• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray CloneDVD

lions123

I just want to thank Sly Soft for all the hard work with breaking BD+! Your talent has truly amazes me and many other supporters of your products. It would be really nice if you could come up with a Blue Ray Clone DVD that would simplify backing up Blue Ray to a Blue Ray - 25GB disk where you could select what you want to include like movie only or movie and things like bloopers etc. Im sure the price will start dropping on BD-R disks soon. If you would be interested in purchasing a product like this please let Sly Soft know! Thanks

They already know, and i would guess that everyone would want this.

Yes, it would be much appreicated because I am to dumb to learn new procedures.

Me too
an option to transfer hd-dvd on BR would be great !
I follow the link but it's not perfect... lot of hdvd can fit on BDR SL... i'd like to rip movie + languages and subs...
I use dvdrebuilder for dvd, so i hope a solution on this side too !

I just want to thank Sly Soft for all the hard work with breaking BD+! Your talent has truly amazes me and many other supporters of your products. It would be really nice if you could come up with a Blue Ray Clone DVD that would simplify backing up Blue Ray to a Blue Ray - 25GB disk where you could select what you want to include like movie only or movie and things like bloopers etc. Im sure the price will start dropping on BD-R disks soon. If you would be interested in purchasing a product like this please let Sly Soft know! Thanks

QUOTE+ I would be interested in a clone DVD for blue ray discs to blue ray discs! I do not believe there is such at this time. That is why I am on here!

Count Me In

...and I'll be happy to Beta test Blu-Ray capabilities when offered.

And I'd even be happy to pay for a product that could rip BD's to Mobile devices. :)

--Chris

whats the point? most Blu-Rays come with digital copies anyway. So theres your copy for mobile devices.

whats the point? most Blu-Rays come with digital copies anyway. So theres your copy for mobile devices.

No they don't, I have a few hundred Blu-rays, and only a few (less than 20) have digital copies

No they don't, I have a few hundred Blu-rays, and only a few (less than 20) have digital copies

I agree. Most don't. But for the resolutions that you are working with, just rent the DVD and put that on mobile devices.

Remember, once you've purchased the Blu Ray, you purchased a license to watch the video. So as long as you own a license, it's not stealing a copy since you've paid for a copy already.

I know the studios wouldn't agree with that, but it's thier own language. In the purchase agreement, you don't own the material. You only own the priveledge to watch it. So if that's the case, you should be able to watch it anywhere and on anything you want as long as you own the priveledge.

Or look at it this way. Since your Blu Ray did not come with a digital copy (going against the spec), then you are just creating your own digital copy. You're actually saving the studios money since they didn't have to pay for the extra plastic.:D

Remember, once you've purchased the Blu Ray, you purchased a license to watch the video.

The Blu-ray video only . . .

I know the studios wouldn't agree with that

They sure don't. U.S. law doesn't either, strictly speaking.

So if that's the case, you should be able to watch it anywhere and on anything you want as long as you own the priveledge.

Well, yes, I agree, but that's not how things work.

Last edited:
True,
I agree with all your responses to my statement. But then, the studios (or US law) doesn't agree with making our own backups either. They would even prefer that if we don't have HDCP compliant hardware, that we shouldn't be able to play back the media.

It wouldn't hold up in a US court, but the social acceptance of what fair use is says that we should be able to make back ups of the movies that we own. Even though the studios poo-poo on it (technical term), AnyDVD HD makes it possible.

I know this is my own interpretation and i'll readily admit that. However, i'm not taking reasonable income from the studios. I've purchased the Blu Ray so the've made their money.

But okay, lets just all follow the DMCA to the tee. Then everyone needs to get rid of thier AnyDVD HD license since it say right on the notice at the beginning of each movie that any reproduction is a no no. There goes everyone's server. Want to watch the movie on multiple PCs on your network. Buy a copy for each PC then. Don't have HDCP hardware? To bad, anything that helps you circumvent copy protection is also a no no.

