• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I got nero to convert an EVO to AVC, kinda?

bjmarchini

I was reading through all these guides and they are really complicated.

I have been using evodemux to combine my main features to a single file which is working really great.

I also have a folder called extras that I throw any interesting things in there like the making of Oceans 11 and such. These files usually end up just being Mp2 files with 2 channel DD+ in an EVO container. I really wanted to condense them to a smaller size, but the things that I have read to do have been daunting to me. OMG! I really hate using command lines - I am a spoiled point and click guy.

Just like any noob I tried loading the ripped MP2/DD+ EVO extra with Nero 8' Nerovision but found I got a video with no sound. So I tried demuxing it with evodemux and of course got sync issues.

After not being able to get eac3 to work, I decided to fool around with nero again.

I loaded the EVO like I did before and had no sound. For kicks, I decided to load the demux ddp file that I produced and to my amazement, everything is now in sync. I ended up exporting it as a file to Nero AVC standard keeping the 720x480 format and it reduced the size by 75% using a 1250 bitrate.

Has anyone else tried this strange work around? I haven't seen it here

It also gave me the options to upgrade it to 1080p AVCHD, but I would only use that for feature perhaps.

720x480 is not 720p btw, its just dvd resolution.
dont be confused by the 720.

720p is 1280x720 :)
and 1080p is 1920x1080

Nero and eac3to

Hi,
give eac3toGUI a trial and put all your program and sound files in the root device (c:) Make sure to set the path to the eac3to.exe file in the settings of the GUI. Rename the *.dd+ file to *.eac3 an convert to *.ac3.
Have fun
Best
Joe

I was reading through all these guides and they are really complicated.

I have been using evodemux to combine my main features to a single file which is working really great.

I also have a folder called extras that I throw any interesting things in there like the making of Oceans 11 and such. These files usually end up just being Mp2 files with 2 channel DD+ in an EVO container. I really wanted to condense them to a smaller size, but the things that I have read to do have been daunting to me. OMG! I really hate using command lines - I am a spoiled point and click guy.

Just like any noob I tried loading the ripped MP2/DD+ EVO extra with Nero 8' Nerovision but found I got a video with no sound. So I tried demuxing it with evodemux and of course got sync issues.

After not being able to get eac3 to work, I decided to fool around with nero again.

I loaded the EVO like I did before and had no sound. For kicks, I decided to load the demux ddp file that I produced and to my amazement, everything is now in sync. I ended up exporting it as a file to Nero AVC standard keeping the 720x480 format and it reduced the size by 75% using a 1250 bitrate.

Has anyone else tried this strange work around? I haven't seen it here

It also gave me the options to upgrade it to 1080p AVCHD, but I would only use that for feature perhaps.

what do you mean loaded the ddp file? thats just audio. how did you remux the two together?

Back