• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multiple Instances

Jako

I've got 3 optical drives on my windows computer. Was wondering if there was a way to run more than 1 instance of AnyDVD so I can rip more than one DVD at a time.

I've got 3 optical drives on my windows computer. Was wondering if there was a way to run more than 1 instance of AnyDVD so I can rip more than one DVD at a time.

One instance is all that is needed.

As for ripping more than one DVD at a time, theoretically you could simultaneously use the AnyDVD ripper for one disc, CloneDVD for another disc and DVD Shrink for yet another disc. This would be a very unwise decision, IMHO. Ripping one disc at a time is the best way and it really doesn't take that long. Adding in support for ripping multiple discs at the same time with the AnyDVD ripper is something that will likely never happen.

I believe it's only legal to run one instance of AnyDVD at one time if you only have one license. Two licenses, 2 instances.

I believe it's only legal to run one instance of AnyDVD at one time if you only have one license. Two licenses, 2 instances.

That refers to installations on multiple computers. The OP wants to run multiple instances of the software on the same computer. As it is they don't need to run multiple instances, anyway. It does appear that they want to use the AnyDVD ripper on more than one disc at a time which can't be done with the software.

They would not be doing anything against the license agreement if they did as I said in my previous post. It would just be a bad idea to do it, IMHO.

That doesn't really make sense if they are on the same computer anyways. Even if you had two licenses. You could never get two of the applications running at the same time, I think.

Edit: Drink beat me too it.

If you're really intent on doing multiple discs at the same time you could always do them from command line with the copy command. E.G. using robocopy(hey, it's what I use for network copies so I know the syntax off the top of my head) :

-robocopy d:/ c:/Disc1/ *.*
-robocopy e:/ c:/Disc2/ *.*
-robocopy f:/ c:/Disc3/ *.*

etc. Is this a good idea? Meh. As long as your system can handle it, it's not a big deal. No different than any other file copy operations.

Not yet. Next AnyDVD version will allow to run multiple instances of AnyDVD ripper.

No, I even announced it once somewhere... Webslinger will probably know. :)

Hopefully he'll point me in that direction because I don't ever remember seeing that. :eek:

Now I just look like a dumba**. :p

Hopefully he'll point me in that direction because I don't ever remember seeing that. :eek:

Now I just look like a dumba**. :p

Unfortunately, I only tend to (selfishly) pay attention to things that interest me. Running multiple instances of Anydvd ripper is not one of those things, so I don't seem to recall that conversation (however, the odds are I probably participated in the discussion given my post count). But if James said he announced something it must be true, and I'm sure some people will find that feature useful.

This is just another instance of James improving Anydvd. :clap:

Unfortunately, I only tend to (selfishly) pay attention to things that interest me. Running multiple instances of Anydvd ripper is not one of those things, so I don't seem to recall that conversation

My brain tends to work the same way.

(however, the odds are I probably participated in the discussion given my post count). But if James said he announced something it must be true, and I'm sure some people will find that feature useful.

I don't doubt he said it if he says he did. :) I just don't recall ever reading it anywhere and I can't find it using the search feature. I was just curious to read what else was included in the discussion at the time.

This is just another instance of James improving Anydvd. :clap:

Yes. :)

REMEMBER!!! If you are ripping 2 DVD's at the same time - it outta be to 2 different PHYSICAL hard drives. Ripping 2 disks to the same drive causes undue drive wear, and ripping 2 disks to 2 different partitions on the same drive is worse wear and tear. Further, you don't get much speed boost ripping 2 to one drive - you just beat up the poor drive.

-W

Whata know...a few days after I post about this the beta goes official...

Back