• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Playback on Nero 8

njr

Hi
Has anyone tried on Nero 8 the "Blu-ray/HD DVD Video Plug-in" ?
If so, can anyone tell me how to install the plug in.

PowerDVD has been having problems recently.
Thanks all !

You purchase a license key and then install it using the Nero license manager. That's all there is to it. Then just load up showtime, sacrifice a goat, and hope to hell it doesn't crash. :) Oh wait, that's how *I* do it. :D

Nero plugin in the USA

Is there any way to get the plugin in the USA? I tried and they wouldn't let me proceed.

never had an issue with it. ALL HD DVDs i have work great. Blu-ray so far has been good as well. granted i only have 3, but no issues with them either. not sure why everyone is so down on nero.

I'm only down on it cause it crashes non-stop when I try to play ANY HD DVD and MOST of my BD's. I've never gotten it to work right. I'm convinced it's some combination of my Vista, 8800 GT, and cosmic radiation that's causing my problems. However, it doesn't make it usable for me. So yea, I'm down on any program I paid for and can't use.

I wasn't too happy with their support, either. I was having trouble playing back a mounted ISO image and contacted them. It worked with PowerDVD but not Nero Showtime. Their reply? "We see you're using AnyDVD. We don't support hacked movies." I suppose I could have gone on and on trying to explain, but I just chalked up the Nero purchase as a mistake and went back to PowerDVD.

I'm only down on it cause it crashes non-stop when I try to play ANY HD DVD and MOST of my BD's. I've never gotten it to work right. I'm convinced it's some combination of my Vista, 8800 GT, and cosmic radiation that's causing my problems. However, it doesn't make it usable for me. So yea, I'm down on any program I paid for and can't use.

There's a few things that are Microsoft's fault that you'll need to fix. Download the latest C+ redistributable package for your version of Vista from Microsoft's download site. If you have x64 vista or i64 vista, download both the x32 and x64 versions.
Then re-download download .NET version 3 for your version of vista. I'd suggest you update to 3.5 as well. Parts of the c+ package require a .NET update for some reason. If you have x64 vista or i64 vista, download both the x32 and x64 versions.
Install the C+ updates, then install the .NET updates. Uninstall Nero and restart. Reinstall Nero and restart. Enter your HD code and then restart. Load AnyDVD, insert disc, enjoy. That should solve most of your problems. If it doesn't try uploading your Nero log (from the logging program they asked you to download and run). We can go from there if necessary.

Hey, thanks. I'll definitely give that a shot later. I'm running x32 Vista so I'll grab the runtime and .NET packages and see if it helps.

Well, that seems to have fixed the crashing. However, it pegs my cpu and stutters HORRIBLY. COMPLETELY unusable. Hardware acceleration on or off. Makes no difference. I don't think Showtime does acceleration with nVidia from the looks of it. At least I can't figure it out. So yea, no longer crashes, but, still completely useless. :(

Well, that seems to have fixed the crashing. However, it pegs my cpu and stutters HORRIBLY. COMPLETELY unusable. Hardware acceleration on or off. Makes no difference. I don't think Showtime does acceleration with nVidia from the looks of it. At least I can't figure it out. So yea, no longer crashes, but, still completely useless. :(

Try updating your video drivers (the ones for Vista from earlier do NOT work correctly with some software). I'd also say you should go to the Nero setup toolkit and use the update feature to update to the 8.0.2 or 8.0.3 variant. They're more stable. Beyond that only your Nero log could tell us more.

I have the latest drivers for my 8800 GT card. PowerDVD has absolutely no problems at all on that machine. It runs at 25%-40% cpu utilization. I've got nero 8.3.2.1 installed. So,I don't know.

acceleration helps with my gx2. without its usually about 80-95, with 60-80 util.

The only other thing I could offer is for you to post your log file. That would tell me any other compatibility issues you may have.

Yea, sure. What log file in particular do you want? Showtime doesn't create a log for this issue. Like I said, it plays now, just REALLY badly. So, I'm not sure what log is going to help in this situation.

It's my opinion that if I had a more powerful processor it'd probably be acceptable. My cpu is spiked probably because no GPU acceleration is going on. Sound breaks up quite a bit. I did some system optimization last night for different reasons and it does seem to have helped, but, it's still not quite there. A faster CPU would probably allow it to work.

Well, it would appear an updated driver for my HD Audio has been released in the past couple days. I updated to it and while Showtime is still taking a boatload of resources, the title that was breaking up is now playing ok. So, it would seem that my issues are now mostly resolved with Showtime. I need to check with other discs but I appreciate the help on this!

Yea, sure. What log file in particular do you want? Showtime doesn't create a log for this issue. Like I said, it plays now, just REALLY badly. So, I'm not sure what log is going to help in this situation.
There's something else we're missing, given what you've said so far about your system. The log tool from Nero support is here:
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-infotools.html

Most of the ShowTime issues are linked to Vista and/or x64/i64 issues. But again, that log will detail exactly what is happening with your system.

There's something else we're missing, given what you've said so far about your system. The log tool from Nero support is here:
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-infotools.html

Most of the ShowTime issues are linked to Vista and/or x64/i64 issues. But again, that log will detail exactly what is happening with your system.

There's the log from infotool. If you can find something in there that leads us to the problem I'd be appreciative!

Attachments

• InfoTool.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 4
My lowest end systems is very similar to yours, and a few steps down. Same proc and audio (Asus N8 with a 64X2 4200+ 1Gb ram, X-Fi sound card....) and Showtime plays HD and BR just fine along with HVD, Win-HD downloads and everything else I throw at it. Vista just takes a LOT of patching of everything you plug into it. One thing of note, there is not DIRECT x16 support in vista. 16-bit software (including most hardware packages released for XP and the early vista driver kits) run in a ghost, or virtual support mode under the 32-bit version of the OS.

Noted here:
High Definition Audio Controller
-----------------------------
Driver
Description : High Definition Audio Controller
Company : Microsoft
Version : 6.0.6001.18000
Date : 6-21-2006
File Name : hdaudbus.inf

You're using Microsoft's built in controller file, try downloading your sound card's own driver set directly from the web site and switching from the 97x/98x to the HD package found here if the chip-set will let you:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
When you go to install turn off Vista's safety and protection features. That will keep the installed driver from reverting back to the default. Some revisions of the 97xHD and 98xHD chipset will take the full HD drivers and some won't, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, the Hauppauge input boards are know to have issues with Vista. If switching/updating the audio software doesn't fix your problem, try updating that software as well.

You may consider heading over to freecodecs.com and downloading the Klite Mega codec package (and set it to install "lots of stuff, despite the so-called issues some report, I've never had a problem with it), as well as the Vista HD codec package. Passing things through FFDS speeds up the processing of AV and helped for me.

If all that doesn't work, try playing back something with the Hauppauge WinTV card removed. That's my guess as to what the problem is.

Back