• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped BLU-RAY/HD-DVD to disk

techguy

Hi there,

New to this forum. Just purchased ANYDVD HD recently.

Installation worked fine and am able to process both types of formats. I use Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra to read HD discs.

Question: I was able to rip both an HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc to hard disk. Is there a way to have PowerDVDUltra process the versions ripped to discs? Although the ripping was successful, it doesn't recognize those folders as movies it can process/display from hard disk as it does with normal DVD's.

Thanks,

This has been gone over so many times on this forum, to play from Folder the last version you can use is 3319a, otherwise you have to make them into an ISO and mount that to play in later versions

This has been gone over so many times on this forum, to play from Folder the last version you can use is 3319a, otherwise you have to make them into an ISO and mount that to play in later versions

Or use Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater, or Nero Showtime with HD plugin. :agree:

Question: I was able to rip both an HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc to hard disk. Is there a way to have PowerDVDUltra process the versions ripped to discs?

Yes.

You need ImgBurn and Daemon Tools Lite (both free).

Just use ImgBurn to get an ISO-file of your HD-Disc on your HDD.

Then "mount" the ISO-file. Daemon Tools adds an "virtual" drive. You can "insert" the ISO-file into that drive and then play it in PowerDVD. (change drive letter in PowerDVD to "virtual" dvd rom)

Works fine and for free...

Moe

Thanks all for replies/suggestions.

If the feature was removed from PowerDVD Ultra after version 3319, then I would think it was done for a reason (likely to make it difficult for us to do this).

As for the ISO method, seems like a lot of time and trouble to make this work.

As for the ISO method, seems like a lot of time and trouble to make this work.

How so? Load up CloneCD, select read, give it a filename with .iso. Mount it with Daemon Tools, done. It doesn't take any longer than ripping to a folder. And instead of opening the folder in PowerDVD, you simply mount the image in Daemon Tools. Being able to use the latest PowerDVD version is a good thing.

How so? Load up CloneCD, select read, give it a filename with .iso. Mount it with Daemon Tools, done. It doesn't take any longer than ripping to a folder. And instead of opening the folder in PowerDVD, you simply mount the image in Daemon Tools. Being able to use the latest PowerDVD version is a good thing.

I own AnyDVD HD, but I do not own CloneCD or CloneDVD.

In your quote, you say "CloneCD" - did you mean CloneDVD actually?

I'm assuming you describing simply inserting your disc (whether it be HD DVD or Blu-Ray), firing up the app, and creating an ISO image directly, skipping any steps of ripping to a folder?

If that is the case, that is exactly like using Alcohol 120% type thing...

Please confirm, I'll buy CloneCD or CloneDVD license if that is truly the case, and I can bypass the ripping-to-folder part, since an Iso is required anyway for using the latest version of PowerDVD.

THANS!:rock:

No, I meant CloneCD, NOT CloneDVD. CloneDVD is strictly for DVD processing. CloneCD can make a 1:1 ISO image from your optical media. But yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Load CloneCD, select read mode, create your image, mount it with the new beta of Virtual Clone Drive(Yey!) or Daemon Tools, and off you go. Also, according to James, the read portion of CloneCD never times out. So if you don't need to write the images you will be fine with CloneCD. Of course, it's an excellent piece of software so if you do decide to buy it, it'll be worth while. :)

No, I meant CloneCD, NOT CloneDVD. CloneDVD is strictly for DVD processing. CloneCD can make a 1:1 ISO image from your optical media. But yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Load CloneCD, select read mode, create your image, mount it with the new beta of Virtual Clone Drive(Yey!) or Daemon Tools, and off you go. Also, according to James, the read portion of CloneCD never times out. So if you don't need to write the images you will be fine with CloneCD. Of course, it's an excellent piece of software so if you do decide to buy it, it'll be worth while. :)

Great thanks for the reply!
Ya I'm trying to use ImgBurn with AnyDVD running in the background, to create an ISO of my HD DVD and BD's, but after about 75%, I get I/O error saying media isn't present.... so I'm thinking I need to probably use a different app.

THANKS SO MUCH
appdevman

forex signals software

I have any dvd. It does work with nero 7 and 8. I have a few forex signals software and I had to burn them. worked great.
Thanks

Ya I'm trying to use ImgBurn with AnyDVD running in the background, to create an ISO of my HD DVD and BD's, but after about 75%, I get I/O error saying media isn't present.... so I'm thinking I need to probably use a different app.

:confused:

I don't know whats wrong there, I just ripped four HD DVDs with ImgBurn to ISO Files and it went all very well...

And yes AnyDVD was running in background, too, although ImgBurn always warns me about possible trouble in this situation.

Sorry about that, but I think there is a solution...but I don't have one at this moment. :D

I believe it's a bad disc. He will need to check my bad disc guide to verify. I gave him a link to it above.

Clonedvd Not That Simple

So far it's just this Doom HD DVD that's trippin.
The media must be slightly hosed.

I didn't know about renaming in CloneCD to ".ISO" when you don't want the .DVD w/chunks....thanks for those links.
I apprec. everyone's responses..

* EDIT:
Thanks for the "My Disc Sucks" guide -- LOL I agree!
AnyDVD with ImgBurn usually works, it's gotta be the media.
Thanks everyone!
appdevman

Last edited:
SIGH....I wish people would *READ* once in a while. Give the damn file a .iso extension instead of a .dvd. WOW, it creates an ISO! I've said this is numerous threads already. It's EXTREMELY simple if you PAY ATTENTION.

P.S. JAMES....we've had this discussion before. As easy as it is to make the ISO, I *REALLY* think we need to have a built in profile for HD DVD/BD that simply defaults to ISO. As you can see, people are STILL confused as to how this works.

Back