• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

64-bit version of ReClock?

Unr3aL

Hey James, since you now confirmed to soon pick up development on ReClock again, might you consider doing an x64 build as well?
All those tools homecinema-geeks use and love have an x64 version and the need for using ReClock prevents us from running them. (MPC-HC/BE, madVR, LAVFilters, xySubFilter...)
I don't really know what kinds of prerequisites in the code are needed for this, nor do I know how much work it would be in the end.
Maybe you could just give a quick yes or no, telling us if we should ever hope for an x64 build to come out...

I know this doesn't belong in this topic but considering the low attendance of this subforum I thought I might just add this question here...

Keep up the good work!

Greetz, Unr3aL67

Hey James, since you now confirmed to soon pick up development on ReClock again, might you consider doing an x64 build as well?
All those tools homecinema-geeks use and love have an x64 version and the need for using ReClock prevents us from running them. (MPC-HC/BE, madVR, LAVFilters, xySubFilter...)
I don't really know what kinds of prerequisites in the code are needed for this, nor do I know how much work it would be in the end.
Maybe you could just give a quick yes or no, telling us if we should ever hope for an x64 build to come out...

I know this doesn't belong in this topic but considering the low attendance of this subforum I thought I might just add this question here...

Keep up the good work!

Greetz, Unr3aL67
He has .
No, a 64 bit version is not planned.

PS
search is one of the wonderful features of the forum here at the RedFox forums.

Then again, that was more than one year ago. Time passes, software progresses. Some software is showing real improvement with 64 bit builds, Reclock is not keeping up.

It's free, so certainly there are no obligations on James' side. But asking is understandable, IMHO.

Then again, that was more than one year ago. Time passes, software progresses. Some software is showing real improvement with 64 bit builds, Reclock is not keeping up.

It's free, so certainly there are no obligations on James' side. But asking is understandable, IMHO.
For me ReClock is almost dead.

Sorry to hear that James, how about making us pay for it? o_O

If I remember correctly, James always said if we wanted to pay for ReClock we could buy other Redfox products. If you already bought them you can buy a gift license for someone. ;)
I also remember he said ReClock is almost dead because there are now other applications that have integrated (most of its) functionality (JRiver, Kodi and MediaPortal are the ones that come to my mind). However IMHO they have yet to get to the same full feature set of ReClock and that's why I'm still using it.
I admit with HEVC and VP9 seeing more and more use it's become a bit difficult for my aging E7400 to keep up with them in 32-bit software decode so I can still use ReClock, so I'm hoping that a really low power graphics card that supports decoding those formats will be released soon (some GeForce 1040 or Radeon 450 would be nice :love:).

MediaPortal's audio renderer doesn't support PAL 25 to 23.976 compensation so it's useless for me, and I don't want to use a proprietary solution like JRiver, so I guess I would have to migrate to Kodi if for some reason I couldn't use ReClock anymore in the future.
Does anybody know other software that has ReClock-like functionality?
My needs are: PAL speedup compensation, and ability to dynamically set speaker output config to match source.

This is sad news indeed.
ability to dynamically set speaker output config to match source.
AFAIK this option in Reclock hasn't worked for a while, instead you need to use WASAPI exclusive if you need to use the function out to an HDMI receiver.

AFAIK this option in Reclock hasn't worked for a while, instead you need to use WASAPI exclusive if you need to use the function out to an HDMI receiver.
Riiiiiight. :ROFLMAO: So, yeah, I just realized now thanks to you that I didn't need that option anymore as WASAPI Excl. is now taking care of that.
Because it was needed on XP with my receiver, I kept always enabling it right away when installing ReClock and it never occured to me that WASAPI Excl was doing the exact same thing, I thought it was sending silent channels. Silly me... :whistle:

If I remember correctly, James always said if we wanted to pay for ReClock we could buy other Redfox products. If you already bought them you can buy a gift license for someone. ;)
I also remember he said ReClock is almost dead because there are now other applications that have integrated (most of its) functionality (JRiver, Kodi and MediaPortal are the ones that come to my mind). However IMHO they have yet to get to the same full feature set of ReClock and that's why I'm still using it.
I admit with HEVC and VP9 seeing more and more use it's become a bit difficult for my aging E7400 to keep up with them in 32-bit software decode so I can still use ReClock, so I'm hoping that a really low power graphics card that supports decoding those formats will be released soon (some GeForce 1040 or Radeon 450 would be nice :love:).

MediaPortal's audio renderer doesn't support PAL 25 to 23.976 compensation so it's useless for me, and I don't want to use a proprietary solution like JRiver, so I guess I would have to migrate to Kodi if for some reason I couldn't use ReClock anymore in the future.
Does anybody know other software that has ReClock-like functionality?
My needs are: PAL speedup compensation, and ability to dynamically set speaker output config to match source.
Well, ReClock isn't "dead-dead". It will continue to work and it won't explode tomorrow. And if there is a bug, I'll probably fix it. But don't expect full Windows 10 compatibility (replacing the default renderer doesn't work) or support for PowerDVD version 21 (16 already was a major pain, and it never really worked with PowerDVD the way I wanted, because PowerDVD's "anti tamper" mechanisms).
Isn't DirectSound is deprecated? I believe so.

