• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

whats the best media type?

eorcd

I have used memorex dvd using anydvd and 1clickdvd and have had no problems. Then I went out and bought a stack of 75 and none of them will burn just my luck. So is there one media type that is better than the other?

Last edited:
Verbatim is pretty good, I have used close to a thousand of them with only one bad disc.

Memorex are only good for virgin coasters. You don't even have to try to burn them just take them out of the box and put them on the coffee table. Verb and Ty are best.

Verbs are the only way to go; clean everytime. I don't even bother with any thing else, I mean why take the chance.

i never had a problem with 16x TDK -R's. I've been using TDK for about 2 years, and only had about 2 coasters so far.

I am haveing good Luck with Maxell for now. I see that a lot of people use them here also.

Blank DVD+R DL Inkjet

I bought a package of 25 RiDATA 8X for only $1.59 per disk. Big mistake! They are mis-labeled! They are actually only 2.4X and I was only able to burn 15 out of the 25 and half of those are usable but have correctable errors. Only a few burned without any problems. If you're time is worth anything and you don't like being frustrated don't waste your time with these. :mad:

I bought a package of 25 RiDATA 8X for only $1.59 per disk. Big mistake! They are mis-labeled! They are actually only 2.4X and I was only able to burn 15 out of the 25 and half of those are usable but have correctable errors. Only a few burned without any problems. If you're time is worth anything and you don't like being frustrated don't waste your time with these. :mad:

Ridata is terrible anyway.

Uhh, $1.59 per disk???? :eek:

When Verbatim +R DLs are on sale, I can get them for $1+tax per disc.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people here on this forum doesn't much care for it, but I perfer any disc that is CMC MAG AM3 type media aka Memorex..TDK.

I guess it's an acquired taste.;)

memorex

I have been using verbatim for most of my burning. Sometimes I willbuy Sony. I have never had a problem with either. Today i bought Maxellddvd-r because there were no verbatim or sony in the store. Well these things do not work on any of the programs I tried. Everything I tried said try new media. Has any one else had problems and is there something I could do or are these Maxell's just garbage?

bad media

I always used whatever was on sale..cheap cheap. Then I purchased some Imation on sale at Radio Shack, got 50 of them and not one would work. Clone dvd said copying to media was successful but they would not play on any of my 3 DVD players. So now I use Taiyo Yuden from the supermediastore.com I have used 25 of them and have had no trouble.

Verbatim +R DL

Ridata is terrible anyway.

Uhh, $1.59 per disk???? :eek:

When Verbatim +R DLs are on sale, I can get them for $1+tax per disc.

Webslinger,

Where do you buy your Verbatim +R DLs?

thanks,
tahcdz

I believe you get what you pay for. :agree: :agree:

The very best media for quality and long lasting (not actually proved yet) TY and Verbatim branded media. They burn faster , smoother and give superior quality scan results in general. Sure i use the others ,,, for testing and stuff but all my important and personal collections go onto TY or Verbatim only. :D :D

Memorex are only good for virgin coasters. You don't even have to try to burn them just take them out of the box and put them on the coffee table.
funny that :)
i use verbatim,datawrite,bulqpaq,emtec,mr dvd,and i got loads of 'unbranded' discs from maplin.and more recently i started using taiyo yuden discs.
i haven't had a single problem with any of them.store them when not in use by keeping in a jewel case and preferably somewhere dark/away from bright light.

Back