• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning process stops at 76%??

elkarlos

After compressing, my burner has been failing at 76%. The error window says it is due to bad media. I have ruined too many discs for it to be media. Any advice? Thanks.:bowdown:

After compressing, my burner has been failing at 76%. The error window says it is due to bad media. I have ruined too many discs for it to be media. Any advice? Thanks.:bowdown:

Refer here and scroll down to the end which discusses firmware for your drive, media, burning speeds, etc.

It is not a valid statement to say that you've ruined too many discs for a problem to be bad media. Garbage media is garbage media and even when using a stack of say Memorex (ie garbage) media it's possible to find really bad discs among the normally bad discs.

You've not really given much information to go on. What brand media are you using. What is the Unique Disc Identifier? To answer the latter question you can use DVD Identifier (freeware) that can be downloaded here. What speed are you burning your discs at?

Sorry about lack of info. I am not the most computer literate person in the world.:disagree: LOL.
I am using good discs. Verbatim.
Burner is 20x. However, I don't know if that is the actual speed it is burning at?

Burner is 20x. However, I don't know if that is the actual speed it is burning at?

Follow the steps in the order that they are listed:

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.1: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6401.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use the latest Clonedvd, 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

4. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
If you don't know how to go about doing this, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

5. Do not burn at max. Use a 12x or 8x write speed.

sshot13li2.png

(thanks to Zebadee for the screenshot)

6. A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

7. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details")

Sorry about lack of info. I am not the most computer literate person in the world.:disagree: LOL.

It happens. :)

Alright. Nice choice.

Alright, if you've never changed it and you are using CloneDVD to burn then it's likely at maximum. I believe that is the default setting. Personally, I think the setting should be removed. No one should ever burn at maximum. Many people follow the rule of burning at half the speed of the rating of the blank discs you are using. So if you use 16x rated discs then burn at 8x.

One thing I forgot to ask was what brand drive you have. A good drive will tend to produce better results and, IMHO, and handle higher burn rates than a not-so-good burner.

When I burn with my Plextor PX-760A which is rated at 16x then I burn 16x rated media at 8x. When I burn with my LG GSA-H55N which is rated at 20x then I tend to burn 16x rated media at 12x because it consistently burns well.

Attached below is an image of CloneDVD where the speed setting is for burning. It's the drop-down menu with the mouse pointer on it. Drop the speed down to 8x and see if your problem remains.

Back