This is sad news indeed.

IIRC ReClock has some channel remapping mechanism which can only be used by editing the registry. This should still work (with wasapi).

I also really hope for 64bit version... MPC-HC + LAV Filters + madVR + ReClock is THE MOST popular, the most stable, the most supported bundle chain of apps for HTPC videophiles and ReClock is the only component that forces the rest to be 32bit instead of 64bit, preventing full performance potential...

JRiver Media Player and others are not as snappy (kind of laggy) compared to the mentioned bundle and require purchasing. I would rather pay for a 64bit version of ReClock...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I also really hope for 64bit version... MPC-HC + LAV Filters + madVR + ReClock is THE MOST popular, the most stable, the most supported bundle chain of apps for HTPC videophiles and ReClock is the only component that forces the rest to be 32bit instead of 64bit, preventing full performance potential...

JRiver Media Player and others are not as snappy (kind of laggy) compared to the mentioned bundle and require purchasing. I would rather pay for a 64bit version of ReClock...

I second that!
May be annoyinng to you James, but so far there is no combination of programmes or tools for video playback that are that satisfying as the mentioned above. It is not a question of speed gain with 64bit software but some day 32bit development will cease as the platforms will become 64bit only and then we are lost with Reclock.
In contrary to you, James, I see future use of Reclock, especially as long as MPC is as famous as it is (and deserves).

Definitely I would pay for Reclock 64bit version.

Why would the platforms become 64 bit only? 16-bit apps still run to this day on 32-bit versions of Windows, 17 years after the last release of 'WinDOS'. There is no reason for Microsoft to drop support for 32-bit code as long as the CPUs can run it. As for the compilers, I'd say considering they still sell a 32-bit version of Windows now, you still have many years of compiler support ahead.

I would pay for 64 bit version of Reclock.

With HDr content 64 bit version of MPC is quite an improvement over 32 bit version. Some HDR content is almost not playable on 32bit version considering CPU strain. If you want to keep Reclock with HDR you need a 64bit version.

In addition, CPU/GPU strain is considerably lower on 64bit version compared to 32bit version of MPC-HC. With latest build it's a real improvement.

I tried several solution to frame judder and Reclock is surely the best. Without Reclock at best case scenarion you get a 0.3 second judder every 40-60 seconds of the video (24fps on 24hz display). With reclock activated that split second judder just dissappears. I know that for average viewer that is not a critical thing, but for some people it's unacceptable.

So, please rethink the 64 bit version. Maybe open Kickstarer project or open donations area for 64bit version. So if enough people pedge with their credit card / paypal account you can confirm it and start recompiling it.

Why don't you pay for a GeForce 1050 Ti instead? It can decode everything in hardware including 10-bit HEVC and VP9 (YouTube HDR), and with the new D3D11 Native decoder in LAV + madVR, you have the best video decode performance with lowest load on your system resources and perfect image quality.
I can play 4K HDR with ReClock set to best quality on a Core 2 Duo in 32-bit without any issue.

Maybe he doesn't want to, can't or has other reasons not to. That's not your decision to make. Reclock also has nothing to do with hardware or even software decoding of any video stream of any type. Reclock is for fixing things such as PAL speedup back to normal speed. Maybe you should do some research as to what reclock is actually for.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Ch3vr0n what does this tool actually use? from the descriptions I did not understand much about the explanation

Nothing, it's a standalone tool you use WITH playing bank movies THROUGH other tools. Reclock itself doesn't use other tools itself

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Maybe he doesn't want to, can't or has other reasons not to. That's not your decision to make.
I am not making a decision for him, I answered based on his own post in which he describes his reasons for his hypothetical need of a 64-bit version of ReClock and says he'd even be ready to pay for it. I am giving him advice on a way to achieve the goal he wants and for which he is ready to spend money without counting on a software development from James which is very unlikely to happen.

Reclock also has nothing to do with hardware or even software decoding of any video stream of any type.
The post to which I was answering specifically was talking about decoding and processing power making him wish for a 64-bit version of ReClock so his media player could perform better while keeping on using ReClock. So I informed him he could get the same results with a graphics card that can decode newer formats in hardware, which he could buy now with the money he would be ready to give James for a 64-bit ReClock.

Reclock is for fixing things such as PAL speedup back to normal speed.
You don't say?!?!?! :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Maybe you should do some research as to what reclock is actually for.
And maybe you should go read the umpteen other threads where someone is desperately asking James for a 64-bit version of ReClock before you condescendingly answer to someone who also knows what ReClock is for and uses it all the time and is trying to provide guidance to one of those people.

Back