• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Says "No Drive Connected"?

darita

Everytime I install a new version of AnyDVD on my Vista laptop, my DVD drive is disconnected from the system and I get a warning from AnyDVD saying "No DVD drive is detected". I then have to call for tech help from Dell and reconnect the DVD drive. Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes, I did reboot. In fact, I unistalled AnyDVD, rebooted, installed, then rebooted again. No dice.

Just tried 6.4.0.1. and rebooted. No change. Still "No DVD Drive Detected". Has anyone else experienced this problem with Vista?

Just tried 6.4.0.1. and rebooted. No change. Still "No DVD Drive Detected". Has anyone else experienced this problem with Vista?

Yes, using Vista 64. To fix the problem I had to close AnyDVD and re-open it.

Must be one of those PC setups that got hit? I didn't have this happen on mine? A reboot fixes the issue 99% of the time.

You still haven't provided the information I requested.

Webslinger,
Sorry. I didn't realize what you were asking for. I'm sorry for my lack of computer knowledge, but I can't see where to click to download the program. Thanks for your patience.

Hi :)
Download & run BUSTRACE.
Then Click on Clipboard.
Then to post info.
Start as normal, but in the post window, right click & then click paste.
Then submit post.

OK. I see the Filter Driver Load Order. . Clipboard is unavailable to me to click on. What now?

Last edited:
I'm by far, not an expert, but I believe Dell's last solution was to reinstall the drivers for the device. Just to let you know, this has been going on for months. I've called at least 5 times on this same issue.

OK. I see the Filter Driver Load Order. . Clipboard is unavailable to me to click on. What now?

Refer to the images below:

(1) Run Filter Driver Load Order
(2) Place the mouse over one of your DVD drives and click. The Clipboard button will no longer be greyed out.

(3) Click on the Clipboard button

(4) Reply with a new post and in your message paste what is in your clipboard from the Filter Driver Load Order program.

I'm just confused... surely you don't expect him to purchase a $1,100 program?!?

I assumed he meant to get the freeware program Filter Driver Load Order v1.0.009 that busTRACE offers for download. zebadee mentioned that in his initial post.

Thanks for the help. I really am computer challenged. I hope this is the info you need.

----------------------------------------------------
Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com
----------------------------------------------------

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device Object: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD

Driver Name: gearaspiwdm.sys
File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
File Version: 2.0.6.1 [2.0.6.1]
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.

Driver Name: elbydelay.sys
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG

Driver Name: anydvd.sys
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
File Version: 6.4.0.1 [6.4.0.1]
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.0.1 [6.4.0.1]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.

Your filters look fine.

1. Do you have a commercial dvd movie in any of your drives? If not, put one in.

2. Click the fox icon on your toolbar. click "default". Click "ok".

3. Uninstall your drives from device manager. Reboot

4. Try different cables on the back of your drives

5. If you have non-sata drives, ensure DMA is enabled: click http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1712831&postcount=6

And if that doesn't work, then unfortunately, I'm out of suggestions at this time. I have Vista 64 bit ultimate at home, and Anydvd works perfectly fine on it with numerous SATA and PATA burners; I find myself unable to reproduce your issue.

Hi :)
Nope.......
The 1st link is a free download.
The 2nd link main page area, shows an overview of that program.

Ah, you said to download and run "Bustrace," which as a program is available but not freeware. :)

darita, is your DVD Drive currently not working? In other words, when you click on "My Computer," do you see the icon and drive letter for your DVD drive right now?

Back