• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.4.0.4 release

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

6.4.0.4 2008 03 27
- New (Blu-ray): Added support for new version of BD+ as found on
"Hitman", Region A, US
- New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
found on "Reservation Road", R1, US (untested, awaiting feedback)
found on "Der Perfekte Sex", R2, Germany
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper can now be started multiple times
- New: Settings can be changed while rip is in progress.
Setting changes will be ignored for drives currently ripping.
- New (Setup): AnyDVD can now be installed without a reboot (2000/XP/Vista)
- Fix (Blu-ray): Small visible glitches (1-2 frames per movie) on BD+
protected discs
- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper didn't handle some discs properly under Vista
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

6.4.0.1 2008 03 20
found on "Büro, Büro", R2, Germany
found on "Buck Rogers" and "Footsoldier", R2, Germany
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Great Release I love it now BD+ is completly busted. But I think something is strange. We always have updates about structural protections. I thought the AI Scanner takes care of structural protections? So why these updates?

Great Release I love it now BD+ is completly busted. But I think something is strange. We always have updates about structural protections. I thought the AI Scanner takes care of structural protections? So why these updates?

Because of
a) Bugs
b) clever creators of protections exploiting these bugs

Thanks for fixing the BD+ removal glitch!

I have done quite a few rip using the 6.4.0.0 version. Do I need to redo all the rips or there are some chances the glitch is not always present? A hint about the frequency or likelyhood of the glitch would be welcome.

Thanks for your help.

So whats the difference between 6.4.0.3 and this one other than it now not being beta?

More fixes for BD+ or other stuff? Just wanted to make sure the beta was still good for the BD+ as i have redone BD+ movies with the fix in 6.4.0.3

Thanks again, Slysoft!!

:bowdown:

Amazing that the program doesn't take up much resources on my PC, unlike, say Nero 7!!

:clap:

ps3?

I recently backed up hitman and ice age to HD and can play them smoothly with any player, but when burned to disc the ps3 plays them back choppy. Any1 else having this problem. All my non Bd+ movies play fine on the ps3.

More fixes for BD+ or other stuff? Just wanted to make sure the beta was still good for the BD+ as i have redone BD+ movies with the fix in 6.4.0.3

No, BD+ was terminally good :)

AnyDVD 6.4.0.4 unavailable?

I clicked on the download link and nothing happened. Just loaded the page. I usually get the 'save to' dialog box. I tried clicking 'save target as' and only got the link. Is the update now unavailable or is this just a glitch? Thanks.

Please disregard previous post

Apparently only the link in the forum isn't working, but the one on the Slysoft home page works fine. Sorry.

Something I noticed.. When seeking backwards and forwards in WMP 11 (Vista 64bit) in a movie (.m2ts file, using Haali Media Splitter / Matroska Splitter), sometimes BD+ glitches are present for about 1 second, and only sometimes.

My theory is that because it's skipping directly to those frames, it AnyDVD HD hasn't had a chance to read the frames/data before it, some of which may contain information on how to decode the next few frames.

Would I be correct in assuming that this is what is happening? Skipping back a few seconds, and watching that part over again, it's fine.

I recently backed up hitman and ice age to HD and can play them smoothly with any player, but when burned to disc the ps3 plays them back choppy. Any1 else having this problem. All my non Bd+ movies play fine on the ps3.

Mine plays back perfectly from a BD-RE in my PS3. Are you sure Hitman plays back fine on the PC as the BD+ on Hitman always made the video choppy. Did you make the back up from an original disc or from a previous ISO? If it was from an ISO did it have the AACS folder in the ISO as it needs that to decrypt it properly

Mine plays back perfectly from a BD-RE in my PS3. Are you sure Hitman plays back fine on the PC as the BD+ on Hitman always made the video choppy. Did you make the back up from an original disc or from a previous ISO? If it was from an ISO did it have the AACS folder in the ISO as it needs that to decrypt it properly

Plays from HD fine with powerdvd and nero showtime. Made backup from original disc and previous iso. AACS folder is present in iso.

1. Loaded any dvd 6.4.0.4
2. Waited for hitman to be scanned
3. Disabled AnydvdHD
4. Read image with clonecd as .iso
5. Enabled AnydvdHD
5. Re-ripped as files with anydvdHD <---should I have iso'ed then burned or would this have the same result.

Something I noticed.. When seeking backwards and forwards in WMP 11 (Vista 64bit) in a movie (.m2ts file, using Haali Media Splitter / Matroska Splitter), sometimes BD+ glitches are present for about 1 second, and only sometimes.

My theory is that because it's skipping directly to those frames, it AnyDVD HD hasn't had a chance to read the frames/data before it, some of which may contain information on how to decode the next few frames.

Would I be correct in assuming that this is what is happening? Skipping back a few seconds, and watching that part over again, it's fine.

No. I believe this time the "glitches" must be caused by something else.

I just took my previous folder on the harddrive with the AACS already removed added the AACS folder and made an ISO with Imgburn then mounted the image in Daemontools and re ripped it to a folder using AnyDVD HD. And Ice Age works fine for me too

Which codec is that and which decoder are you using? One of the two ffdshow MPEG2 decoders is known to introduce such artifacts when seeking.

Back