• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Super Slow Ripping

cricks

Sorry for another lame post but this is related to my other issues. It would be easier to try different solutions but it takes about 5 hours to rip pirates 3 blu-ray. Is this normal? I have the LG GGW-h20L Multi Drive and Pirates Blu Ray is a Blu-Ray 50.

Mine took 1.5 hours. So I have no idea why it takes you so long.

sonofa!!!

Man, each time I rip, it takes more than 5 hours. Talladega Nights took about an hour and a half. Please help!

I have the opposite problem. My H20L is slow and quiet. Too slow. It takes me 5 hours to rip Pirates: at worlds end. Do I need to do something with the hardware settings on my pc to speed things up?

WoW, I rip in 35-45 min.

My rips may be fast because I use the Seagate 7200.11 HDD's, nothing else really special about my system

ocgw

peace

I wonder what is the horsepower behind the PC? All we know is that he has a BD drive.

I had the same problem with slow reading and writing of blu-ray discs with the LG GGW H20N. I disabled BD defect management and the drive is performing as expected. If this does not work the it's a DMA issue.

I wonder what is the horsepower behind the PC? All we know is that he has a BD drive.

Hey Thanks for the replies.

i am running a Dual Xeon 3.2 workstation. I am ripping to an internal SCSI raid array. Should be plenty fast.

I had the same problem with slow reading and writing of blu-ray discs with the LG GGW H20N. I disabled BD defect management and the drive is performing as expected. If this does not work the it's a DMA issue.

Where can I find this screen? I am not using nero or anything, just anyDVD HD to rip a back up of the Pirates Blu-Ray.

So I was doing some more searching. Is DMA applicable since the drive is a SATA drive?

Sorry for another lame post but this is related to my other issues. It would be easier to try different solutions but it takes about 5 hours to rip pirates 3 blu-ray. Is this normal? I have the LG GGW-h20L Multi Drive and Pirates Blu Ray is a Blu-Ray 50.

I've developed the same problem after installing 6.4.0.0. Never had a problem before 6.4.0.0. I used to average around 6MB/s read speed, now all discs read at ~2MB/s. Most movies take 3 hours to rip now. Not a single thing has changed on the machine other than the AnyDVD HD update patch. I've also got an LG drive, but mine's the reader GGC-H20L, not the writer. Wonder if the slowdown is specific to the LG drives.

Man, I hope not. I wonder if there is a fix. I am trying to work out where Im going wrong with trying to back up Pirates 3 to my HD but every time I want to try something else, it takes another 4-5 hours to rip it.

That's what I experienced. Using the Any DVD ripper takes ages. The usual explorer copies much faster....

So I was doing some more searching. Is DMA applicable since the drive is a SATA drive?

Yes. It's in the device manager. Are you using RAID? If not it should be easy to find.

Where can I find this screen? I am not using nero or anything, just anyDVD HD to rip a back up of the Pirates Blu-Ray.

I would recommend installing the trial version of Nero 8 (custom install...unselect all the bloatware you don't want) and trying what I suggested. If it doesn't work uninstall Nero. No harm no foul. ;)

Some Solutions To Help Speed Up Ripping

Besides the usual speed boosters (more memory, faster cpu, Raptor hard drive, etc) some things that might help you as they did me was first to turn off all of the services and startup junk you don't need running all the time. That not only freed up some memory, it also freed up precious cycles.

Surprisingly though, the biggest thing i've found to help rip speed (for me at least) is to defragment my hard drive where my movies are stored. You have to remember that these files are huge and if the drive has to seek all over the platter to find a spot to write, that seek and write time adds up quickly. Defragging the drive will open large swaths of clean space to write more of the file contiguously. This is one of the main reasons I made a file server so I don't have to install any software on it and I can turn off just about every service that I don't have to have.

You don't have to get any expensive software to do a simple defrag. Windows (2000, XP, Vista) has a built in command "DEFRAG C:" where C is your drive. Basically, just write this code for all your drive in notepad and then save the file as "filename.BAT" then in task scheduler set it to run at a certain time when you are least likely to be using it. The defrag can take time, especially if the drive is large and is close to being filled.

In the end, you should notice some increase in speed. And i'm sure Slysoft is hard at work optimizing the rip speed of AnyDVD HD;)

I get usual ripping speed when using anything other than the Any DVD Ripper.....:(

not too slow

i have a LG GGW H20L and i ripped resident evile extincion in about 18 min.
i think your disk and reading trouble.. to be honest i suggest you to rip another movie and compare the times

Fixed, I think

So i went into my bios and found the SATA settings. I found my h20L in there and changed the setting from PIO to DMA. Dont know if that was the right thing to do but now its ripping much faster. It went from 600 minutes to 36 minutes! Yay!

Thanks for all of your help.

Back