• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subtitles Question

TheFreak1978

Hello,

I am nowhere near a tech-head. In fact I love this product for its simplicity in putting stuffthat I own onto my video ipod I do however have an issue, but I guess it spawns out of my lack of tech-prowess more then anything.

Is there a setting to have some subtitles, but to not have EVERYTHING subtitled? Like for example Return of the Jedi. I'd like Jabba the Hutt to be subtitled as he should be, but not have everything subtitled.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Type 1 works as expected - e.g for War where Japanese dialog is spoken, the English "subtitle" appears automatically (even though this CloneDvdMobile output from a BD converted to dvd has NO subtitle stream).

attachment.php

Perhaps the support team has an answer for Type 2?

Update:
AtTheAsylum - I checked the thread you linked above and tried The Kingdom - it gives the "English subtitles" also as expected (with subtitles disabled in CloneDvdMobile) so this is a Type 1 forced subtitle also - CloneDvdMobile reproduces it with no problem automatically.

attachment.php

Now I will have to dig out Star Wars and see if it works with Jabba the Hut.... ;)

Attachments

• cropping008.jpg
    cropping008.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Now I will have to dig out Star Wars and see if it works with Jabba the Hut.... ;)
So, the link provided by AtTheAsylum provides all the info about which subtitle to select for the different Star Wars movies - here is the specific post from that thread:

Star Wars, All Episodes, Correct Subtitles

After spending many hours searching for Star Wars Subtitles and pouring over messages in the forum, I found innumerable posts, many with incomplete, erroneous or misleading information. Only a few responders got it right (hokie17, frenchie16 for example), but these posts were not all in one place. I thought it would be worthwhile sharing with the forum how to encode all the Star Wars episodes to insure that the proper subtitles are displayed when Greebo, Jabba the Hut and Watto speak their native tongues. The key here is to leave Forced Subs Only UNCHECKED. If Forced Subs Only is checked, you will see the name of the Director or Producer at the top of the screen from the commentary track. While doing this, I saw a pattern emerge. The episodes with only 2 English subtitle tracks (Episodes III and V) did not have foreign speak so no subtitle track need be selected. All the others, select the second English subtitle track and I reiterate, leave Forced Subs Only off. (Handbrake v. 0.9.1, Mac OS X 10.4.11)

Episode I The Phantom Menace
Subtitle Tracks
English
English
Espanol
English
Select 2nd English Subtitle Track, Forced Subs Only-Off
Check Chapter 14, Watto

Episode II Attack of the Clones
Subtitle Tracks
English
English
Espanol
Francais
English
Check Chapter 27, Watto & Anakin

Episode III Revenge of the Sith
Subtitle Tracks
English
English
No Subtitle Track Selected

Episode IV A New Hope
Subtitle Tracks
English
English
Espanol
Francais
English
Check Chapter 22, Greebo

Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
Subtitle Tracks
English
English
No Subtitle Track Selected

Episode VI Return of the Jedi
Subtitle Tracks
English
English
Espanol
Francais
English
2nd English Subtitle Track, Forced Subs Only-Off
Check Chapter 5, Jabba the Hut
As recommended, I selected English subtitle 2 for Return of the Jedi (2004 THX version) and ran Chapter 5 through CloneDvdMobile (angle 1, which is the English version track).

attachment.php

Good find, AtTheAsylum :bowdown:

Attachments

• cropping011.jpg
    cropping011.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 118
I have been going through as many of the threads as I can on "forced subtitles" and I keep coming across "forced subs off". I am using AnyDVD with Clone DVD Mobile converting to iPod (Gen 5 HiRes). I may just need it spelled out for me (newbe) but I don't see a setting of any kind for forced subs and only get them on output about 50% of the time. Any help/suggestions would be great...thanks.

Back