• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When to use Video deinterlacing (Creative Zen Vision W)?

goodstuff

If I'm ripping a DVD to my Zen Vision W, should I have the Enable Video Deinterlacing box checked? I see it makes the file size bigger and ups the bitrate, but I'm not sure what it exacly does. Would it make my movies herky-jerky if I turn it off? Should it always be left on?

Thanks

If I'm ripping a DVD to my Zen Vision W
Good choice, I have one of them

should I have the Enable Video Deinterlacing box checked?
Yup

I see it makes the file size bigger
Yup

and ups the bitrate
Yup

but I'm not sure what it exacly does.
If I Allow me to quote Wiki:
wikipedia said:
Interlace is a technique of improving the picture quality of a video transmission without consuming any extra bandwidth. It was invented by RCA engineer Randall C. Ballard in the 1930s [1] [2]. It was ubiquitous in television until the 1970s, when the needs of computer monitors resulted in the reintroduction of progressive scan. While interlace can improve the resolution of still images, it can cause flicker and various kinds of distortion. Interlace is still used for most standard definition TVs, and the 1080i HDTV broadcast standard, but not for LCD, micromirror (DLP), or plasma displays, which are inherently progressive scan. These devices require some form of deinterlacing which can add to the cost of the set. Nevertheless as of 2006, progressive displays now dominate the HDTV market.

Would it make my movies herky-jerky if I turn it off?
Unlikely

Should it always be left on?
Yup, It won't make the video look better (you can't get data from thin air) however I feel it looks better on my vision:W. I'll admit I've not done blind testing, but... I'm not that anal.

Back