• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMT is no picnic either

It is giving me constant malware hits with Avast antiversus

I played well for a couple days on most of my blurays and hddvd iso -- then start doing nothing

try to play and it just flip back to the splash screen

I like it's VMC integration piece and that work with my movies

geez - I just want stabile playback again..

if anyone can PM the PDVD8 hack location for simple download to add back HDDVD - I'll give cyberlink some money

I'm using vista 32 bit home premium on 2 htpc and 2 version of ultimate 32 on another computer and a laptop respectively

Crap...I just installed this build and no dice. I wonder if installing it on a laptop without support for Blu ray or HD-DVD caused the files not to install? I am this close to buying Arcsoft's TMT and switching my HTPC to 32-bit. This is totally ridiculous.

A PM would be appreciated (from an HD-DVD owner stuck on 3319a!)
Thanks

EDIT - Thanks!

Last edited:
If you don't want to fiddle with cmd, just create a new text file, paste regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax into it and save it as filename.bat. Execute that and it's done! In case that a future update disables the filters, you can simply execute it again.

I hate to Me Too: but can some PM the links for HDDVD for 8.

Thanks in advance!!
Rew

Has anyone been able to get ATI acceleration and EVR working on Vista 32?

Guys, I know you all want to get these files, but, PLEASE stop PM'ing me for them. I am not going to be distributing them to 100 people. It's not that I mind helping you guys, but, I don't feel comfortable distributing files leaked from an internal beta. That's likely frowned upon. :) So, please, seriously, stop asking me. You will find what you're looking for if you search hard enough.

i would love a PM with some help or a link on this if anyone could help that would be great

Wow, amazing work in enabling HD DVD support in Power DVD 8. :clap:

If someone could please send me a PM with "some directions" , I would very appreciate it. :bowdown:

Thanks in advance!

whurlston, I have no issues with HW acceleration on my ATI 2600 XT, what card do you run? and what OS?

SO now that PDVD8 can play HDDVD, anyone figure out how to make HDDVD ISOs autoplay with PDVD8? My autoplay options in Vista only allow me to choose PDVD7. I have tweakVI and tweakUI running but i do not see how either allows me to add an autoplay handler for hddvds...

So i played around with the registry and was able to add PDVD 8 as an autoplay option under HDDVD (previously, PDVD8 only showed up under Blu Ray). However, when i mount an HDDVD ISO, nothing happens, and PDVD8 does not start [using VISTA]

Here is what I did. Edited the Event Handler and Handler registry entries (Local_Machine...Windows/Current Version/Explorer/AutoPlay Handlers). Under event handler for the key PlayHDDVDOnArrival I added a string for PowerDVD8 (there was only PowerDVD). Then under Handlers, i added a PDVD8PlayHDDVD key (just l like the blu ray key) and copied the strings from the PDVD8 blu ray key, replacing only the InvokeProgID string with HDDVD.

Can not get it to work although seems like it should.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, here's what I've determined to get this to work.

Files from old PowerDVD 8 build:

HDDVD_X.imp
NavFilter\
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll
HDDVDAdvNav.dll

Files from either old PowerDVD 8 build or PowerDVD 7 Ultra:
deskband32.dll
js.dll

That'll restore HD DVD playback in the latest PowerDVD 8 Ultra version. The NavFilters are pretty big so they can't be posted to the forum.
I don't mean to be ungrateful, this is a great job! :bowdown:

But I just noticed that subtitles don't seem to appear, when activated. :confused:
Could someone else confirm?

This could be a problem, as I only speak 3 languages... :D

Weird Hurston, I have almost exactly the same as you, just a 2600 XT, regardless, I don t know why it wouldn t work

@FRG, I can confirm that Subs do not work for HD DVD under Powerdvd 8

CLHDSPDecoder.dll

You need to drop that in your Navfilter folder and subs will work. Sorry about that.

CLHDSPDecoder.dll

You need to drop that in your Navfilter folder and subs will work. Sorry about that.
Can we use the one from 7.3? Or do we need the one from the 8.0 internal beta?

Pretty much the only files you need from the beta are the IMP and the HDDVDNav.ax. All the dll's from 3730a can be used.

Pretty much the only files you need from the beta are the IMP and the HDDVDNav.ax. All the dll's from 3730a can be used.
That works indeed fine.

While we're at it, I noticed something else, but it could be purely cosmetic: When I activate the info display (only with HD DVD), I get very odd values for the audio bitstream, but only with Dolby Digital Plus.

When the value should be 1536Kbps, it displays only 256 or 384.

Is it just an error in the display, or is DD+ reduced to such low value in the decoding process???

It seems that Dolby True HD isn't affected, and I haven't tested with DTS-HR or MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back