't seem to want to start that way. You have to manually load the ISO to get PowerDVD8 to start.

Yeah

Unbelievable the big step for Pdvd. :bowdown:
I'm sure this will increase sales of the product.

Anyway, I'd love to receive a PM :D

Really Thank you

Yeh. MM doesnt support PDVD8 yet. You can do the the following as a pseudo workaround. Open MM collection management tool. Reset the HDDVD/BR PDVD integration. When you open VMC, MM will ask you to integrate HD/BR. Just say no. As long as you do not run VMC in full screen mode, clicking on a movie on MM will launch Daemon tools to mount the iso and PDVD8 will open over VMC. You can maximize VMC by dragging it as big as you can (its almost full screen).

You also need to make sure PDVD is set to open in full screen mode.

The downside is that MM is no longer in control of PDVD. But that doesnt really matter as PDVD will just open on top of VMC. Once you exit it, VMC is still there and you can continue throughout the interface. The nice thing is that if you close VMC and reopen, it remembers the size you made it so no need to keep adjusting it.

Its a decent workaround until MM is updated in the next release to support PDVD8.

Now the trick is to get PowerDVD8 to start when MyMovies loads an ISO. It doesn't seem to want to start that way. You have to manually load the ISO to get PowerDVD8 to start.

I've searched for the beta build and found nothing on the web able to grant me the necessary HDDDVD files.

Has anyone found a search link? [SOLVED]

Thanks

I appreciate the PM's sent. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Pm....anyone?

I can't find the files either. A PM would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Please just remember anything you do to your computer whether it be from a PM or a Post is not the responsibilty of Slysoft. If your computer is affected in a negative way by these changes, Slysoft is not responsible for your decisions. I just wanted to make this perfectly clear.:policeman:

I've searched for the beta build and found nothing on the web able to grant me the necessary HDDDVD files.

Has anyone found a search link? [SOLVED]

Thanks

I appreciate the PM's sent. Thanks again.

I would greatly appreciate a PM on this subject as well if you can thanks!

I would also appreciate a PM very much.
Thanks in advance!

S.

Edit: Taken care off. Thanks - great community here!

Last edited:
If anyone could help it would be great

Hello everyone,

Not my best first post as I normally join forums to help not to ask but if anyone would be kind enough to PM me a link or search string that will help me with sorting out HDDVD in 8 that would be grand as 7 seems to not agree with Vista to well. I have been trawling the web for the needed files since this thread was only 5 pages long and not had much luck yet.

Thanks in advance :)

This will indeed increase sales for 8.0. As soon as some is kind enough to PM on this matter, I will purchase 8.0 right away. Win-Win

I wouldnt get too excited. This "addon" might not work with the next update; especially if they find out this can be done.

This will indeed increase sales for 8.0. As soon as some is kind enough to PM on this matter, I will purchase 8.0 right away. Win-Win

"I cant find the files either could some one pm me please thanks"

Me Too please

If they eliminate this, they'd be hurting their own sales. I've been looking at some forums around the Net and quite a few of them are linking to this thread which shows there's enormous interest in enabling HD DVD playback in version 8. I think many more people are considering the upgrade if they know that HD DVD playback can be enabled. I refuse to distribute the files as they come from a leaked internal beta, but, the fact is that Cyberlink underestimated the interest in HD DVD playback. Honestly, I think they should release an upgrade pack to those who previously owned 7.3 for free to restore the functionality. This little "hack" shows how easy it would be to reenable it. Even if they did it with the caveat that "hey, use it at your own risk as we definitely do NOT support it at ALL. You have problems, you're on your own" I think people would accept that. Customers who are new to PowerDVD 8 are late to the party anyway so they shouldn't miss HD DVD support. But those of us that had 7.3 and bought the upgrade to 8 should be allowed to play HD DVD's in 8.

"I cant find the files either could some one pm me please thanks"

And me too please

If they eliminate this, they'd be hurting their own sales. I've been looking at some forums around the Net and quite a few of them are linking to this thread which shows there's enormous interest in enabling HD DVD playback in version 8. I think many more people are considering the upgrade if they know that HD DVD playback can be enabled. I refuse to distribute the files as they come from a leaked internal beta, but, the fact is that Cyberlink underestimated the interest in HD DVD playback. Honestly, I think they should release an upgrade pack to those who previously owned 7.3 for free to restore the functionality. This little "hack" shows how easy it would be to reenable it. Even if they did it with the caveat that "hey, use it at your own risk as we definitely do NOT support it at ALL. You have problems, you're on your own" I think people would accept that. Customers who are new to PowerDVD 8 are late to the party anyway so they shouldn't miss HD DVD support. But those of us that had 7.3 and bought the upgrade to 8 should be allowed to play HD DVD's in 8.
cyberlink can't offer these files without paying the licensing fee to Toshiba though, right?

Lots of first time posters asking for PM's (or less than 5 posts).

Someone sent me a message that the files are on a.b.hdtv ... I believe that's a usenet thing? I've not used that, so I'm not really sure.

If Cyberlink were smart, they would renegotiate a license fee for an "addon" and charge maybe $10 or $20 for it. They would then only have to pay the license fees for the number of addons sold and not all PDVD licenses. There would be gripes but in the end, most would pay that amount.

i've looked everywhere, but no luck... can someone pls send me a PM?
thx in advance

Last edited:
congratulations to everyone who participated in this hack. I tried to find the files (internal beta) but I can't. Would appreciate a PM with a link to the files.

Thanks

Someone sent me a message that the files are on a.b.hdtv ... I believe that's a usenet thing? I've not used that, so I'm not really sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back