• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burn Problem with CloneDVD 2.9.1.5

ZARTT

I shrank my movie "No Country For Old Men" with DVD Shrink.
"Any DVD" was running in the background.
There were no errors encountered, and I received a success message after the process finished.
I have used this method for at least the last year without any major un solvable problems.
I have used all of the previous versions of Any DVD, and Clone DVD in these endeavours.
DVD Shrink is stuck at version 3.2.0.15.
The movie plays just fine when read from my HD.
I started "Clone DVD2" 2.9.1.5 to burn a copy to disk. (first time with this version).
I use Taiyo Yuden "made in Japan" media only.
I immediately got the "Oh No" girl.
The error detail read "Common 0 9 7".
I tried a different disk, and burn speeds all the way down to 1x, with no help.
Then I discovered that I didn't even have to have a disk in the burner, to get the same message.
I then backed the Clone DVD2 version down to 2.9.0.9 in steps, receiving the same fail message each time.
At Clone DVD version 2.9.0.9, the movie burned from my HD to the burner without error and plays just fine on my Sony player.
Am I running into an end of life situation using DVD Shrink?
Any advice?

Art.

Last edited:
I shrank my movie "No Country For Old Men" with DVD Shrink.
"Any DVD" was running in the background.

So, want to use dvdshrink to compress the video, right?

Try this:

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.1: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6401.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use the latest Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

4. Do not rip with Shrink. Rip first with Clonedvd--and then import that rip into Shrink. So select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd. Output "dvd files" in Clonedvd. Then use Shrink to import that rip.

5. Compress with Shrink.

6. Burn the compressed rip with Clonedvd.

It's possible that Shrink introduces a problem with certain titles with Anydvd running in the background (this is especially true with non-standard discs).

Yes do as webslinger pointed out if I remember right there is a bit of structure copy protection on this disc.

Burn Problem with Clone DVD 2.9.1.5

I downloaded, and installed, the Beta 2.9.1.6 of Clone DVD2.
I then short circuited Webslingers instructions, and proceeded right to a burn of the movie from my HD using that version.
It burned without error.
The disk is playable on both of my home players.
It appears that Clone DVD2 versions 2.9.11, 12, and 15 that I have archived, have a problem with files that are processed by DVD Shrink.
Any thoughts on this??
Thank you for your advice.
As usual, Slysoft products and support show once again why they are without equal in the marketplace.
Thank you.

Art.

It appears that Clone DVD2 versions 2.9.11, 12, and 15 that I have archived, have a problem with files that are processed by DVD Shrink.

Unless you have Vista installed, I'm not really sure why that would be. Anyway, I'm glad Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta resolved your issue. Typrically it's not a good idea to be using Shrink to rip with Anydvd running in the background, especially if the original disc contains structural protection. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

Back