• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

(Solved) 4k Blu-Ray Status Window

I have this drive. And I can't seem to read uhd discs. How were you able to determine your firmware version?
It's next to the drive model in the AnyDVD status window.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Ahh, thanks. I have E104, so I guess I do not have a high enough firmware to read UHD, but I don't want to go too high. Guess I need to keep looking for the A201 firmware.

I'd like to inform you that BU40N can be flashed and converted as a friendly drive. ;)
Hi TeddyRaspin which firmware version renders this drive as UHD friendly please. I have seen that flashing with BU30N firmware would work in theory but I have yet to see a dump. All of the BU40N firmware versions appear to leave the drive a "real UHD" drive. So can you point me in the right direction please

Hi TeddyRaspin which firmware version renders this drive as UHD friendly please. I have seen that flashing with BU30N firmware would work in theory but I have yet to see a dump. All of the BU40N firmware versions appear to leave the drive a "real UHD" drive. So can you point me in the right direction please
You can read this thread: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/dumping-downgrading-firmware-on-uhd-friendly-devices.74479/
And here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/converting-uhd-friendly-drive-into-uhd-real-and-viceversa.74544/

Thanks for your help. I have been following both of these threads and have downgraded >50 LG/Asus drives thanks to the excellent guides by TeddyRaspin. I may have missed something but neither of these threads provides the answer to my question about the BU40N which I would like to convert to UHD friendly. In one of these threads Teddy refers to taking a deeper dive into this specific drive. If you can help me that would be much appreciated. I have already downgraded the firmware from 1.02 to 1.00 and it still behaves as a real UHD drive. Is there an alternative firmware (eg the BU30N firmware which I have never seen as a dump) which would render the drive UHD friendly ?

Last edited:
You can't downgrade the bu40n, period. That's an official uhd drive with matching aacs host certificate. That drive won't work with anydvd, downgraded or not

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

You can't downgrade the bu40n, period. That's an official uhd drive with matching aacs host certificate. That drive won't work with anydvd, downgraded or not

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
@ Chevron, thanks for the clarity. I suspected that was the case. That narrows down the options !

Like an UHD friendly drive, meaning that AnyDVD HD will allow to create a proper unprotected ISO image (or even a protected one).

Anyway I'm looking for someone who can dump a BU40N firmware for further testing.

@Andreas Daum

Have you got such drive ?
Any news on this? I too have a BU40N

Any news on this? I too have a BU40N
Ch3vr0n said "You can't downgrade the bu40n, period. That's an official uhd drive with matching aacs host certificate. That drive won't work with anydvd, downgraded or not"

Back