• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mr. Brooks BD+ Removal Glitch

MonkeyBall

On the US version of Mr Brooks a video glich appears around 40:03. It is clearly introduced by AnyDVD since it is not visible when playing directly the Bluray.

It doesn't seem that ripping Bluray with BD+ is reliable at the moment. Hopefully you can fix that quickly. Thanks.

Are you saying that you're using the same software player to play the Disc as well as the rip?

-W

Yes I use PowerDVD, the glitch is only there if the option BD+ removal is enabled

Almost all BD+ titles have minor glitches atm. But only a couple frames.
I assume one of the next AnyDVD HD updates will fix that. :)

Almost all BD+ titles have minor glitches atm. But only a couple frames.
I assume one of the next AnyDVD HD updates will fix that. :)

Is this really true, who else has found glitches in BD+ titles?

I can confirm a glitch in Ice Age at 1:12:01. And I've seen screenshots in another forum from FF2 with glitches.
Haven't seen one in Simpsons, tho.

I may have, but I've been hesitant to report it as I'm not positive what caused it. Just a couple frames throughout the movie were glitched and the audio dropped for a split second. It could have just been my system but that particular image always plays fine in 3319a without the BD+ removal. Nonetheless, that's only empirical evidence and nothing concrete as far as I'm concerned. I do believe it's possible there's a glitch in the BD+ removal. I'm sure if there is, Peer and James will fix it soon.

I may have, but I've been hesitant to report it as I'm not positive what caused it. Just a couple frames throughout the movie were glitched and the audio dropped for a split second. It could have just been my system but that particular image always plays fine in 3319a without the BD+ removal. Nonetheless, that's only empirical evidence and nothing concrete as far as I'm concerned. I do believe it's possible there's a glitch in the BD+ removal. I'm sure if there is, Peer and James will fix it soon.

Do you know about where in the movie you saw this glitch? Maybe go back to that spot and see if it does it again. Then post the time where it happened so others can see if they have it as well, then we can confirm there really is a problem with the removal of BD+ .

Last edited:
Do you know about where in the movie you saw this glitch? Maybe go back to that spot and see if it does it again. Then post the time where it happened so others can see if they have it as well, then we can confirm there really is a problem with the removal of BD+ .

I don't remember now. I don't have time to go back through it right now to check, either. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try to check it out and post back.

I can confirm a glitch in Ice Age at 1:12:01. And I've seen screenshots in another forum from FF2 with glitches.

interesting, i checked my ice age on blu ray disc and ps3 - no glitch whatsoever at that position. i stepped through in single step mode.

maybe that glitch issue depends on local system issues coming together ?

note I used the US version (region A)

hope this helps

On the US version of Mr Brooks a video glich appears around 40:03. It is clearly introduced by AnyDVD since it is not visible when playing directly the Bluray.

It doesn't seem that ripping Bluray with BD+ is reliable at the moment. Hopefully you can fix that quickly. Thanks.

I can tell you that I have no such glitch. I went to the exact scene of the time stamp you gave, and no glitches what-so-ever. I even went to my WMV-HD encoded version, and found no glitch.

Same here i have NO glichs in any of my BD+ movies i own

It probably depends what renderer and what decoder you are using.

Some renderers will skip errored frames, same goes for decoders.

As a rule you should use Media Player Classic, with System Default or Overlay renderer, Haali as your splitter, and CoreAVC for the video decoder.

That will show you the glitch as CoreAVC does NOT skip corrupted frames (like Cyberlink decoder, FFDShow).

Anyways, it's pretty much proven that Robocop and Ronin Mpeg-2 titles have the glitches, so the AVC titles will as well. It's just that with AVC we don't have a scan program like we do for Mpeg-2 (Mpeg2Repair). But yes, there are glitches in EVERY BD+ AVC disc. 1 or 2 frames, but there are glitches. If you don't see them, then your renderer/decoder is simply not showing the frame, or your eyes are too slow :p

Last edited:
As a rule you should use Media Player Classic, with System Default or Overlay renderer, Haali as your splitter, and CoreAVC for the video decoder.

That will show you the glitch as CoreAVC does NOT skip corrupted frames (like Cyberlink decoder, FFDShow).

Maybe there is a bug in CoreAVC, not AnyDVD? What if you select Cyberlink's video decoder and navigate to exact the same frame with the 'glitch'? How is it rendered? If, as you say, it skips it, then you will probably see the previous frame. If, on the other hand, the frame is different, and it is OK, then the problem is in CoreAVC. What's CoreAVC at all? AVC is very complex codec, maybe CoreAVC just misses something...

@SuperGoof,

think about it logically:

(1) We have a tool which can reliably check whether MPEG2 Blu-Rays are clean or damaged. We don't have such a tool for VC-1 and h264, unfortunately.

(2) The MPEG2 testing tool complains about *all* BD+ MPEG2 Blu-Rays we have.

Now of course it's possible that the problem is limited to only those 2 MPEG2 titles. But it would be a funny coincidence if the problem happened to occur only with MPEG2 titles but not with h264 titles. BD+ is not video codec specific. So IMHO it's very probable that h264 titles will have similar problems. We just don't have a tool which can properly check that. Now having bitstream errors in the Blu-Ray data stream doesn't always have to end up in visual or audible artifacts. Also a clever decoder may be able to hide some bitfaults/artifacts.

Anyway, I'm sure that SlySoft will soon fix the problem.

I hope they fix it because even one glitch is to much for me.

I'm sure that when the problem is tracked down and if the source is AnyDVD that it will be resolved. As it is we already have some people saying they see a problem and others do not. This might take a little time.

Anyways, it's pretty much proven that Robocop and Ronin Mpeg-2 titles have the glitches, so the AVC titles will as well. It's just that with AVC we don't have a scan program like we do for Mpeg-2 (Mpeg2Repair). But yes, there are glitches in EVERY BD+ AVC disc. 1 or 2 frames, but there are glitches. If you don't see them, then your renderer/decoder is simply not showing the frame, or your eyes are too slow :p

Well, that obviously applies to me too.

From the huge fuss everyone is making about this, I expected this problem to be much easier to see - but so far I still have yet to find a single frame with a glitch.

Unfortunately, all BD+ titles we have here at the moment are AVC.
I have mplayerc/coreavc too, though I didn't have any luck in getting that combination to play any of my m2ts files at all.

Maybe you can give me, a video newbie, a simple walkthrough on how I can reproduce that problem, so we can all soon go back to routine? ;)

Well, that obviously applies to me too.

From the huge fuss everyone is making about this, I expected this problem to be much easier to see - but so far I still have yet to find a single frame with a glitch.

Unfortunately, all BD+ titles we have here at the moment are AVC.
I have mplayerc/coreavc too, though I didn't have any luck in getting that combination to play any of my m2ts files at all.

Maybe you can give me, a video newbie, a simple walkthrough on how I can reproduce that problem, so we can all soon go back to routine? ;)

I can tell you for 100% certain that I have MPC v6.4.9.0 and CoreAVC 1.6.5 Professional installed on my Windows Vista x86 SP1 system, and I can play H.264/AVC M2TS sources. Even those with BD+ removed (i.e. Live Free or Die Hard, Mr. Brooks, Sunshine, etc.), and have zero of these reported "glitches."

Back