Like i always say, i don't condone piracy because you're basically telling people that it's wrong for them to expect payment for the work they put into something whether that be software or stealing someones car. Considering however that in the US, even the use of AnyDVD HD would be considered piracy (by the studios), how far are we going to aquiesce to something that we consider to be unfair (preventing us from viewing purchased media on different formats and backing up our purchases media) and becoming outright pirates (actually owning copies of movies we don't own or selling copies of movies that we don't own the rights to).

</end rant>

It wouldn't hold up in a US court, but the social acceptance of what fair use is says that we should be able to make back ups of the movies that we own.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=16901&postcount=49
While the DMCA makes circumventing protection illegal, it would pretty difficult to prosecute and win in the U.S. under those specific conditions (making a backup of something you purchased without lending to anyone else).

By the way, I feel pretty much the same way you do.

Or look at it this way. Since your Blu Ray did not come with a digital copy (going against the spec), then you are just creating your own digital copy. You're actually saving the studios money since they didn't have to pay for the extra plastic.:D
I'm pretty sure it's not part of the specifications to include a digital copy. I don't remember reading that you have to include a digital copy when reading through the Blu-ray agreement documents from the authoring house, just that you have to include AACS (and pay for it) whether you want it or not

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's not part of the specifications to include a digital copy. I don't remember reading that you have to include a digital copy when reading through the Blu-ray agreement documents from the authoring house, just that you have to include AACS (and pay for it) whether you want it or not

Well...okay. I remember someone saying that it was a part of the spec and pretty sure about it. If not, i stand corrected then.

Regardless, the fact that they even include a digital copy means that they know it's not legitimate what they are doing and yet they still can't let go of total control.

And I'd even be happy to pay for a product that could rip BD's to Mobile devices. :)

--Chris

Why in the world would you want that? High def on a mobile device makes no sense... Besides it takes up rediculas amount of space on your mobile.

Why in the world would you want that? High def on a mobile device makes no sense... Besides it takes up rediculas amount of space on your mobile.

Oh, come on! Keep up at the back!

We don't want HD on the mobile device!
We want to *downsample* it to a resolution and filesize suitable for a mobile device.

Just exactly the same as we can do with a DVD.
We don't use full DVD resolutions and filesize on most mobile devices either!

We want to be able to buy one Blu-ray for use at home on our Hi-Def screens, and not have to then double-dip and buy a DVD copy also, for use on portables, in-car etc.

For example, if I buy a BD of a movie for home use, I don't want to have to buy a second copy on DVD just to use in the car player. I want to down-sample the BD to DVD. I'm not expecting HD from the car DVD player!

Do you see now?

--
SC

This confusion might come about because SlySoft offers two products in the DVD space: Clone DVD and Clone DVD Mobile.

Clone DVD does something similar to ClownBD (reduce size, no resolution change, even if re-encoded), while Clone DVD Mobile re-encodes to change resolution and codecs to that appropriate to a mobile device.

I tend to forget there are two different products. I would lean toward merging them into a single product for BluRay and avoiding the confusion.

In any case, the OP has indicated an interest in the 'mobile' or down-res functionality.

This confusion might come about because SlySoft offers two products in the DVD space: Clone DVD and Clone DVD Mobile.

Clone DVD does something similar to ClownBD (reduce size, no resolution change, even if re-encoded), while Clone DVD Mobile re-encodes to change resolution and codecs to that appropriate to a mobile device.

I tend to forget there are two different products. I would lean toward merging them into a single product for BluRay and avoiding the confusion.

In any case, the OP has indicated an interest in the 'mobile' or down-res functionality.

I use a paid utility called HD Converter by ImToo Software. It will accept an m2ts file and convert it into any number of formats. I was able to convert Tale of Despereux Blu Ray to a quicktime format file to be able to play on my wife's iPod. Was pretty decent and only took about 9 hours. You loose all navigation though, so i probably wouldn't do it for routine, but for the occasional travel movie on the iPod, its a possibility.

That may work for you.

Back