• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip only the movie ?

Goris

Hi,

Is it possible to add this feature to only rip the movie ?
Right now, I have to use DVD Shrink to be able to do that, since AnyDVD will rip all menus and extra's that I don't need, it also screws up the IFO files, sometimes they play the movie directly and sometimes not.

Please add the option to only rip the movie in a DVD-compatible format, thanks ! :eek:

it also screws up the IFO files

No. You are mistaken. Simply select the video_ts folder as the source, and provided your playback software isn't faulty the movie will play fine.

Please add the option to only rip the movie in a DVD-compatible format

It already is. Otherwise, Shrink would not be able to import the rip (Shrink requires fairly strict adherence to the dvd-video format). No change is required

Last edited:
This has been discussed before and those that wish to do this was told to use CloneDVD2 or such. I doubt it'll get added.

It already is. Otherwise, Shrink would not be able to import the rip (Shrink requires fairly strict adherence to the dvd-video format). No change is required

Well, I still need to use DVD Shrink to only select the "Main Movie" leaving all other menu's and extra's alone, so AnyDVD doesn't create a rip containing the movie alone.

Another problem I encountered is that AnyDVD didn't remove the copy-protection while ripping. The movie always makes all my media players HANG at 02m15sec into the movie. (Media player tested where MPC, ZoomPlayer, KMPlayer and SMPlayer) they all hang at 02m15.
Redoing the rip didn't solve it.

Here is the logfile for the DVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_U_Pissenlits par la racine.zip
    47 KB · Views: 2
Here is the logfile for the DVD.

It shows now protection in the log at all? Also if I remember right this isn't a good filter to have installed if I remember right from prior posts?

cdrbsdrv (system32\drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys), Version: 8.0.0.5 (8.0.0.5)
Company: B.H.A Corporation
Product: B's Recorder GOLD
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2006 B.H.A Corporation
Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
FileVersion: 8. 0. 0. 5
ProductVersion: 8. 0. 0. 5
PrivateBuild: 8. 0. 0. 5

It shows now protection in the log at all? Also if I remember right this isn't a good filter to have installed if I remember right from prior posts?
Well, I have allready tried disabling this driver from within Autoruns, but it left me with no DVD-drives detected, and other error-messages from Anydvd and the system (XP SP2).

P¨lease how can I solve this problem ?

You say there's no copy-protection, but it clearly states at the back of the box "Ce DVD est muni d'une protection anti-copie".

It was produced by TF1 Movie company in 2006.

OK, I have done the actions like you said in some other topics
B's Recorder Gold . . . I'm not positive about whether this filter may cause issues, but it's possible.

Again, if you can't figure out how to remove that filter, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.Select "cdrbsdrv ". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Reboot

Whatever program installed that filter will no longer work properly.
I'm now re-ripping, will post again if the problem persists.

Nope, the problem doesn't resolve :(

After selecting main movie in dvd shrink, I get these files :

These are the filenames (with sizes) :
Code:
VIDEO_TS.BUP (6KB)
VIDEO_TS.IFO (6KB)
VTS_01_0.BUP (58KB)
VTS_01_0.IFO (58KB)
VTS_01_1.VOB (4.08GB)

If I open the VTS_01_0.IFO in my media player, it clearly shows the clip is 02m15sec long.

If I open the VIDEO_TS.IFO in my media player, it shows the exact movie length, but all my media players hang at 02m15sec. :(

There must be a copy-protection which AnyDVD doesn't know because it's clearly printed on the back of the case.

New log:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_U_Pissenlits par la racine.zip
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Oops, Filelist posted above is from DVD Shrink "Main Movie only".

This is the filelist that AnyDVD Rip produced (in VIDEO_TS folder):

Code:
VIDEO_TS.BUP (12KB)
VIDEO_TS.IFO (12KB)
VIDEO_TS.VOB (21.7MB)
VTS_01_0.BUP (64KB)
VTS_01_0.IFO (64KB)
VTS_01_0.VOB (135MB)
VTS_01_1.VOB (0.99GB)
VTS_01_2.VOB (0.99GB)
VTS_01_3.VOB (0.99GB)
VTS_01_4.VOB (0.99GB)
VTS_01_5.VOB (89.4MB)

Please any help ?

Well, I still need to use DVD Shrink to only select the "Main Movie" leaving all other menu's and extra's alone, so AnyDVD doesn't create a rip containing the movie alone.

You are correct. You will need to use another program to get a main movie only rip. Anydvd will never provide that functionality.

Another problem I encountered is that AnyDVD didn't remove the copy-protection while ripping.

Provided Anydvd handles the disc, Anydvd removes all copy protection while ripping.

The movie always makes all my media players HANG at 02m15sec into the movie.

Then this is an issue with your movie player software, an issue with your system, or some sort of mastering defect with the disc itself.

Last edited:
After selecting main movie in dvd shrink, I get these files

1) As I stated before, just rip with Anydvd ripper and select the "video_ts" folder (not an .ifo file) as the source. The movie should play perfectly fine.

2) Play the original disc with Anydvd running in the background. Any playback issues?

3) Play the original disc with Anydvd disabled. Any playback issues?

There must be a copy-protection which AnyDVD doesn't know because it's clearly printed on the back of the case.

There doesn't appear to be anything other than CSS on this disc. I expect Shrink loads the disc fine even when Anydvd is not running; that's how simple this disc appears to be.

Well, I somehow fixed it by setting DVD Shrink to split VOBs in 1GB chunks.

Wierd, I suspect my recently JMicron drivers to be faulty, it always the same thing with that miserable controller and it's crap drivers.

Thanks for help folks.

Fine product, perfect service ! :bowdown:

Another problem I encountered is that AnyDVD didn't remove the copy-protection while ripping. The movie always makes all my media players HANG at 02m15sec into the movie. (Media player tested where MPC, ZoomPlayer, KMPlayer and SMPlayer) they all hang at 02m15.
Redoing the rip didn't solve it.

You only need to use the AnyDVD ripper on the titles mentioned in the sticky thread. For most movies you just leave AnyDVD running in the back-ground and rip the main movie only using Shrink. The AnyDVD ripper is just a tool to handle the strange ones - not your day to day rippper.

-W

Thanks, This thread can be closed.

Once again, I must admit AnyDVD did everything just fine.
My system is the problem.

Please keep doing great work. Slysoft all the way ! :rock:

Back