• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.4.0.4 release

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

6.4.0.4 2008 03 27
- New (Blu-ray): Added support for new version of BD+ as found on
"Hitman", Region A, US
- New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
found on "Reservation Road", R1, US (untested, awaiting feedback)
found on "Der Perfekte Sex", R2, Germany
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper can now be started multiple times
- New: Settings can be changed while rip is in progress.
Setting changes will be ignored for drives currently ripping.
- New (Setup): AnyDVD can now be installed without a reboot (2000/XP/Vista)
- Fix (Blu-ray): Small visible glitches (1-2 frames per movie) on BD+
protected discs
- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper didn't handle some discs properly under Vista
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

6.4.0.1 2008 03 20
found on "Büro, Büro", R2, Germany
found on "Buck Rogers" and "Footsoldier", R2, Germany
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

I get this error when trying to install...

33dfcpz.jpg

What will not work if I ''ignore''?

Sweet!!

Love the feature of installing without a reboot!!

As far as that error... I had that once back with version 5, I uninstalled, removed all registry entries.. reinstalled. Might work for you.

Stevareno, if you have Spybot Search & Destroy installed, disable the teatimer program. Then make sure AnyDVD is closed before installing.

Got it working...

Turns out that my computer "thought" anyDVDtray.exe was in use, and couldn't access the file to overwrite.

Installation after a reboot went without a hitch.

Cheers,
Steve

Blue Screen of Death

Help, everytime I try and install 6.4.0.4 I get the Blue Screen of Death. I have uninstalled, rebooted, and tried reinstalling four times. Still kills my box. I removed again and now it won't even let me try and install.

Help, everytime I try and install 6.4.0.4 I get the Blue Screen of Death.
When exactly does it do this? During install? What OS are you using? Do you have DirectCD installed?

Blue Screen of Death

When exactly does it do this? During install? What OS are you using? Do you have DirectCD installed?

I am using Vista Premimum. I do not have DirectCD. When the update is launched it goes about 3/4 through the install and then hangs and the blue screen comes up and reboots. I have tried several times and the same thing happens. I thought Vista SP1 might have been the problem, but I backed it out, rebooted and tried again to install but got the same blue screen.

I am using Vista Premimum. I do not have DirectCD. When the update is launched it goes about 3/4 through the install and then hangs and the blue screen comes up and reboots. I have tried several times and the same thing happens. I thought Vista SP1 might have been the problem, but I backed it out, rebooted and tried again to install but got the same blue screen.

Can you please tell me which driver caused the blue screen? This information should be available in the eventlog.

I had no issues installing Anydvd 6.4.0.4 with Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition with SP1.

In addition to what James wrote, do the following:

1. Disable User Account Control. If User Account Control is active, you’ll need to allow the Slysoft programs to run at the elevated level. Do whatever you have to do to tell User Account Control to play nice with Slysoft. Disable User Account Control if you must. I think I would at this point. Try to run the Anydvd installation as administrator.

2. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (especially 3 and 4--and note that step 4 requires you to post information)

3. Check the cables on the back of your optical drives. Try swapping with new cables. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=34696

Last edited:
I had no issues installing Anydvd 6.4.0.4 with Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition with SP1.

In addition to what James wrote, do the following:

1. Disable User Account Control. If User Account Control is active, you’ll need to allow the Slysoft programs to run at the elevated level. Do whatever you have to do to tell User Account Control to play nice with Slysoft. Disable User Account Control if you must. I think I would at this point. Try to run the Anydvd installation as administrator.

2. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (especially 3 and 4--and note that step 4 requires you to post information)

3. Check the cables on the back of your optical drives. Try swapping with new cables. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=34696
No, I believe the problem is a faulty 3rd party driver which crashes when the drivers for the optical drives are stopped. Likely candidates are broken ASPI drivers (Adaptec & Co.) or broken filter drivers.
Easy ways to test: Try to disable all CD/DVD-ROM drives in device manager. If the system crashes, look exactly what driver caused the fault. At times where "Plug&Play" is around for a long time, I didn't imagine there would still be problem (USB drives are added & removed by many people all the time).

EDIT: Maybe I have to drop the "installation without reboot" approach for another decade... :(

No, I believe the problem is a faulty 3rd party driver which crashes when the drivers for the optical drives are stopped. Likely candidates are broken ASPI drivers (Adaptec & Co.) or broken filter drivers.

Step 2 from my original reply requires the user to post the registry filter stack. But if you don't want that information, that's fine.

Back