• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.0.3 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
A lot of new features, some important fixes, highly recommended to check it out:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6403.exe

6.4.0.3 2008 03 26
- New (Blu-ray): Added support for new version of BD+ as found on
"Hitman", Region A, US
- New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
found on "Reservation Road", R1, US (untested, awaiting feedback)
- New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
found on "Der Perfekte Sex", R2, Germany
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper can now be started multiple times
- New: Settings can be changed while rip is in progress.
Setting changes will be ignored for drives currently ripping.
- New (Setup): AnyDVD can now be installed without a reboot (2000/XP/Vista)
- Fix (Blu-ray): Small visible glitches (1-2 frames per movie) on BD+
protected discs
- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper didn't handle some discs properly under Vista

- New (Setup): AnyDVD can now be installed without a reboot (2000/XP/Vista)

Just so that others know: installation under Vista 64 bit OSes (at least with Service Pack 1 installed) will prompt you to reboot. I don't know about other 64 bit OSes.

Last edited:
Actually it's really great that there are companies that care about something as simple as a reboot. Appreciate it. :)

Thanks James and Web yes it will as it did me but I just thought it was due to the rewrite of anydvd?

but I just thought it was due to the rewrite of anydvd?

Anydvd, in theory, wasn't supposed to prompt you to reboot, provided this new feature was working properly: "- New (Setup): AnyDVD can now be installed without a reboot (2000/XP/Vista)"

I'm really curious about the reboot thing.

If the user does not have AnyDVD on their system, how can anydvd.sys and the drive filters initialize themselves, since that can only happen on system boot?

(Or can it?)

32 bit Vista users and XP SP3 users may want to test this and see if this fixes the needed to reboot too I think so anyone running Vista 32 with SP1 installed turn of system restore and see if that stops the need to reboot also xp SP3 users see if this helps you on those systems.

Vista Premium 32Bit w/SP1 installed-System Restore turned on...no reboot required.

Back